17 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Update on my brother being introduced to the RP.

He said he ships Altermind and Sam.

He is no longer allowed to read our RP.

I once shipped Lightwards and Möbius. 

Funtimes and Möbius. 

Lightwards and Nighthound. 

I never even dreamed of Altermind and Sam and I am mad that I will never get the thought out of my head.

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I once shipped Lightwards and Möbius. 

Funtimes and Möbius. 

Lightwards and Nighthound. 

I never even dreamed of Altermind and Sam and I am mad that I will never get the thought out of my head.

I read this out loud to him and he cackled like a madman. I think we have found your nemesis, Shipmistress.

19 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Bruce is judging his shipping choices.  

Reveal hidden contents

F8ED398D-CBB2-4778-83CF-48E1AB101178.jpeg

I literally cannot even imagine them as a happy couple.

Spoiler

"I bought you a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day."

"Aww. They almost look real."

"They are real."

"Yeah right. I guess you expect me to believe we actually had a date at a nice restaurant last week, too."

"We did!"

"You can't prove that. Or maybe you can. Maybe the Thoughttown governors caught it on camera, all Orwellian-like!"

"Oh, I see. Nothing I do is good enough for you, is it?"

"I can't even tell if you're doing anything! I don't even know for sure if you're wearing pants right now, Milton!"

"They are pajama bottoms but they still count, Samantha!"

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

I literally cannot even imagine them as a happy couple.

Hide contents

"I bought you a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day."

"Aww. They almost look real."

"They are real."

"Yeah right. I guess you expect me to believe we actually had a date at a nice restaurant last week, too."

"We did!"

"You can't prove that. Or maybe you can. Maybe the Thoughttown governors caught it on camera, all Orwellian-like!"

"Oh, I see. Nothing I do is good enough for you, is it?"

"I can't even tell if you're doing anything! I don't even know for sure if you're wearing pants right now, Milton!"

"They are pajama bottoms but they still count, Samantha!"

OH LORDY THIS

THIS perfect demonstrates the problems of two different dating scenarios:

1. The problems of dealing with an illusionist
  2. The problems of dealing with a pathological liar

Of these two scenarios,  I thankfully have not encountered one but the other is my sister :P

So here's a rough concept I came up with that I wondered if it has been discussed before.
Basically, it's an Epic who's PI is a type of reincarnation were their mind transfers to a random (often nearby) person when they're killed. However, this doesn't actually supplant the personality already existing in the body, so the two would basically have to work together regarding control of the body, with both having access to the Epic's other abilities, but the corruption having a fairly strong hold on the Epic's personality and only getting a hold on the original personality when they use their powers, and only in a weakened form. When they die the personalities get merged and move on to someone else. It isn't possible for them to actually fight for control over the body, since if the other party fights back it will balance out, and the original personality will generally win, though it'll seriously hinder them, especially mentally.
To me this seems like a fairly interesting concept, since it creates an interesting conflict between the personalities, and it also means that if they do manage to get along they can probably be highly effective (double brain power), while if they fight each other it'll be hard for them to accomplish anything. I'm not entirely sure if this is possible within the Reckoners verse though (do mental powers even exist there? The only time I can remember seeing them in the books was an offhand mention discussing illusionist types).

6 hours ago, kenod said:

So here's a rough concept I came up with that I wondered if it has been discussed before.
Basically, it's an Epic who's PI is a type of reincarnation were their mind transfers to a random (often nearby) person when they're killed. However, this doesn't actually supplant the personality already existing in the body, so the two would basically have to work together regarding control of the body, with both having access to the Epic's other abilities, but the corruption having a fairly strong hold on the Epic's personality and only getting a hold on the original personality when they use their powers, and only in a weakened form. When they die the personalities get merged and move on to someone else. It isn't possible for them to actually fight for control over the body, since if the other party fights back it will balance out, and the original personality will generally win, though it'll seriously hinder them, especially mentally.
To me this seems like a fairly interesting concept, since it creates an interesting conflict between the personalities, and it also means that if they do manage to get along they can probably be highly effective (double brain power), while if they fight each other it'll be hard for them to accomplish anything. I'm not entirely sure if this is possible within the Reckoners verse though (do mental powers even exist there? The only time I can remember seeing them in the books was an offhand mention discussing illusionist types).

There are mental Epics in the Reckonerverse. It's actually one of us, Edgedancer, who asked the question at an AMA that confirmed it.

Dancingedge

In Steelheart you mentioned mind control Epics. Just how extensive are some of the mind control powers and are they likely to diffentiate between normal people and other Epics?

Brandon Sanderson

Mind control powers among Epics are more subtle than you might find in something like the Marvel universe. (Making someone think they want a sandwich, so they wander away from their post, instead of directly controlling them.) But stronger manifestations do exist. They're more rare.

Generally, mind control powers will have more trouble with epics.

Source.

And yes, it is an interesting concept. It might require some careful planning in an RP environment so the character doesn't hijack someone else's character without the writer's permission, but it could be really neat to see.

It kind of reminds me of something that's in RWBY that I won't say outright because spoilers. :ph34r:

It also reminds me of Butcher, from Worm.

Okay, now let's get the thread restarted.

CAKE SCENE: Guys, who do you think is going next?

JACKLYN SCENE: @MrakeDarshall

MEETING SCENE: People are waiting for the next person to arrive.  I nominate.... @Kidpen!

Also, @Comatose Kobold is waiting on you.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

MEETING SCENE: People are waiting for the next person to arrive.  I nominate.... @Kidpen!

Sorry, I've had family over and haven't had time to write much. I believe I'm next for the cake scene but not certain. I can check that in a few minutes.

24 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Do you guys ever have a realization about your personality that more or less completely changes your preconceptions and understanding of yourself? Because. I'm feeling that. Have been since yesterday afternoon. 

For the past month my mother has been doing nothing but reading books about autism and reading aloud all of the traits that she thinks that both she and I share, so yes, you could say I've been face to face with this concept before. :mellow::P

What's your realization?

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Thanks for the reminder!  Work has been sooo nuts sorry.  I’ll try to get it together on an evening I’m not staying late.