18 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

It's fine. I mean, Nighthound happened. Abuse of things like that can be interesting. 

But yeah, I understand why you might wanna avoid that. Ko's a complete moron when it comes to people's feelings for that exact reason. I honestly have no idea if they're actually attractive or if it's just their power. 

Another reason why Kokichi would make Oregon complicated: Every single female character is automatically attracted to Nathan , who loses everything interesting about him and becomes completely boring. (That's not happening now because he's not really a central part of the plot in the same way. Like, he didn't start it off.)

What Happened in Oregon as a harem anime would be... interesting, to say the least. :P I'm 90% sure it ends with Doctor Darktimes and Shiny Sparkle killing everybody else and having a yandere battle to the death, though.

Just now, Kobold King said:

What Happened in Oregon as a harem anime would be... interesting, to say the least. :P I'm 90% sure it ends with Doctor Darktimes and Shiny Sparkle killing everybody else and having a yandere battle to the death, though.

Mirai Nikai style. 

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

It'll just be an absurd amount of accidental gropings, exposed under clothes, and even more ludicrously bouncy boobs. I'm more interesting in the absolute nightmare that'll be Red. 

Wasn't wardrobe malfunctions actually one of Jacklyn's powers?

Also, Red and Kokichi meeting sounds terrifying. I'll raise you Quietus and Tayahound becoming a couple/weird thing and meeting Kokichi.

Edit:

2 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

I suggest adding a Yuri sideplot with Red, Ray and C4.

Edited by kenod

7 minutes ago, kenod said:

Wasn't wardrobe malfunctions actually one of Jacklyn's powers?

Also, Red and Kokichi meeting sounds terrifying. I'll raise you Quietus and Tayahound becoming a couple/weird thing and meeting Kokichi.

Edit:

I suggest adding a Yuri sideplot with Red, Ray and C4.

Yeah, but it'd get so much worse. 

Trust me, that's already part of the plan. Except the couple thing. 

Red is already yuri, though she'd never go for either of those two. She's already been hitting on Jacklyn. 

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Red is already yuri, though she'd never go for either of those two. She's already been hitting on Jacklyn. 

From what I remember she'll probably be hitting on Jacklyn in a slightly different way the next time they meet.

Just now, winter devotion said:

Oh god, yes, it is. I've already started on that scene and it's... it's weird. 

Is it going to happen before or after the meeting? If it's part of the interrogation scene it would probably happen before right?

On 8/22/2014 at 6:46 AM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Remington adjusted the strap holding his empty rifle to his back. The other two—one a blonde girl in black with purple lipstick, the other a slim, brown-haired woman in a flowing green skirt and crocheted blouse—shrugged and followed, the blonde with a pinched expression and the brunette with a smile. The unicyclist pedaled ahead of them all, following Funtimes closest. 

So I thought Winter had taken artistic license when she drew Sam with blonde hair, since I'd always pictured her with dark hair and had just forgotten to mention it. But re-reading the thread I've discovered that Winter was right all along and Sam has been blonde this whole time.

Sorry for doubting you, Winter. Once again I prove that I know the least of anyone about my characters' lore. :P

34 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

So I thought Winter had taken artistic license when she drew Sam with blonde hair, since I'd always pictured her with dark hair and had just forgotten to mention it. But re-reading the thread I've discovered that Winter was right all along and Sam has been blonde this whole time.

Sorry for doubting you, Winter. Once again I prove that I know the least of anyone about my characters' lore. :P

I actually went back and checked when drawing her. I’d assumed she’d had dark hair too!

Also Red can’t be a yuri character cuz she’s actually slept with people, hahahahahahahahahaha. 

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

I actually went back and checked when drawing her. I’d assumed she’d had dark hair too!

Also Red can’t be a yuri character cuz she’s actually slept with people, hahahahahahahahahaha. 

You know what, scrap all the Darkrose canon, clearly it's not in keeping with the character. This is Sam's official Epic profile.

Epic Name: "Do I really need one? C'mon. Fine, just make it 'Gloss' or 'Toner' or something dumb like that."

Powers and Abilities: Her hair changes from black to blonde and back again. She can control it if she focuses hard enough. Otherwise it just happens at random when no one's looking.

"At least I'm not Backtrack."

Weakness: "Who even sparking cares."

Modus Operandi: "Will the Reckoners please just come and kill me now? I don't want to be remembered for this."

