Hi

Orion

Hi I've been reading Brandon's books for about two years now. I've read the storm light archive, mistborn, the reckoners, elantris, warbreaker, and the cosmere collection in that order. I've been on the forums once in a while but figured maybe I'll just introduce myself and comment a bit. Originally I came here intending to post a theoretical list of what each order of radiants had for powers (i figured by the third book that since each order supposed to share a power with another and judging by the orders shown so far it would align with the list of abilities at the end of each book). But it turned out brandon had already gave out that information. So anyways yeah hi. 

Hello and welcome to the shard!

Who is your favourite character?

12 hours ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Is warbreaker really good? It's one of the ones i'll read this year, if so, what do you like about it?

I liked it a lot! I loved the investiture they used and the possibilities it offered. One of my favourite characters is a part of this book and (sadly) it's a standalone. The rest I like would lead to spoilers.

Edited by Sorana

On 1/1/2019 at 2:50 AM, Sorana said:

Hello and welcome to the shard!

Who is your favourite character?

I liked it a lot! I loved the investiture they used and the possibilities it offered. One of my favourite characters is a part of this book and (sadly) it's a standalone. The rest I like would lead to spoilers.

Can I choose Hoid? Though I prefer to call him Wit. I think it suits him better. If not I'm torn between Jasnah and Kalladin and Kelsier. I like Kalladin because....well you have to like Kaladin. He's awesome. Kelsier I like because hes hilarious. And he's a lot like Kaladin. And Jasnah I like because she's the most similar to me with her attitude of "I don't give a f-k what you think". But really it's Hoid. He was favorite as soon as I first saw him in the Stormlight archive, long before I noticed he was appearing in other books/worlds. 

On 12/31/2018 at 1:52 PM, Xavier Iriarte said:

Hello! Im also new, joined yesterday.

Is warbreaker really good? It's one of the ones i'll read this year, if so, what do you like about it? (Without spoilers please)

Everything Brandon writes is good. My theory is he has that crystal ball that guy in the lighthouse in the Cognitive realm in Oatbrreaker has and he just looks through that into other dimensions to get good material. But anyways Warbreaker was pretty good. It's no mistborn or Stormlight archive but the characters are pretty interesting, Breath is interesting since in other worlds we've seen you get power from a external source and not everybody had it. In Warbreaker everyone has a single Breath abd no more. And it's only useful in massive quantities. I really loved the God of bravery character (I forget his name but hes one of the main characters) and the sword night blood. And if you haven't read Oathbreaker yet you HAVE to read Warbreaker first. Seriously read Warbreaker first. 

@Orion, you can definitely choose Hoid, in fact I believe that he is a common favorite. Small forum policy note: if you want to add something, edit your previous post, don't double post. To quote multiple people just use the multiquote button (the plus next to the quote button).

To continue the conversation: The god of bravery is Lightsong, the Brave. Also, fun fact which you may or may not know, Warbreaker was actually originally intended to be a SA prequel.