2,478 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

 

Autumn Glass meekly raises her hand

"Excuse me please, but I just found out I have the ability to swap any two people's Epic abilities, but not my own, unless an assumer first copies my power and then uses it on me within five minutes of also assuming a canceler's powers. Also my Rending involved doing this to every single Epic I'd heard the name of, so you might have to start a new notebook."

Mysteriously, Lorists all over the world advised the Reckoners cells that they helped that the state of Oregon needed to be destroyed at all costs. None of them could quite articulate why but they were all adamant that this was the only reasonable course of action.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Mysteriously, Lorists all over the world advised the Reckoners cells that they helped that the state of Oregon needed to be destroyed at all costs. None of them could quite articulate why but they were all adamant that this was the only reasonable course of action.

Thus began the very secret, very convoluted, and very controversial Operation W.H.I.O (Weapons for Hurting Incredible Oddities). When it was finished, nothing remained of Oregon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, is it just me or is Darkrose kind of... hot? Maybe that's just cuz I'm drawing her again? But? Hot?

 

It's probably just me isn't it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, winter devotion said:

Guys, is it just me or is Darkrose kind of... hot? Maybe that's just cuz I'm drawing her again? But? Hot?

 

It's probably just me isn't it. 

Sure. Why not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Guys, is it just me or is Darkrose kind of... hot? Maybe that's just cuz I'm drawing her again? But? Hot?

 

It's probably just me isn't it. 

Wait, more fanart? You know you're obligated to share it now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Wait, more fanart? You know you're obligated to share it now.

Still coloring it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, winter devotion said:

Still coloring it. 

:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go. I’m not sure I like how it worked out. The writing says “No more liars.”

Spoiler

92CE9A23-D8CC-4624-A86C-B30F0324B333.thumb.jpeg.1453ba5c165d6cae008928f37d4e9be5.jpeg

 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Here we go. I’m not sure I like how it worked out. The writing says “No more liars.”

  Hide contents

92CE9A23-D8CC-4624-A86C-B30F0324B333.thumb.jpeg.1453ba5c165d6cae008928f37d4e9be5.jpeg

 

 

...I... I now have an image to go with the meme template.

 

Spoiler

DXyXf-JXUAAxM9l.jpg.bac07589bcabc08c1e2285380874f291.jpg

All jokes aside, I actually REALLY love this! She's just brimming with her own sadistic, insane character. "No more liars" is a very creepy but fitting catchphrase.

I'm really just overflowing with the special sort of glee that can only come from someone drawing one of your OCs just because they wanted to holy sparks how did that even happen

:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kobold King said:

 

...I... I now have an image to go with the meme template.

 

  Hide contents

DXyXf-JXUAAxM9l.jpg.bac07589bcabc08c1e2285380874f291.jpg

All jokes aside, I actually REALLY love this! She's just brimming with her own sadistic, insane character. "No more liars" is a very creepy but fitting catchphrase.

I'm really just overflowing with the special sort of glee that can only come from someone drawing one of your OCs just because they wanted to holy sparks how did that even happen

:D

Thanks! I now have a new character to obsess about, so I'm not saying there'll be more, but there's probably going to be more. I've been messing around with drawing new sub-cultures rather than just "ambiguous hoodie," and I love love love love love attractive super villains. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Here we go. I’m not sure I like how it worked out. The writing says “No more liars.”

  Reveal hidden contents

92CE9A23-D8CC-4624-A86C-B30F0324B333.thumb.jpeg.1453ba5c165d6cae008928f37d4e9be5.jpeg

 

*clapclapclap*

Quite nice. I like it. Not quite what I expected, but I think it fits.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

Guys, is it just me or is Darkrose kind of... hot? Maybe that's just cuz I'm drawing her again? But? Hot?

 

It's probably just me isn't it. 

 

Spoiler

 

"Rev. Rev, wake up."

"Huh... what is it?" Revolution slowly woke and rose up in bed--way too slowly for anyone who had grown up after Calamity, but that was neither here nor there. Sam kept poking her in the shoulder as she yawned herself awake, as the crickets chirped outside the Tillamook cottage windows.

