Kaitlin and Marian (backstory character) would probably end up there, with both having various psychological issues, Kaitlin having Dependent Personality Disorder and being Marian's flunky/sort of friend/girlfriend (it's weird), and Marian being a general Sociopath who got there after having Kaitlin poison another student but not leaving enough evidence to be expelled (and having influential parents).

P.S.
The poisoning actually happened in their canon backstory.

13 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Are hugs your weakness? *takes furious notes*

You just entered Rending priority territory, pal. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Quota would probably be there for like 3 days before he was expelled, but boy, would those 3 days go down in Problem Dorm infamy. 

I feel like Problem Dorm would pretty just be the regular Dominion but in a college. :P

Momentum twins would probably end up there for causing mayhem.

Metronome would definitely end up there to prevent bullying. Though Metronome and the faculty both have very different views over who would be doing the bullying.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Metronome would definitely end up there to prevent bullying. Though Metronome and the faculty both have very different views over who would be doing the bullying.

Given the people inside of that dorm I doubt it would help much. It would probably make it even worse. On the other hand, it might work as a form of shock therapy?

I... Don't think any of my characters qualify, actually. I mean, Karabiner is a terrible person, and almost certainly would have at least been bad in any Invocationverse (that's the setting, right?), so it's fairly likely he'd be expelled.. He'd probably be the sleazy professor instead though. And naturally, he'd have to teach some technology class, with Charles as his assistant. Unless...

CHARLES COULD DO THE INTERCOM! AND RUN SECURITY!

Just a thought.

EDIT: Well, he could certainly do that in the high school one, anyway.

Edited by Sazedezas
No new posts

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

I like organization? 

I suppose a little organization for these AUs wouldn't hurt. :ph34r:

Also, am I the only one who feels like the Invocation College universe could be treated as either parody or as a straight scenario? It seems like in the Invocationverse there'd be at least one college out there that attracts a ton of Epic students of various ages and backgrounds by offering some special boon. Maybe by offering free courses to students willing to use their powers in laboratory settings for study, or by providing training for Epics wanting to go into superheroics as a career.

17 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

I suppose a little organization for these AUs wouldn't hurt. :ph34r:

Also, am I the only one who feels like the Invocation College universe could be treated as either parody or as a straight scenario? It seems like in the Invocationverse there'd be at least one college out there that attracts a ton of Epic students of various ages and backgrounds by offering some special boon. Maybe by offering free courses to students willing to use their powers in laboratory settings for study, or by providing training for Epics wanting to go into superheroics as a career.

I can see an Epic college doing both. Offering a research scholarship to students willing to complete a set number of hours in a lab allowing their powers to be studied would be a good way to get Epic students through the door, at which point guidance counselors could push the school's superheroics elective. The number of lab hours completed could even correlate directly with how much scholarship money the student would be given—which would, of course, be limited by how much scholarship money the school had to offer. And now I'm picturing scholarship drives in surrounding areas—i.e., the supermarket cashier asking everyone who goes through their line if they want to round up their total to donate to the university's Future Heroes Fund. 

Were that the case, that's probably how Jade would've gotten in, completing as many lab hours as the school was wiling to give and paying for the rest through loans. Of course, the lab would make her nervous at first, what with her mom having filled her head with horrible what-if scenarios that were pure conjecture on her part, but terrifying nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I can see an Epic college doing both. Offering a research scholarship to students willing to complete a set number of hours in a lab allowing their powers to be studied would be a good way to get Epic students through the door, at which point guidance counselors could push the school's superheroics elective. The number of lab hours completed could even correlate directly with how much scholarship money the student would be given—which would, of course, be limited by how much scholarship money the school had to offer. And now I'm picturing scholarship drives in surrounding areas—i.e., the supermarket cashier asking everyone who goes through their line if they want to round up their total to donate to the university's Future Heroes Fund. 

Were that the case, that's probably how Jade would've gotten in, completing as many lab hours as the school was wiling to give and paying for the rest through loans. Of course, the lab would make her nervous at first, what with her mom having filled her head with horrible what-if scenarios that were pure conjecture on her part, but terrifying nonetheless. 

I wonder what a motivator made from Kokichi would do.

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, some technology like the gravatonics in the Reckonerverse was based on Epic powers but not based on motivator tech. i.e., there'd be a pretty huge financial benefit from Epics allowing themselves to be studied--all kinds of corporations would pay good dollar to get their hands on the research results. That would probably cover a lot of expenses for a usual college, and a combination of backing from government sources, donations, and mysterious shadowy figures who want to use the college for their own diabolical ends would cover the rest.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

I wonder what a motivator made from Kokichi would do.

