Ark1002

So, I've noticed a lack of scenes with two people in a house. There is a few, but they end up being awkward with no thread to put them. So this thread is for if you want to have an RP in a public place that others aren't part of. So here it is. House scenes.

Edited by Arky-boi

You read my mind, Ark. Wow.

Nine hours after the events in the DIDGERIDOO thread:

Tena woke up, warm. That was weird. It felt like arms were wrapped around her. 

Wait, why is there another person in my bed?

She opened her eyes and saw Hellbent lying with her, his face serene and asleep. Why is Hellbent in my bed? she thought with serious alarm, trying for a moment to struggle out of his grip, weakly. Then, she remembered yesterday and relaxed. Not Hellbent. Ani. My love.

Then something unusual happened. She didn’t feel an irrational, overwhelming need to get out of bed and do something. She just wanted to stay with Ani, with his arms wrapped around her, keeping her safe and warm. With the man who had taken care of her last night, who had heard of her early life and not left, but instead told her that he was sorry and that he wanted to avenge her. She just wanted to stay here, with him. She was fine with ignoring the world for once, if it meant that she could take a while to just be. 

She pressed her lips lightly against his for a few moments, calm and in love. That was how she wanted to spend all her time now, strangely.

But, unfortunately, she couldn’t. That urge to do something won over, and she carefully extricated herself from Ani’s arms, not wanting to wake him. She got out of bed and sorted through her thoughts, making a list of what she needed to do. She tested her Allomantic abilities, discovering that she was now a chromium Misting (which annoyed her), then teleported away. 

Tena came back to the house after forty-five minutes, carrying a bag in her arms. She set it down on the coffee table, then saw that a gift was there. A box with the name Tena on it. She opened the box, knowing it was from Lenare, that sneaky bastard, and found a really nice ukulele within. 

Inside of thirty minutes she was playing and singing along, flipping through the book of chord charts that had also been in the box. She was singing Deck the Halls when Ani woke up.

@Ark1002

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Yep, have fun posting here :P

I meant to do this yesterday.

Ani walked into the room, smiling. "Morning Tena." He had woken up confused, but it had came back pretty quickly. He was in love, and the luckiest man in the world that she loved him too. He sat beside her, and began to sing. She sang well, but he sang just as well. maybe better. He smiled, kissing her cheek. He put his arm around her shoulders. "How'd you learn to sing like that?" he grinned. He was more lucky then any.

@AxeliustheGreat

Edited by Ark1002

Sorry, the ole Rochester WiFi started acting up again.

Tena didn’t pay attention to what he said for a moment, instead switching flawlessly into ‘Let It Be’ by the Beetles. “Let it be, let it be... let it be, oh let it be... there will be an answer, let it be.” She stopped strumming on the uke, and chucked hard with the heel of her hand on a C chord. Ani startled a little, and Tena smiled at him. “I didn’t learn to sing anywhere, I can just kind of do that.” She waved her hand absently. “I learn instruments pretty fast, too. I only just picked this one up and I can almost strum through ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, which is, by the way, really hard because it has like a billion chords and changes constantly. I’m good at guitar, far better at violin. I could probably play viola decently.” She set the uke down in its case and closed the case, then leaned against Ani’s shoulder with her eyes closed for a few moments, breathing and feeling... just... happy? That would probably describe it pretty well.

”I should probably make you something for breakfast,” Tena said, trying to rally herself to stand (that was something she’d never had to do before). Then, something came to her and she grinned, meeting Ani’s eyes with a wild expression. “No, you’re going to make breakfast for me. Hear that?” She sat back and continued, “Might be a little effeminate for a guy your size, but that would be a sight to see. Go on.”

@Ark1002

Wow, just beautiful. That's actually great for a seven+ foot tall guy 

Ani smiled, then got up. He decided to make a batch of pancakes. He grabbed some wheat, some chocolate, some bananas, some milk, and a bit of peanut butter. he mixed it, grabbed a pan, put the pan on the stove, and started cooking. He grabbed an apron that was sitting in a dusty cabinet and pulled it on. He grinned, looking at Tena. "Well, kiss the cook. Waddaya think?" He grinned, turning back to the pancakes, and flipped them again. Finally, he finished, and grabbed a few plates. He piled them up with pancakes, then sat down by Tena. He handed her one plate, and kept one for himself. He was going to take full advantage of this. He bit in. It tasted good. He smiled, kissing her cheek. "You're welcome!"

