Ark1002

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shaking her head she turned around and pulled him close.
"No, you don't have to. I'm sorry. It's not important."
Althea closed her eyes again and then tightened her embrace. Pain, it always came back to pain for them. And yet, without their pain, they wouldn't be here either.
"Forget about it, please."
she asked him and then after a short pause, discarded all other serious topics. They had time for that later.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?"

Max just sat there, thinking. She'd asked him to forget about it, so Max tried his best, focusing on the moment, the embrace, Althea. "Sorry," he said, trying to smile. "I probably shouldn't have been a downer like that." He sat up more, rubbed his eyes. "I'll probably have cereal," he said, getting up to make it.

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max just sat there, thinking. She'd asked him to forget about it, so Max tried his best, focusing on the moment, the embrace, Althea. "Sorry," he said, trying to smile. "I probably shouldn't have been a downer like that." He sat up more, rubbed his eyes. "I'll probably have cereal," he said, getting up to make it.

Max got up and for a moment she stayed where she was, then with a sigh she left the bed as well.

She lifted the dress from the floor and hung it up, the she straightened the blanket and opened a window to let some fresh air into the room.

Following Max she fetched a bowl for herself, relieved that he wanted to eat cereal. There wouldn't have been anything else, apart from an apple or two.

"You can have the stool."

She offered and grabbed an apple for herself. For a moment she hesitated, then focused to cut the apple. She'd already manage to ruin the mood, there was no reason to keep back now.

"I'd like to look for Solace."

She told him without looking up.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"I'd like to look for Solace."

She told him without looking up.

Max walked over to a fridge and got out a carton of milk. He got out a box of cereal from a shelf and a bowl and began making breakfast.

"That makes sense," he said, looking over to her, but she was focused on cutting the apples so he went back to his cereal. "Last time I saw him, he was getting decapitated by some guy. He could be in danger."

He finished, putting back everything where he found it, or at least, where he thought he'd found it, and carrying the bowl to the table. "Plus, it could be dangerous, and I want to be there. When're you planning to go?"

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He finished, putting back everything where he found it, or at least, where he thought he'd found it, and carrying the bowl to the table. "Plus, it could be dangerous, and I want to be there. When're you planning to go?"

Althea followed him over and watched him for a moment, smiling again, when she saw him there.

"I need to buy another stool."

She decided and leaned against a wall close to him. Then she thought about his question.

"After breakfast?

She suggested.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Althea followed him over and watched him for a moment, smiling again, when she saw him there.

"I need to buy another stool."

She decided and leaned against a wall close to him. Then she thought about his question.

"After breakfast?

She suggested.

Max nodded, finishing his cereal, then getting to put the bowl in the sink. “Sounds good,” He said.

34 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max nodded, finishing his cereal, then getting to put the bowl in the sink. “Sounds good,” He said.

Althea followed him slowly, washed her bowl and then his, with an apologetic smile in his direction.
"I'm kind of a freak when it comes to tidying up."
she explained, dried the bowls and put them away.

Leaving the kitchen she walked to a small shelf and looked through a box there, finding what she looked for after a few seconds. Then she wrote something down on a piece of paper and packed a bag. Some spheres, and other things she believed she should have with her, if they were neccessary or not.

Walking back to Max she handed him a key and then the sheet of paper.
"Your key. And the adress."
She brushed her fingers softly over his arm, unsure what to make of the situation. If she was honest with herself, she had no idea what to do, to make him feel better.
"I'm sorry, I messed this up. I - it won't happen again."
Switching the topic she offered her hand.
"Ready to go?"

Edited by Sorana

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

“I'm sorry, I messed this up. I - it won't happen again."
Switching the topic she offered her hand.
"Ready to go?"

Max accepted the key and the address, and looked to Althea. “Don’t be sorry,” he said earnestly, putting a hand on her shoulder. “You didn’t mess anything up. And these questions exist to be asked. And you made the right choice asking it.”

As she switched topics he did too. He didn’t have his armour on him currently, but it would be fun to do something without it. “Yeah, ready.” He said.

Edited by I think I am here.

27 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

As she switched topics he did too. He didn’t have his armour on him currently, but it would be fun to do something without it. “Yeah, ready.” He said.

