75 posts in this topic

Tena appeared on the deck of her house and walked inside, then up the stairs to her and Anthony's room. Being around all those people had been draining. She undressed, then put on some pajama pants and a t-shirt, crawling into bed and flopping down. She'd eaten too much, and it was making her feel really tired, even though it was only about seven PM. She closed her eyes and yawned, then tried to fall asleep. 

“Tena, this looks important,” a familiar voice said from downstairs a few minutes later, and Tena groaned. Why had she given house keys to Lenare? She stood back up and thumped down the stairs, then walked over to Lenare, who was looking at a slip of paper. She held out her hand impatiently, and he put the paper in it. “In your pajamas already? And here I thought you’d be excited to be getting married.” 

“Why’re you back so early?” Tena said to her grandfather. That was the Ghostbloods’ sign on the envelope. Great. She opened it. 

“I wanted to check in on you and make sure you’re alright.” She started reading the letter.

“What a shock.” Wait... oh, okay. She wouldn’t need to fight. She’d be there. She wrote a note to Anthony, and stuck it to the fridge. I have something to do about work that came up. Love, Tena. 

“You going somewhere?” Lenare asked, and Tena nodded. “Mission.” She nodded again. “Well, then, see you around.” Tena took out the right Tia card and tapped it.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Anthony opened the door hesitantly. Tena wasn't there, for some reason, so he walked up the stairs, pulling off his shirt as he went. She wasn't in the room either, so he layed back on the bed and grabbed a book from the nightstand.

@Sherlock Holmes

Tena reappeared on the balcony, the wood making a slight noise. She winced; using Elantrian magic while she was pregnant had never seemed like a brilliant idea to her, and it was uncomfortable besides. She walked into the house, locking the door behind her, and went to the stairs, then walked up them. She breathed out a sigh of relief as she saw Ani in the bed, reading. "Hey," she said to him, and went to her dresser, taking off all her professional clothes and putting on a loose shirt and pants. Then she thumped down next to Ani and smiled at him. "Sorry, I had to go do something for work. You didn't worry too much about me, right?"

@Ark1002

Anthony grinned. "No, not that much. How are you?"

"Just kind of tired. Work gets like that." Tena managed a smile at Ani. Why did the Ghostbloods always have to be so mad at everyone all the time? It got exhausting after a while.

@Ark1002

Anthony wrapped his arms around her. "So. We're married now. Can you believe it?" He looked down at the black ring adorning his finger. "It's just... incredible."

@Sherlock Holmes

Tena didn’t speak for a minute, just looked at Ani’s violet eyes. She let out a long breath and pressed her forehead against his neck, wrapping her arms around him and snuggling closer. He was pleasantly warm. “You’re like a big stuffed animal,” she said quietly. “My big stuffed animal.” She moved her head back and looked at his face. “You have an adorable face.” She breathed for a while longer. 

“Yeah. We’re married.” Inhale. “That’s one of the few things that’s never happened to me before, actually.” Exhale. Inhale. “It’s a touch overwhelming,” she laughed nervously, “but you’re amazing, so I’m sure that everything’ll be fine.”

@Ark1002

He grinned roguishly. Inside, a warm feeling spread from his chest, all the way into his toes and his head. Amazing. I would willingly be her stuffed animal for that. "Ah yes, tell me more of how amazing I am."

Tena smiled since he was smiling, then stuck her tongue out at him. “Well, you are very much a stuffed animal, and if I’d have to pick an animal in particular, I’d go with polar bear for obvious reasons.” She paused for a moment as she sorted through the many stacks of things she immediately thought of, then decided on the most important ones as she continued. “You make really good food, for one thing. Next, you’re always the right temperature. Third, you have a very kissable face. Fourth, you know what I like and don’t use it against me. Fifth, you’re gentle and sweet...” She trailed off. “Is that enough?”

@Ark1002

He laughed gently, kissing her forehead. "And you, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. You are kind, sensitive, sweet. You do more work then you need to, and you try so hard. And you are so rusting genuine, it's amazing." He ran his hand through her short hair. "Never forget that."

"Oh, come on, don't make me cry," Tena said, blinking some water out of her eyes. She smiled at Ani weakly. "You're just too sweet. I can't even." She was silent for a moment, just trying not to cry (this was definitely her pregnancy's fault), then thought of something to say and said it. "Since I'm just really genuine or whatever, let's just say that I genuinely love you a lot." She kissed him.

@Ark1002

Anthony leaned into the kiss, loving the warmth, the feeling. He stayed that way, one hand resting on Tena's bare side, another cupping her face. She was beautiful. He pulled away for a second. "I will never stop loving you." He kissed her again, drinking in the feel of her.

Okay, that's a relief. Tena internally sighed at her own thoughts. Hadn't she already decided that she could trust Ani with anything? Well, yes, but I've never been terribly confident in other people, as a rule. I need to break rules more often.

