46 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Oh.  I thought you were just taking a REALLY long nap.

*waits for someone to get it*

Sorry for the delay, I was in the middle of a very important Avatar binge.

Hahaha! That's hilarious! (It actually was pretty good)

Edit: Flame...stolen? 

Edited by Weirdpersonx

11 hours ago, Kobold King said:

For the past month my mother has been doing nothing but reading books about autism and reading aloud all of the traits that she thinks that both she and I share, so yes, you could say I've been face to face with this concept before. :mellow::P

What's your realization?

It’s a few things, all at once.

I’m actually a very likeable person. Other people genuinely have trouble “being themselves,” whatever the heck that means, and to those people, my complete lack of comprehension to that does genuinely come across as brave. They’re not being insulting me. I’ve also made a difference in someone specific’s life— she said she thought she was straight but she’s been questioning that a bit and, in part, my complete inability to shut up about my UNDYING LOVE for anything female has helped her. Also, I could probably change people’s opinions easily, if I stopped approaching every disagreement as if it was a fight.

Edit: Also, rad! 

Edited by winter devotion

35 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I’m actually a very likeable person. Other people genuinely have trouble “being themselves,” whatever the heck that means, and to those people, my complete lack of comprehension to that does genuinely come across as brave. They’re not being insulting me. I’ve also made a difference in someone specific’s life— she said she thought she was straight but she’s been questioning that a bit and, in part, my complete inability to shut up about my UNDYING LOVE for anything female has helped her. Also, I could probably change people’s opinions easily, if I stopped approaching every disagreement as if it was a fight.

UNDYING!!!!

...ahem. Sorry.

15 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Do you guys ever have a realization about your personality that more or less completely changes your preconceptions and understanding of yourself? Because. I'm feeling that. Have been since yesterday afternoon. 

Yeah. A couple of years ago I realized that I couldn't call myself an antisocial bookworm anymore.

I realized that if I could say that I knew at least by sight every single one of the 600 people at my school, I wasn't antisocial anymore. When people who just met me started having the impression of me as clever and talkative. And that was hard for me to admit. I went through a solid month of cognitive dissonance first.

1 hour ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Yeah. A couple of years ago I realized that I couldn't call myself an antisocial bookworm anymore.

I realized that if I could say that I knew at least by sight every single one of the 600 people at my school, I wasn't antisocial anymore. When people who just met me started having the impression of me as clever and talkative. And that was hard for me to admit. I went through a solid month of cognitive dissonance first.

It’s weird, cuz now I’ve realized it, I can’t unrealize it, but I also don’t know what to do with it?

Anyway, I was reading some Gravity Falls fic and remembered that whole thing went down in Oregon. That amuses me to no end. Also, it’d be surprisingly easy to shift the relationships to make the Portlanders fit the cast, albeit with drastic changes in age. Sam as Wendy, Jade as Mabel, Nathan as Dipper, Lucentia as Pacifica, Lightwards as the crazy science guy whose name I can’t spell, Calamity as an incredibly anxious Bill Cipher, Red as Gideon, maybe. 

Edit: Oh, and Revolution is Candy. 

Kokichi is Soos.

5 hours ago, winter devotion said:

It's always nice to have made a positive impression on someone's life. ^_^ Or rather, to realize it; I like to think we all do on a daily basis, even if we aren't cognizant of the fact.

6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

It’s weird, cuz now I’ve realized it, I can’t unrealize it, but I also don’t know what to do with it?

Anyway, I was reading some Gravity Falls fic and remembered that whole thing went down in Oregon. That amuses me to no end. Also, it’d be surprisingly easy to shift the relationships to make the Portlanders fit the cast, albeit with drastic changes in age. Sam as Wendy, Jade as Mabel, Nathan as Dipper, Lucentia as Pacifica, Lightwards as the crazy science guy whose name I can’t spell, Calamity as an incredibly anxious Bill Cipher, Red as Gideon, maybe. 

Edit: Oh, and Revolution is Candy. 

I just realized that Wendy is Sam if Sam were the daughter of Remington Springfield. :P

4 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

It's always nice to have made a positive impression on someone's life. ^_^ Or rather, to realize it; I like to think we all do on a daily basis, even if we aren't cognizant of the fact.

I just realized that Wendy is Sam if Sam were the daughter of Remington Springfield. :P

Oh my gosh, she is, isn't she. 

14 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Oh my gosh, she is, isn't she. 