Fortunately, we don't have to think too much about that because Knighthawk explicitly states that dimensionalists and reality manipulators are too complex to have motivators made from them

Thank Calamity

Jacklyn might be in the problem dorm.

Actually, this is one of the situations in which Jacklyn might not be a victim.

Nicroburst definitely would, for obvious reasons.  First time someone tries to shove him.... heh.

Blank would probably attend, as gifters would most likely be highly valued, and would fake different powers to the students.

And Viktor.... the last time someone tried to mess with Viktor, it didn't end well....:ph34r:

I thought this was going to be a high school?  Isn't that traditional?

19 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Well, some technology like the gravatonics in the Reckonerverse was based on Epic powers but not based on motivator tech. i.e., there'd be a pretty huge financial benefit from Epics allowing themselves to be studied--all kinds of corporations would pay good dollar to get their hands on the research results. That would probably cover a lot of expenses for a usual college, and a combination of backing from government sources, donations, and mysterious shadowy figures who want to use the college for their own diabolical ends would cover the rest.

Which would add both a potential overarching plot and another layer of interaction, since I’d imagine the reps from Coca-Cola would act much differently—and have differing interests—than the reps from the federal government. 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Which would add both a potential overarching plot and another layer of interaction, since I’d imagine the reps from Coca-Cola would act much differently—and have differing interests—than the reps from the federal government. 

Now I'm imagining Senora Delancey sending Jade a bunch of articles about supposed shady government projects based on research from the college. A lot of them look bogus, but some are just plausible enough to make students question it.

And eventually a leaked video surfaces of someone being killed with a weapon that operates suspiciously like the unique powers of another student, triggering massive controversy and protests on the campus. No one knows if the video is legit, if it depicts what it says it depicts, or even if it's all a hoax from some Epic with flawless digital editing powers.

Man, the Invocationverse is probably a chaotic place sometimes. :mellow:

7 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Now I'm imagining Senora Delancey sending Jade a bunch of articles about supposed shady government projects based on research from the college. A lot of them look bogus, but some are just plausible enough to make students question it.

And eventually a leaked video surfaces of someone being killed with a weapon that operates suspiciously like the unique powers of another student, triggering massive controversy and protests on the campus. No one knows if the video is legit, if it depicts what it says it depicts, or even if it's all a hoax from some Epic with flawless digital editing powers.

Man, the Invocationverse is probably a chaotic place sometimes. :mellow:

She most certainly would do that. Bonus points if some or most of the articles are from outlets she'd previously dismissed as catering to conspiracy theorists, except now she's taking them completely seriously. Jade might scoff at them, but secretly she'd wonder. And that video would prompt at least a dozen calls to Jade's cell phone, each increasingly panicked and accusatory and demanding she port home at once, which would cause Jade to spend the protests huddled in a stall in the nearest campus bathroom. 

And it probably is, yeah. It seems like a utopia—but that's in comparison to a universe where residence in the two ideal cities (Newcago and Babilar) comes with a "may be casually murdered by an Epic for any or no reason" clause. 

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

She most certainly would do that. Bonus points if some or most of the articles are from outlets she'd previously dismissed as catering to conspiracy theorists, except now she's taking them completely seriously. Jade might scoff at them, but secretly she'd wonder. And that video would prompt at least a dozen calls to Jade's cell phone, each increasingly panicked and accusatory and demanding she port home at once, which would cause Jade to spend the protests huddled in a stall in the nearest campus bathroom. 

And it probably is, yeah. It seems like a utopia—but that's in comparison to a universe where residence in the two ideal cities (Newcago and Babilar) comes with a "may be casually murdered by an Epic for any or no reason" clause. 

"Nonsense, dear. 'THETRUTHHASBEENHIDDENFROMYOU.net' is a perfectly legitimate news source. You must have misheard me before."

Even without corruption and with a plethora of superheroes to protect it, the Invocationverse probably has its own ridiculously high bodycount. :mellow:

10 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

"Nonsense, dear. 'THETRUTHHASBEENHIDDENFROMYOU.net' is a perfectly legitimate news source. You must have misheard me before."

Even without corruption and with a plethora of superheroes to protect it, the Invocationverse probably has its own ridiculously high bodycount. :mellow:

The number of Epics is ludicrious, honestly? Like, the setting I’m developing has near two thousand superpowered individuals globally and the amount of damage from each fight is still super high. Seems like there should be less vanillas in the Calamity timeline, considering there’s so much deliberate violence. It’s bad enough when most of the collateral is incidental. 

My Hero Aca does a really good job discussing how collateral damage effects society, especially All Might vs All For One.