Think about something else. She focused on the moment, and noted that Ani had one of his hands on her side, where her shirt had hiked up enough to expose a lot of skin. His hand wasn't grabbing her or anything, just resting there gently. It felt nice. Really nice. I really wish that I wasn't pregnant. At least it's only another... three months? Yup. Only another three months. His other hand was cupped around her face, she could feel it. Again, gentle, not demanding. 

That was the big difference between him and other men she'd known. They'd all been like her: wild, aggressive, intimidating. But Ani was just kind, and calm, and gentle. To her, at least.

"Sisters above, I love you," Tena mumbled through an addled mind and his mouth. He also gave the best kisses, had she told him that? No? Well, she'd have to say that in a minute... or something.

@Ark1002

Beauty was in the eye of the beholder, right? Well, if anyone ever told Tena she wasn't beautiful, he would rip out their eyes. She was... amazing. Perfect. The kindest person he had ever met. "Sisters above, I love you." At least, that's what he thought she had said. It was muffled, and strange sounding. He waited a minute, a peaceful minute, pure, happy, golden bliss, surrounded by warm blankets, just kissing her, existing with her. She was a treasure worth a thousand worlds, a work of art that surpassed any on Scadrial, the accumulation of all that was good. The closest thing she had to a flaw was her overprotectiveness, and that small flaw made her all the more beautiful, showing that she truly loved him. And how lucky was he for that? Slowly, he broke the kiss, but not the contact with her. He grinned, eyes aglow. She was so amazing, laying there, like some angel sent from the afterlife. His troubles washed away when he was with her, into some other place, some other time. Some other person. She was a reason to keep living, breathing, working. "You are so storming perfect that you'd be the centerpiece of any collection. You stand out in a crowd, your beauty and grace. Remember that Tena. Don't forget it." He breathed in, and breathed out, slowly. He wrapped his arms around her, and let himself drift off.

Tena was now breathing a little hard, since that kiss had lasted so long. Also those compliments. Ani had a really elevated opinion of her, but if he'd had a bad opinion of her she probably wouldn't have married him. 

Which reminds me, this is the first time I'm "sleeping with" my husband. Feels pretty much the same, though I can feel his ring on my back. Not a big deal, though, it's actually nice. A constant reminder that I love him, even when I'm angry with him. Nice. She fell asleep a moment after.

Anthony awoke in her arms, warm. Not unusual. But he did feel something was different. Then he noticed. A constriction on his finger. His eyes flew open, revealing a bright room. He was married. He looked at her, sleeping, peaceful, and slowly extracted himself from her arms. He gently stepped out of bed, throwing on a baggy t-shirt and some sweat pants. They had been hard to find, most places didn't sell for his size. He slowly opened the door, walking down the stairs, careful not to wake her.

~~~

Anthony stood, flipping pancakes and eggs in the numerous pans. He grinned, looking down at the "Kiss the Cook" apron he wore. Tena would be up soon, and he had a large breakfast prepared. He thought they might watch a movie. He'd bring up Max and Althea, see what Tena thought about inviting them over some time.

Tena woke up, and it was already pretty clear that Ani was making breakfast by the fact that he wasn’t with her and since she could smell something cooking downstairs. He’s such a dear... She got out of bed and stretched for a minute, then trotted down the stairs and over to Ani. He was, of course, wearing his apron, and she always felt a mite obliged to do what it said, so she pulled him down to a more decent height by his shoulders and kissed him for a moment, then let go. “Making food, huh?”

@Ark1002

12 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Tena woke up, and it was already pretty clear that Ani was making breakfast by the fact that he wasn’t with her and since she could smell something cooking downstairs. He’s such a dear... She got out of bed and stretched for a minute, then trotted down the stairs and over to Ani. He was, of course, wearing his apron, and she always felt a mite obliged to do what it said, so she pulled him down to a more decent height by his shoulders and kissed him for a moment, then let go. “Making food, huh?”

@Ark1002

Anthony grinned as she kised him, then let go. "Yep. Hope you're hungry."

"I really am. Okay, what d'you have?" Tena felt faintly disgusted with herself for eating so much, but she was hungry, so she worked through it.

@Ark1002

"Eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast. Oh, and more bacon."

With a grin he pulls a pan off the stove, grabbed a cloth, and threw it on the table, along with a second. "Bacon's ready." He grabbed one with a smile, sticking it in his mouth. "Pwadquaks bwell re gedde oon." He swallowed. "Pancakes will be ready soon." He grabbed an egg pan and put that on the table. "Eggs are ready as well." Smiling, he went back to working.

This is why I love him so much, Tena thought. And the fact that he's adorable. She sat down, frowned, and got up to grab a fork, then sat back down and began eating. Having someone to make food for me is certainly a large part of it. She looked over at him and smiled. He was so tall his head got close to brushing the ceiling, but he still stood like he was relaxed, not intimidated by Tena at all. It was lovely, as ever.

He grinned, finishing up the last food, then lounged out on the couch, eating. "So, what do you think of having Max and Althea over sometime?"

“I’m not opposed,” Tena said as she ate another piece of bacon.

*fade into blackness as dramatic music plays*

*namely that of 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen*

The next Tena/Ani scene is three months later, and is in the CDS thread.