Althea smiled at his words, relieved. She breathed in and took him with her to Shadesmar. The link was still there, not surprising, as they had continued to use it. And soft glowing band between her and Max and then another two, connecting them and Solace. Still smiling Althea led the way until they reached their destination.

We'll continue this in the Waystop thread.

Edited by Sorana

Mejin looked around. She stupidly had used her tia card before checking where it went. Bad protocol there that could easily lead to trouble. This time however it seemed to have worked out okay. She was home. Or well, at her childhood home. It had been years since she'd visited. The last time had ended with her in tears. Almost seventeen years at this point. But the place wasn't dusty. Someone had been living there.

"Tino?" she called.

A young woman in her twenties walked into the room. She stopped short when she noticed Mejin, but didn't hesitate as she pulled out a dagger. "I don't care who you storming think you are, but know that-"

"Calm down, Juon," a man said, cutting her off as he came in. He was also in his twenties and looked familiar.

Mejin let out a small gasp.

"Hey, sis," Tino said. "It's been a few years. Good of you to stop by. Juon, meet my sister Mejin. Mejin, meet my friend Juon."

"I'm not so sure about your choice of friends," Mejin said, eyeing the dagger warily. "She's seems a little trigger-happy."

Tino shrugged and Mejin noticed Juon carefully resheath the blade. "Always the critic. I'm glad to see you haven't changed."

"Always the perceptive," she said. "Glad to see you haven't lost that either."

They fell silent. 

"Why haven't you visited?" Tino said finally.

"You know why," she said.

"It wasn't your fault."

"Doesn't mean it doesn't feel that way."

Tino sighed. "Fine. But that's no excuse to neglect me."

Neglect? She'd been trying to shelter him. Protect him. Apparently that had failed. 

Her own words floated back to her from all those years ago. From after Devaan had insulted her so bad. When she changed herself entirely and stopped being sheltered. Yet here she had been forcing that seem blindness onto her own brother. What had she been thinking.

"Oh, rusts," she said. Tears started to break through. Mejin sat down on a couch. "I've been the blind one."

"What do you mean?"

"It's about time I let you in to my life."

Sure.

Ambrosia and Silas appeared on a granite platform with multiple pillars, each engraved with Aon Tias leading to different locations in the Alleyverse. The lush, overgrown mountains parted, revealing a vine-covered wrought-iron gate with three French Chateau-style homes behind it. The houses were all set slightly into the mountains, hinting at larger rooms behind that which could be seen. "So, what do you think of the family estate?" Silas asked Ambrosia.

@Ark1002

Edited by JacobClaessen

#TENT

@AxeliustheGreat

Ambrosia's jaw dropped. "Holy... storming... rusts..." She turned to Silas. "How the storming hell did you get this?" It was beautiful. She loved it. "It's so... perfect." She kissed him on the cheek, a wide smile spreading across her face. "Your family is storming rich."

@JacobClaessen

Ambrosia let him guide her, her leg still damaged. "Did you love your family? Because mine didn't love me." A single tear began to leak out of her eye. She quickly wiped it away. "But lets not dwell on dark matters." She grinned, looking at him. "We're getting married!" Her voice came out almost a girlish squeal.

@JacobClaessen

18 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Wait, is this Tino the little brother Pewterarm? Because if so that’s great.

Mejin only has one brother and I never did decide what his investiture would be if he had any. Pewter would be funny for him though considering the type of guy he is...

Edited by Silva

On 1/24/2019 at 3:30 PM, JacobClaessen said:

"I did love my family, but not as much as I love you," Silas answered, kissing Ambrosia and lifting her up, spinning. "Speaking of the wedding, where do you want to get married?"

@#Voidapple

"I think... I think... Newcago Court would be nice." She grinned, loving the feel of him. She was getting married, she was getting married, she was getting married... on and on in that loop her thoughts went.

37 minutes ago, Silva said:

Mejin only has one brother and I never did decide what his investiture would be if he had any. Pewter would be funny for him though considering the type of guy he is...

I was just basing it on this in the CDS thread.

On 08/07/2018 at 8:50 PM, Silva said:

“Whoa.” Tino was still easy to impress - he was six. He had also Snapped before he was born. Tino had never known not being a Thug.