"Sam, what's gotten into you?"

She took a deep breath. How to explain it? Truth be told, it was hard even explaining to herself what was the matter. All she could do was try to put words to the feeling.

"Revolution, I... I think somebody thinks I'm hot."

She got a blank stare in return. "...that's... probable. There are probably lots of guys your age back in the Portland suburbs you made an impression on."

Sam shook her head vigorously. "No, not them. This is different. Bigger even. I think they're... drawing pictures of me."

For a moment an actual look of alarm crossed Revolution's face. "It's not Nighthound, is it?"

"No--sparks, I hope not. I think it's someone we don't know. But I swear they're drawing pictures of me. Pictures where I'm hot, and... and also an Epic."

"..."

"I mean it! I just know it, somewhere deep in my soul."

"Go back to sleep, Samantha."

"Not until they're brought to justice! This has to end! No more weird hot pics!"

"Sleeeeep. You can pester Nathan or Funtimes about it tomorrow."

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

 

  Hide contents

 

"Rev. Rev, wake up."

"Huh... what is it?" Revolution slowly woke and rose up in bed--way too slowly for anyone who had grown up after Calamity, but that was neither here nor there. Sam kept poking her in the shoulder as she yawned herself awake, as the crickets chirped outside the Tillamook cottage windows.

"Sam, what's gotten into you?"

She took a deep breath. How to explain it? Truth be told, it was hard even explaining to herself what was the matter. All she could do was try to put words to the feeling.

"Revolution, I... I think somebody thinks I'm hot."

She got a blank stare in return. "...that's... probable. There are probably lots of guys your age back in the Portland suburbs you made an impression on."

Sam shook her head vigorously. "No, not them. This is different. Bigger even. I think they're... drawing pictures of me."

For a moment an actual look of alarm crossed Revolution's face. "It's not Nighthound, is it?"

"No--sparks, I hope not. I think it's someone we don't know. But I swear they're drawing pictures of me. Pictures where I'm hot, and... and also an Epic."

"..."

"I mean it! I just know it, somewhere deep in my soul."

"Go back to sleep, Samantha."

"Not until they're brought to justice! This has to end! No more weird hot pics!"

"Sleeeeep. You can pester Nathan or Funtimes about it tomorrow."

 

 

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Great fanart, winter. 

Thank you!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I WHOOCed Nathan getting precognition powers. Unfortunately, this isn't the first appearance of Lunchseer, but someone a bit more…unsettling. 

Spoiler

I borrowed his Epic name from Aleister Crowley, though Epic!Nathan isn't based on him. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So I WHOOCed Nathan getting precognition powers. Unfortunately, this isn't the first appearance of Lunchseer, but someone a bit more…unsettling. 

  Hide contents

I borrowed his Epic name from Aleister Crowley, though Epic!Nathan isn't based on him. 

 

 

On the one hand, seeing Lightwards absolutely oblivious to a fresh new demise coming barreling at him with all the subtlety of a derailed train is the most satisfying thing I've read all day.

On the other...

...holy sparks:blink:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

 

On the one hand, seeing Lightwards absolutely oblivious to a fresh new demise coming barreling at him with all the subtlety of a derailed train is the most satisfying thing I've read all day.

On the other...

...holy sparks:blink:

Like a lot of things I've written, I started out with an already dark idea and it got darker as I wrote it. I figured precognition would give Nathan a boost of confidence he doesn't normally have, but when that got combined with the corruption and his fear-turned-resentment of Lightwards, I got...

Well, I got Alastair. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Like a lot of things I've written, I started out with an already dark idea and it got darker as I wrote it. I figured precognition would give Nathan a boost of confidence he doesn't normally have, but when that got combined with the corruption and his fear-turned-resentment of Lightwards, I got...

Well, I got Alastair. 

 

Dare I even ask who else is lying dead just off the jungle paths all around him? :mellow: The resentment and the thrill of being the one with the real power definitely carried through the prose, though. Scarily well.

...

