Ark1002

32 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I think so. Any leads we have could go stale if we delay.”

"Agreed. I'm going to need to pick up some wakefulness stores while we're out. Then I'll be more alert and helpful"

We shouldn't be pushing this body like this. It's not used to prolonged sleep deprivation.

We'll be fine with Feruchemy.

We'll collapse when our stores run out

They won't run out.

Where the hell are we getting those stores from then

"Lets stop by the canton armoury" Devaan told the two of them, standing up and putting his jacket back on.

If you guys agree, we'll continue this in the canton thread.

52 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Oh, I was going to do that anyway, Max joked and made his way to the kitchen as well.

But I’m glad you read my mind.

Althea laughed and turned around, observed him walk over to her. He was breathtaking, the way he moved, how he looked at her with his dark eyes. There was this self-confidence underlying his movements, a strength she had come to rely on. She wrapped an arm around him, pulled him close, lifted her other hand to his face, his hair.

"I love you."

She told him and then heard Devaan stand up.

"Agreed. I'm going to need to pick up some wakefulness stores while we're out. Then I'll be more alert and helpful."

"Sounds good! We're coming."

She replied a bit louder and lifted her lips to Max, kissed him softly.

Canton thread - that will be interesting. Not how I had planed it, but sure let's do this.

27 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Althea laughed and turned around, observed him walk over to her. He was breathtaking, the way he moved, how he looked at her with his dark eyes. There was this self-confidence underlying his movements, a strength she had come to rely on. She wrapped an arm around him, pulled him close, lifted her other hand to his face, his hair.

"I love you."

She told him and then heard Devaan stand up.

"Agreed. I'm going to need to pick up some wakefulness stores while we're out. Then I'll be more alert and helpful."

"Sounds good! We're coming."

She replied a bit louder and lifted her lips to Max, kissed him softly.

Max was about to reply as well but Althea kissed him and Max could do nothing but hold her and lean into it. Oh, how in this world of spikes and alleys, how he was so grateful for her, her presence in his life. He tightened his grip slightly and then loosened, slowly pulling out of the kiss, his arms still around her. They’d have to do this again, maybe when time wasn’t pressing them.

“I love you too,” he said, adoring her, still holding her, and then called out to Devaan. “We’ll be right there!”

He looked back to Althea and stepped back a little. “Has anyone told you you look Dzhamarian?” He asked.

20 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He looked back to Althea and stepped back a little. “Has anyone told you you look Dzhamarian?” He asked.

"No. You are one of the few who talks to me about how I look. Most just skip that part."

She replied, her hands holding on to his, unwilling to let go of him, still feeling his lips on hers. Devaan was waiting, but right now she'd given a lot for a possibility to have a few more minutes for themselves.

"Promise me you'll try to survive. I need you. I can't loose you again."

Her grip on his hands turned almost painful. She knew that he had no influence on what would happen, no more than she had anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"Promise me you'll try to survive. I need you. I can't loose you again."

Her grip on his hands turned almost painful. She knew that he had no influence on what would happen, no more than she had anyway.

Max looked at her hands gripping his, and then looked to her, to her eyes. “I promise.” He smiled. “How hard can this Vesuvius guy be anyway? The fact he targeted children probably says more about his fighting skill than his motives.” He kissed her again.

“But that goes for you too. Please try not to die,” he joked, but there was still a little bit of seriousness at the core of it. The Alleyverse was a dangerous place.

Just now, I think I am here. said:

Max looked at her hands gripping his, and then looked to her, to her eyes. “I promise.” He smiled. “How hard can this Vesuvius guy be anyway? The fact he targeted children probably says more about his fighting skill than his motives.” He kissed her again.

“But that goes for you too. Please try not to die,” he joked, but there was still a little bit of seriousness at the core of it. The Alleyverse was a dangerous place.

"I promise. Of course I do."

She remembered too well how it felt to loose him, alone, desperate. If she could she would never have him experience the same. Even if it meant - she swallowed, looked to the ground.

"We need to go."

She told him, but didn't move yet, stole another moment with him.

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I promise. Of course I do."

She remembered too well how it felt to loose him, alone, desperate. If she could she would never have him experience the same. Even if it meant - she swallowed, looked to the ground.

"We need to go."

She told him, but didn't move yet, stole another moment with him.

“We do,” Max said, slowly bringing a hand to caress her cheek, gently lifting her head up. He looked her in the eyes.

