16 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

About that...

I'm writing a musical that I hope to perform with my school this fall. It's kinda taking all of my time right now, because I need to present three songs from it next week or it won't even be considered. I have only finished the lyrics for one of them, and those of the other two have barely been started.

So, I will not be on here until at least the 16th, and after that my visits will be few and far between throughout the summer.

Well, I think that is a bold and worthy endeavor. Your absences are excused.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving an RP is always hard. Honestly I'd say another attempted revival possibly in another location would be the best chance, otherwise sorting out existing roadblocks may take too long.

The whole idea of a revive with the same characters was maybe not the best idea.  If we had restarted from scratch instead of doing a time-jump, that might have worked better.

And like I said, I can probably take over Epoch and Typhon if necessary once school's out, since Drake and I'd talked about some of his plans.

Eh, but it made things more complicated.

The reason it stagnated was really because Drake dropped out at a bad time.  This RP naturally fluctuated between activity and inactivity, and Drake happened to drop out when things were being slow.

That said, this wouldn't be that hard to start up again.  What would have to happen, loosely in order:

1. Winter and I work out roughly what happens with Jacquelyn.

2. The cake scene gets resolved.

3. Everyone enters the stadium, one by one.

4. Profit!

No, but all that was identified some time ago now and we've still not had any progress, the problem tends to be that once things start stagnating it gets harder to recover because there's not enough activity to motivate people or provide context. Inactivity tends to spiral.

While I have to admit that a version of the Reckoner's RP in Europe or Australia sounds interesting to me I'd prefer not to reboot the RP again, unless it's clear it's the only way. We currently have a lot of character arcs and worldbuilding that would be wasted if we'd reboot it again. We also have no real reassurance that a reboot would be more active than the current RP.

On that note, maybe it would be good to start RPing with the characters who aren't at the meeting, or possibly create a few new ones? It would keep the RP active while we resolve the current issues. I also suspect at least a few of us will have some character concepts lying around we could introduce (I have at least, will post some later).

I'd also rather we didn't have to start from scratch, but I do think it'd be the most effective way to revitalise things. I have plenty of characters who aren't involved in the stalled plot, but without knowing what's going to be happening in the rest of the city it's difficult to RP effectively and many of them don't have anyone to respond to.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

I'd also rather we didn't have to start from scratch, but I do think it'd be the most effective way to revitalise things. I have plenty of characters who aren't involved in the stalled plot, but without knowing what's going to be happening in the rest of the city it's difficult to RP effectively and many of them don't have anyone to respond to.

Maybe we could add a second city, like what happened in the old version? I remember that there was this other city close to Edmonton that was sort of wrecked because of Epic turf wars. If that left a lot of the old Epics dead it could be a reason for us to have new characters move in. If it's wrecked it would also mean that there wouldn't really be any organizations, meaning there'd probably be less of a hassle if someone drops out. The fact that it's so close to Edmonton would also mean we're not doing a reboot, and events in one city can still influence the other.

8 hours ago, kenod said:

Maybe we could add a second city, like what happened in the old version? I remember that there was this other city close to Edmonton that was sort of wrecked because of Epic turf wars. If that left a lot of the old Epics dead it could be a reason for us to have new characters move in. If it's wrecked it would also mean that there wouldn't really be any organizations, meaning there'd probably be less of a hassle if someone drops out. The fact that it's so close to Edmonton would also mean we're not doing a reboot, and events in one city can still influence the other.

Are you talking about Calgary?

22 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Are you talking about Calgary?

I am, though reading through the Edmonton introduction post it seems that another Epic (Chrysalis) has already taken over. Still, we could just say that he doesn't have full control yet.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, The Young Pyromancer said:

The reason it stagnated was really because Drake dropped out at a bad time.  This RP naturally fluctuated between activity and inactivity, and Drake happened to drop out when things were being slow.

Oops. I'm sorry. :( That sucks. I didn't know the RP stalled.

I guess now would be a good time to mention I'm kind of back?

If I were to bring closure to all the scenes I'm part of, get around to killing off Epoch and all that, would that help matters? Are people around and willing to perform some light necromancy on this RP?

Edited by MrakeDarshall

4 hours ago, MrakeDarshall said:

Oops. I'm sorry. :( That sucks. I didn't know the RP stalled.

I guess now would be a good time to mention I'm kind of back?

If I were to bring closure to all the scenes I'm part of, get around to killing off Epoch and all that, would that help matters? Are people around and willing to perform some light necromancy on this RP?

I think we are, at least if the others are aware you're back.

(On that note)

@breakingamber

@winter devotion

@Hemalurgic Headshot

@The Young Pyromancer

@Sazedezas

@Weirdpersonx

Edited by kenod