...I guess I really don't have any excuses for not writing up Sunburst and Darkrose now, do I? :ph34r:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

 

Dare I even ask who else is lying dead just off the jungle paths all around him? :mellow: The resentment and the thrill of being the one with the real power definitely carried through the prose, though. Scarily well.

...

...I guess I really don't have any excuses for not writing up Sunburst and Darkrose now, do I? :ph34r:

Well, in a city like Newcago, he probably would've been restrained and pressed into Steelheart's service pretty quickly. Portland is more of a Wild West city, with no Steelheart-type to keep him from going on a true rampage. So let's leave it at….people. Probably about as many people as you think. 

If you want to assume Sam and Revolution survived his Rending, though, there's a couple possibilities to entertain. 

Not if that's what your heart is telling you to do. :ph34r:

(And thanks!) 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Well, in a city like Newcago, he probably would've been restrained and pressed into Steelheart's service pretty quickly. Portland is more of a Wild West city, with no Steelheart-type to keep him from going on a true rampage. So let's leave it at….people. Probably about as many people as you think. 

If you want to assume Sam and Revolution survived his Rending, though, there's a couple possibilities to entertain. 

Not if that's what your heart is telling you to do. :ph34r:

(And thanks!) 

 

If in Epic!mode, I almost think Darkrose wouldn't mind Na--Alastair as much as she'd be irked by the average Epic. He, like her, is under no illusions about what visceral terror the Epics wreak among normal folk, and doesn't seem the type to wax philosophical about being a boon to humanity.

...you know, except invariably she'd start calling him "Solitaire" because of his new card hobby and get shot in the face. Then she'd try and probably fail to catch him with her roses, and an overall frustrating time would be had by all.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kobold King said:

 

If in Epic!mode, I almost think Darkrose wouldn't mind Na--Alastair as much as she'd be irked by the average Epic. He, like her, is under no illusions about what visceral terror the Epics wreak among normal folk, and doesn't seem the type to wax philosophical about being a boon to humanity.

...you know, except invariably she'd start calling him "Solitaire" because of his new card hobby and get shot in the face. Then she'd try and probably fail to catch him with her roses, and an overall frustrating time would be had by all.

A true Epic romance. :ph34r: 

Puns aside, I can also see them as a sort of dark Dynamic Duo. He wants Epics like Lightwards to feel as powerless as he was; she wants to make sure there are no more liars. Maybe not complimentary goals, but they're not incompatible. I can see them each quietly supporting the other as they do their own thing, sometimes teaming up when necessary—he with his guns and quiet predictions; she with her thorns and passion for her idea of a more honest world...

:mellow:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this sounds absolutely terrifying but also strangely badchull. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

A true Epic romance. :ph34r: 

Puns aside, I can also see them as a sort of dark Dynamic Duo. He wants Epics like Lightwards to feel as powerless as he was; she wants to make sure there are no more liars. Maybe not complimentary goals, but they're not incompatible. I can see them each quietly supporting the other as they do their own thing, sometimes teaming up when necessary—he with his guns and quiet predictions; she with her thorns and passion for her idea of a more honest world...

:mellow:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this sounds absolutely terrifying but also strangely badchull. 

 

You are not the only one. :mellow:

Also... I feel like either Alastair or Darkrose, and certainly both of them together, would be significantly more hazardous to Funtimes than Lucentia and the other Epics she's largely made jokes out of.

 

2 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Kobold, did Winter just crush on your character?

Lucky.

 

My most popular villain right now appears to be one who is both non-canon and has no prose about her. :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.1.2019 at 1:35 PM, winter devotion said:

All this coding stuff reminded me of that syntax orientated power categorization system we were talking about a few months ago. 

Edit: I’m transplanting Red into this superhero story I’ve been working on, and I need to give her a last name. @Edgedancer, mind if I go with Jaeger? 

Also, @Voidus, can you send me like, a BUNCH, of minor(ish) Epics with single powers that you wouldn’t mind if I used? 

Sure, knock yourself out. Not like a name alone could make her anymore creepy... right?

Good job with that fan art for Darkrose also.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.