“We don’t have to do this, you know,” he said softly, “We can stay home, spend time.” He looked into her eyes again, those beautiful eyes. “But, no, we do. This is our responsibility.” He moved his thumb over her cheek. “Now, let’s not keep Devaan waiting, hm?”

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“We do,” Max said, slowly bringing a hand to caress her cheek, gently lifting her head up. He looked her in the eyes.

“We don’t have to do this, you know,” he said softly, “We can stay home, spend time.” He looked into her eyes again, those beautiful eyes. “But, no, we do. This is our responsibility.” He moved his thumb over her cheek. “Now, let’s not keep Devaan waiting, hm?”

Althea smiled, nodded. She felt so safe in his arms, so loved and protected. His thumb moved over her cheek and she nodded again, wished she could close her eyes, shut out the world and simply be with him, stay in his embrace with nothing to worry about. But it wasn't them, they were who they were, and none of them would let the world fall to pieces without trying to do something. It was one of the things she loved about Max.

"I know. We're impolite."

She kissed him again and then stepped back.

Just now, I think I am here. said:

“Only a little,” Max said and stepped back as well. He straightened what he wearing and ran his fingers through his hair. He smiled at her and walked out of the kitchen, following Devaan.

Althea followed them, grabbed her bag, gloves and sunscreen. It was dark outside, but she didn't know how long it would take them.

She made sure her spheres were glowing and pulled on a jacket.

"Let's go."

Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove looked up at the small apartment building. 17 Left Right Alley. It was ancient - even from before the Seven Day War. Older than her.

She turned the doorknob and stepped inside.

The carpeting was a faded purple. In its prime it may have looked luxurious, but all Eve saw were the dark stains reminding her of blood.

Of...the Tacets.

Eve shook her head. Now was not the time. Her eyes trailed the numbers of the doors on the first level. One through ten. The one she needed was 54.

The stairs were in disrepair; the first step creaked ominously when she tested it. She climbed up them as cautiously as she could, being as there was no alternative. The next floor resembled the first. Old carpeting. Rusted over numbers.

Same was the next. And the next. And the one after. The next as well.

But not the next.

The carpeting was pulled up, revealing the wooden flooring beneath. The walls were painted a cheerful shade of mint green. And only one door still had a number.

Number 54.

She stopped walking abruptly. The sound of footsteps stopped a second after.

Eve whirled around. “Who are you?”

---

“Who are you?” the girl asked.

Pry looked her over. Pale skin. Messy hair. Rumpled clothing. “I was about to ask the same about you.”

The girl watched her.

“Not planning on sharing that, I suppose. How about, why are you here?” Pry asked.

The girl didn’t move, not intending to say anything until her question was answered.

Pry sighed. “My name is Prism Acute.”

The name seemed to strike something with the girl.

“You’re related to Light?” she asked.

Light? “How do you know my sister?” Pry said, startled.

“We’re related,” the girl said.

“Who are you?” Pry asked again.

“Eve Tacet-Yin-Dove,” she said. “The only living member of the Yin family.

Yin. The name rang a bell. Then she remembered. “Everyone thought you were dead.”

“Light knew I was alive. We just thought it would be a better idea not to raise too much attention to the fact. She told me I could crash here if I needed a place,” Eve said.

Light’s mysterious friend who she’d refused to name. The spanreed without a name on it. Everything made sense now.

“Well, this definitely was unexpected,” she said. “Let’s get you washed up.”

---

Freedom stared at her reflection. Herself. Age thirteen. Completely healthy.

She stored away some age and watched it change. A fresh brand appeared on her forehead. Pain blossomed in other places as well.

Some more time flew by in her reflection and it healed away to a scar. A noticeable one, but simply a scar nonetheless.

She stopped storing, reverting back to thirteen. Her forehead was clear. Not a sign of what had been there a second before.

Someone knocked on the door of her room. Freedom quickly shoved the weaponry and other assorted items she’d been practicing with like Lusk had told her to under her bed.

“Free?” Juon said through the door. “Pry’s home. Eve too.”

“Eve?” she asked.

“Light’s friend.”

Oh. She opened the door. Juon had moved on to wash some dishes, singing some some she’d never heard before. Pry was talking animatedly with Tino about some guild representative who had (unintentionally) created a contradiction in his proposition for a code of laws. The sound of the shower running was in the background.

Freedom smiled. A crazy combination of all sorts of people. This...this is what home felt like.