1 hour ago, Kobold King said:

You know what, scrap all the Darkrose canon, clearly it's not in keeping with the character. This is Sam's official Epic profile.

Epic Name: "Do I really need one? C'mon. Fine, just make it 'Gloss' or 'Toner' or something dumb like that."

Powers and Abilities: Her hair changes from black to blonde and back again. She can control it if she focuses hard enough. Otherwise it just happens at random when no one's looking.

"At least I'm not Backtrack."

Weakness: "Who even sparking cares."

Modus Operandi: "Will the Reckoners please just come and kill me now? I don't want to be remembered for this."

Later, Knighthawk gets a motivator made out of her powers, and uses it as bait.

10 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

Later, Knighthawk gets a motivator made out of her powers, and uses it as bait.

Note: Gloss was not killed in the making of this motivator.

"So then I--SPARKS THAT HURTS THAT HURTS THAT HURTS."

"Are you alright, Lady Epic?"

"Yeah, some slontze just had to have their hair dyed and it couldn't wait for the stylist. And I TOLD YOU to stop calling me that."

5 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Note: Gloss was not killed in the making of this motivator.

"So then I--SPARKS THAT HURTS THAT HURTS THAT HURTS."

"Are you alright, Lady Epic?"

"Yeah, some slontze just had to have their hair dyed and it couldn't wait for the stylist. And I TOLD YOU to stop calling me that."

Would that be better or worse?

Also, dumb question: Would a motivator set off a dowser? I mean, it is still-alive epic flesh in a box.

1 minute ago, breakingamber said:

Also, dumb question: Would a motivator set off a dowser? I mean, it is still-alive epic flesh in a box.

Given that the dowsers we've seen had to be attached to the person being scanned, I'd say they wouldn't give off any warnings unless you actually attached them to the flesh inside the motivator, or possibly the tech using the motivator. Not sure about Epics with a dowsing ability though. Only while the motivator is active I guess?

Just now, breakingamber said:

Gloss is equally displeased with her life's trajectory either which way. :P

I think that would depend on exactly how dowsers work, which we don't know. Do they work by scanning for Epic DNA somehow? If so, how much does it take to set it off? If you had a ton of Epic blood on or inside of you would the dowser give a false positive?

Gloss is equally displeased with her life's trajectory either which way. :P

I think that would depend on exactly how dowsers work, which we don't know. Do they work by scanning for Epic DNA somehow? If so, how much does it take to set it off? If you had a ton of Epic blood on or inside of you would the dowser give a false positive?

That does raise an interesting (and mind you EXTREMELY stupid question): If you got a large blood transfer from an Epic, would you get Epic powers?

gets a blood transplant from Red... wait a second.

That does raise an interesting (and mind you EXTREMELY stupid question): If you got a large blood transfer from an Epic, would you get Epic powers?

Not sure about blood, since the blood cells would probably die off in a few days, so any powers would presumably only last for that time span, but organ or bone marrow transplants might work.

I think someone should ask this question during a QA.

I'm 99% sure this would just kill you no matter which Epic gave the blood. :P Epic biology is pretty weird, after all. I can't remember where this is discussed, but I remember something about their bodies decomposing much more rapidly than normal humans.

That said, there's a WoB that says they can have children, and there was no caveat there about it only being with other Epics. So really who knows the answer to any of these questions at this point?

Just now, kenod said:

Not sure about blood, since the blood cells would probably die off in a few days, so any powers would presumably only last for that time span, but organ or bone marrow transplants might work.

I think someone should ask this question during a QA.

I'm 99% sure this would just kill you no matter which Epic gave the blood. :P Epic biology is pretty weird, after all. I can't remember where this is discussed, but I remember something about their bodies decomposing much more rapidly than normal humans.

That said, there's a WoB that says they can have children, and there was no caveat there about it only being with other Epics. So really who knows the answer to any of these questions at this point?

Anyway, can we just pretend motivators set off dowsers? Just for fun. 

Spoiler

Karina's motivator was inside her coat pocket.

Anyway, can we just pretend motivators set off dowsers? Just for fun. 

Hide contents

Karina's motivator was inside her coat pocket.

I'm still waiting for Comatose to get me character sheets for the Reckoners, but I feel like this scenario probably ends up with Jenn holding a gun to a very upset Karina's head. :P