18 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

<insert witty made up reason here>

Have you guys read the 'new' (I'm constantly reading things a month or two after they come out) Sanderson books - Legion and Skyward?

Haven't read Skyward yet, but I read the entire Legion collection as soon as it hit the shelf at my local library.

EDIT: "Flame on!"

Which is ironic, considering Feuer is German for fire and brisingr means the sane thing in Ancient Alagaesian.

Edited by FeuerBrisingr

5 minutes ago, FeuerBrisingr said:

Haven't read Skyward yet, but I read the entire Legion collection as soon as it hit the shelf at my local library.

EDIT: "Flame on!"

Which is ironic, considering Feuer is German for fire and brisingr means the sane thing in Ancient Alagaesian.

Ooh! Have you read the new Novella?

5 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Nah. I’m just weird this way.

Anyway, I didn’t like Legion that much. Skyward was better, but not as good as I’d expected.

I loved 'em both.  Skyward had a nice ending twist, though it threw me off a bit.

For Legion, I wish they could do a '5 years later' thing at the end to see how things worked out and if everyone was happy.

Also, you are infinite batmans. :D

2 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

I loved 'em both.  Skyward had a nice ending twist, though it threw me off a bit.

For Legion, I wish they could do a '5 years later' thing at the end to see how things worked out and if everyone was happy.

Also, you are infinite batmans. :D

Huh?

I am quite surprised by my inability to read. I thought I had read the WHiE RP, but apparently not! I missed that:

1. Apparently Nighthound is still alive (kinda). NOOOOO

2. Nathan is back (yay)

3. I've spent an hour reading, and I'm only on page 38 of the Question.

Anyway, here's my idea for a vanilla/maple:

Spoiler

Codename: Indy (short for indeterminate)

Backstory: Formerly part of a Reckoner team that was stationed near Houston. She was out negotiating for supplies when <Obliteration sound effect>. She eventually decided to migrate north towards Edmonton, where she grew up, and is trying to get in contact with any other Reckoners, which has been difficult due to the fact that she only has a Babilarian radio (aka, one without batteries) and isn't the most tech-savvy. At the moment, she's riding with a bunch of guys in a truck who are heading towards Faust, by Slave Lake. Currently age 26.

Personality: Just plain worried. She's always the one trying to make contingency plans, pointing out potential dangers, and she doesn't like taking risks. Constantly has a headache.

I kinda want to make her into an Epic later with speed powers, but I don't think that will really work.

Edited by breakingamber

30 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Uh, sorry, what? I didn't see that, and I'm scared.

Maybe that was TvTropes? Either way, plans to ressurect Nighthound do not make me feel good.

breakingamber vomits sunshine and happiness to hopefully cancel the ressurection ritual/technology/thing

EDIT: Also, a couple other questions. First: When exactly is the RP taking place? My understanding is that it takes place after Steelheart but before Mitosis.

Second: What are exactly are the Reckoners' plans in Edmonton? Besides Taylor Swift, of course. Would it be fair to guess that they would leave after Swift was killed?

Finally: 

Spoiler

Would Taylor's weakness be activated if one claimed to have Taylor Swift trivia but was lying? IE: if they said, "Taylor Swift is in a bunker in Graceland!"

Edited by breakingamber
Wanted to ask a couple questions.

32 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Uh, sorry, what? I didn't see that, and I'm scared.

31 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

Maybe that was TvTropes? Either way, plans to ressurect Nighthound do not make me feel good.

breakingamber vomits sunshine and happiness to hopefully cancel the ressurection ritual/technology/thing

Yeah, that was on TV Tropes. And cheer up—I'm working on more Hindsight, which….

….will probably not help matters. :mellow: 

Maybe I should try and come up with more Newcago Office ideas instead…..