Right, so I'm going to be up-front about all of the plans and ideas I've had for this. I'm not necessarily saying we should follow through what I'm saying, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to discuss how we expect things to play out:

1. First thing that needs to happen is people need to get to the meeting. The last while of the RP has pretty much been converging on that.
  2. If Karabiner is present, Epoch had planned to speak with him privately before the meeting, finalizing the purchase of some weapons as part of a plot to murder Orbit and possibly asking some questions about epic technology. But I'm considering cutting this out, because I am thinking the sooner we can get the meeting on the road, the better.
  3. Epoch opens up the meeting with a public oath witnessed by Justice (character by MacThorstenson that never got RPed but presumably exists in Edmonton and has the power to punish people who break promises) not to harm anyone at the meeting, then explains why he called everyone there. I have a list of topics Epoch is planning on bringing up, but I am not necessarily expecting to get through all of them before Karabiner's assassination interrupts things:
    • Asking anybody who knows anything about Doubletake's death or the darkness over the city to step forward.
    • Proposing to divide up the territories that Doubletake left behind and making his own bid for a piece of that territory.
    • Addressing the influx of newcomers, offering a place for any newcomers within ERA, and special accomodations for epics in proportion to their ability.
    • Offering to moderate any ongoing disputes between epic factions of the city (disclaimer: Epoch's notion of moderating a dispute is watching them duel it out).
  4. Presumably at some point things get derailed by Karabiner's assassination.
  5. Presumably at some point Blank (who has long-range clairvoyance like Epoch does) realizes that Epoch is making a play. Namely, leveraging the exact words of his promise not to harm anyone at the meeting, and just making the meeting last for months in the outside world while he disappears for a few minutes at a time during the meeting to manage taking over the rest of the city and preparing for when everybody gets out. IE, a timeskip happens.
  6. Epoch dies.
    • Anticlimactic Option: If Epoch's promise was something to the effect that the people at the meeting would be "under his protection" Justice could possibly kill him outright for failing to protect Karabiner.
    • Climactic Option: Everybody gets out and is angry. Epoch isn't ready to deal with them since Blank caught on earlier than Epoch expected due to being clairvoyant. There's an epic battle and Epoch and possibly some of my other characters are killed.

This is vaguely what I have in mind. I am expecting some degree of divergence from this, I just wanted to communicate what my thoughts are about this so we can plan together. Or if you alls wanted I suppose we could just skip to after the timeskip, which would be oddly fitting given we basically just had a timeskip IRL.

I'm also thinking about how to prevent this from happening again. Because I'm not so happy that my falling off the grid played a role in shutting down the RP; it was a really great RP. I don't think I would want to put myself in a position in this RP again where dropping out would stall the RP.

I'm considering the possibility of running a series of temporary characters. The idea is that I wouldn't allow any of my characters to last much longer than about a week in IRL time. Sometimes a background character to flesh out our setting, sometimes a villain of the week sort of thing, sometimes just a random bloke passing through. After their time was up, I would either kill them off, have them leave town, or make them NPCs that populate the setting and may be interacted with as anyone else saw fit (I feel like there were never really enough NPCs). This prevents any characters I make from becoming involved enough to be indispensable. It lets me not have any characters running when I need to, and lets me experiment with some of the billion character ideas that have been accumulating in the back of my mind when I have time to (seriously, I have like 50+ pages of rough character concepts and/or powersets).

I can get back on it, yeah. I won't be doing as much as before, but I can probably take a week and wrap up all of my characters as soon as we do the Meeting. After that, I just rely on Drake and HH to finish Karabiner. Like, finish him finish him.
Now that OS has gone down (wait, I did finish that, right?) I can do the Bloodlight-Stalemate scenes pretty quickly or just jump-cut them, and then it's just Bloodlight and Arachnerd. I think I'll just pass on Mightwielder, because I'm super busy this summer. He could show up if I come back this fall, but other than that I've got to wrap up, because writing a msucial is hard.

So should I start adding what I have to the docs? I realize most of the things I need to write about are collabs (the interrogation and the meeting).

As things stand Taya is barely conscious in the van, which is fine. She was planning on selling Moose her identity as an agent of the circle but I'm kind of inclined to let things unfold and see what happens. Because if all else fails, Taya being in critical condition is also a great excuse to use a healing motivator on her and unleash our resident sealed evil in a can.

Edited by MrakeDarshall

5 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

So should I start adding what I have to the docs? I realize most of the things I need to write about are collabs (the interrogation and the meeting).

As things stand Taya is barely conscious in the van, which is fine. She was planning on selling Moose her identity as an agent of the circle but I'm kind of inclined to let things unfold and see what happens. Because if all else fails, Taya being in critical condition is also a great excuse to use a healing motivator on her and unleash our resident sealed evil in a can.

Sounds good.

Alright I wrote some stuff in both the interrogation doc and the meeting doc (the meeting happens after the interrogation but I’m just gonna write them concurrently for now and retcon later if necessary).

My computer just crashed so that’s probably going to be my stopping point for today. The docs should be in a good place right now for someone else to respond.

I apologize for not being around sooner. With some luck and one or two pills from miracle max, the RP should be back on its feet soon enough.

Edited by MrakeDarshall

On 6/5/2019 at 2:24 AM, kenod said:

I think we are, at least if the others are aware you're back.

(On that note)

@breakingamber

@winter devotion

@Hemalurgic Headshot

@The Young Pyromancer

@Sazedezas

@Weirdpersonx

Woot! Darshall's back!

We can RP again! (maybe)

EDIT: I drafted a brief paragraph for Taya to take her out of the game temporarily. If you'd like to edit or retcon that, please do. 

Edited by breakingamber

3 hours ago, breakingamber said:

I drafted a brief paragraph for Taya to take her out of the game temporarily. If you'd like to edit or retcon that, please do. 

I’ve thought about it.

On one hand, this isn’t what I’d planned. She’ll be out of the action unless she barges in later.

On the other, part of the point of Taya’s character that nothing goes as planned. The setting is just too weird and chaotic, and stuff happens.

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah!!!! Roleplay return!!! I thought this was dead. What happened, Drake? 

Glad you're here; I figured you might be around.

Life got really busy with other things, I kept planning on coming back to this, but it took a while... Apparently I'm not very good at keeping in touch sometimes.

58 minutes ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Glad you're here; I figured you might be around.

Life got really busy with other things, I kept planning on coming back to this, but it took a while... Apparently I'm not very good at keeping in touch sometimes.

Hm... would it be paranoid of me to ask for contact information? I tried Skyping you, but you didn't respond.

30 minutes ago, MrakeDarshall said:

I don't really use my Skype anymore, try Discord maybe?

My Discord username is just DrakeMarshall (which, ironically, isn't actually my name, but that's a long story).

Sorry, I need your 4-digit code to contact you... would you mind? If you're not comfortable sharing that publicly, mine is #1939, and you can message me.

Also if anyone else  feels like the RP would really suffer without them (looking at a couple people), feel free to share contact info as well just in case.