Thanks to you I'm just over here picturing that prophecy wheel with Bill Cipher at the center, but with Calamity and all of our character icons. :ph34r:

...Jade's might have to be a static image, though. I don't know if prophetic iconography supports the .gif format. :P

5 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Thanks to you I'm just over here picturing that prophecy wheel with Bill Cipher at the center, but with Calamity and all of our character icons. :ph34r:

...Jade's might have to be a static image, though. I don't know if prophetic iconography supports the .gif format. :P

Ancient prophetic iconography doesn't follow your rules.

9 hours ago, Kidpen said:

This makes me happy inside. 

And that one creepy episode with the anime girlfriend now has a whole nother level of weird. 

Oregon: It Can Get Weirder is a slogan that applies to both our roleplay and Gravity Falls. 

Also, I can't get over the idea of Remington being Sam's dad. 

I just realized: Calamity isn't Bill Cipher. Calamity is Robbie. 

48 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Also, I can't get over the idea of Remington being Sam's dad. 

Imagine the father-daughter chats. 

REMINGTON: Always question authority. If someone in power tells you to do something, don't just take it as an order. Make them explain themselves. 
SAM: Why? 
REMINGTON: (fighting back tears of joy) I'm so proud of you. 

51 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I just realized: Calamity isn't Bill Cipher. Calamity is Robbie. 

All right, that's it. Winter just won the internet. 

Also, has anyone else been watching Umbrella Academy

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I just finished the second episode last night. :)

I’m watching it at a slower pace, because I know that if I don’t I’ll binge the whole series and I want it to last. :P But I started the second episode last night and it keeps getting better—which is saying something, with how strong the pilot was. 

EDIT: @The Young Pyromancer It's about seven children, six of whom have superpowers. See, this world's mass-empowering-event was that, years ago, a bunch of women who hadn't been pregnant when the day started suddenly gave birth. An eccentric billionaire/recluse/scientist went around the world and wound up adopting seven of them, who he raised as the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy. Unfortunately, the guy is a massive chull and so the kids grew up in the middle of Dysfunction Junction. It has a lot of Silver Age comic book tropes—child heroes, eccentric benefactors, time-travel shenanigans, a talking monkey butler—and the series is both a deconstruction and an affectionate parody of those things. Both the show and the comics manage to be fun and dark at the same time. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

3 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Imagine the father-daughter chats. 

REMINGTON: Always question authority. If someone in power tells you to do something, don't just take it as an order. Make them explain themselves. 
SAM: Why? 
REMINGTON: (fighting back tears of joy) I'm so proud of you. 

All right, that's it. Winter just won the internet. 

Also, has anyone else been watching Umbrella Academy

The AU battle where Lightwards has to fight both Remington Springfield and his snarky, bullseye-hitting, trigger-happy daughter is a firm stomp in Team Springfield's favor. They don't need his weakness. He just can never get halfway through one of his speeches without getting shot. :ph34r:

Is Umbrella Academy suitable for younger audiences? I need to know whether to watch it alone or to introduce it to everyone as the new family show for our evening group viewings.

12 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

The AU battle where Lightwards has to fight both Remington Springfield and his snarky, bullseye-hitting, trigger-happy daughter is a firm stomp in Team Springfield's favor. They don't need his weakness. He just can never get halfway through one of his speeches without getting shot. :ph34r:

BANG

"Seriously, guys? I spent three hours coming up with that last speech! THREE HOURS!

13 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Is Umbrella Academy suitable for younger audiences? I need to know whether to watch it alone or to introduce it to everyone as the new family show for our evening group viewings.

Definitely watch it alone. There's some swearing (s-words and variations thereupon, mostly) as well as blood and gore. Much of it is implied, rather than shown, but it's similar to how it was in The Dark Knight—leaving the worst of it to the imagination just makes it more unsettling. A couple of the characters are drug addicts and arguably the main theme is how broken they all are from their adoptive dad's terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad parenting. Although that's sometimes played for dark comedy, their depression and dysfunction are always shown as a tragic result of a terrible upbringing, and it (and Klaus's ability to talk to the dead) would probably be disturbing for younger viewers. 

Spoiler

And I'm pretty sure they're including a romance from the series, which is….so, you know how the Umbrella Academy kids aren't related by blood even though they have the same last name? Yeah. I didn't feel like the books ever glamorized it; Way and Ba seemed to portray it as another sad result of their messed-up childhood. But again, not suitable for young audiences.