“Hmm,” Tena said speculatively, picking up one of the pancakes and biting into it. It was good, but he’d forgotten the flour, buttermilk, etc. which were kind of primary elements. “Well, honey,” Tena said, “they’re a little chewy, and you forgot to add pretty much every base ingredient... and they’re undercooked. Sorry, but facts are facts.” They were still sweet though, and Ani was too, so she ate them all despite the fact that that much food was a good three times the amount she would ever eat on a normal day.

A powerful wave of Rioting hit her and she growled. “Quit it!” she snapped at the air. “If you want me to do something, come and ask me yourself. Geez.”

Then, with dramatic timing only he could manage, Lenare walked through the doors to the balcony and grinned at her. He knew what had happened at DIDGERIDOO, of course; he knew everything. “Oh, am I disturbing you? Hey, Anthony.” He gave Ani a thumbs-up. 

“Oh, get to the point,” Tena said, annoyed. Her grandfather could act like such a preteen for being over a thousand years old. 

“Well, two people are getting married, and that wave of Rioting you just experienced was the groom calling for people to come. Are you going to?” 

“Sure. Ani, you want to come?”

@Ark1002

If Silas had a house scene it would be like:

Nascenes (one if Silas' friends/estate-mates (like flat-mates, but better, because it's a whole estate instead)): Who ate my oatmeal?

FeLaar (also estate-mate): Me.

Nascenes: *shoots lightning out of fingers* (he's a Willshaper half Singer half Siah Aimian in stormform)s

Silas: *quietly eats remains hidden oatmeal stash*

Edited by JacobClaessen

Time: the morning after wedding.

Althea's flat was small, but it had everything she needed. She had a bathroom, a room for her bed and another one which combined her tiny kitchen with something like a living room. There wasn’t much space to walk, but it was hers and not much work to keep clean. If she was honest, most of her time she had spent somewhere else. At the lab, at Oasis City, or in Shadesmar.

Althea woke sometimes during the morning, not bothering to check for the exact time. Tiredly she turned her head and looked at Max. He was still sleeping, his face relaxed, a soft smile on his lips. Gently she reached over and touched his face, his hair. He was here, he was really here. She could see the ring on his finger, they’d married. Althea suspected, that she would need a few days, until she could believe that it was true. That it had happened. That she had found the one person she wanted to share her life with, and that they had married. Smiling she moved closer, rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes again, relaxing, enjoying the fact that he was here, that she wasn't alone.

@I think I am here.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Smiling she moved closer, rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes again, relaxing, enjoying the fact that he was here, that she wasn't alone.

Max woke up slowly, but he didn’t open his eyes. He felt Althea’s head on his shoulder, and smiled. Gently he tilted his head to hers and took in the moment.

Love was such an odd feeling to describe, because you couldn’t truly describe it. You had to experience it. And now Max knew what all those people meant when they said they couldn’t say how live felt, because it was impossible to convey in words.

But Max, he felt it. And it was the best thing ever.

“How are you?” He said gently to Althea. “Sleep well?”

37 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“How are you?” He said gently to Althea. “Sleep well?”

Althea smiled at the sound of his voice. This easily counted as the best morning in her life so far.

"I did. Better than the last years combined. And you?"

She answered, without moving away from him, instead she turned her head and kissed him lovingly.

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"I did. Better than the last years combined. And you?"

She answered, without moving away from him, instead she turned her head and kissed him lovingly.

Max felt the kiss and smiled, returning it. He felt so good. Like he was on top of the world. With Althea.

“That’s great,” he said. “I slept well too. Certainly better than any sleep before. Maybe marrying my love had something to do with that.” He grinned.

He paused for a second, appreciated the whole moment. “Do you want to talk about anything?” He asked.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

He paused for a second, appreciated the whole moment. “Do you want to talk about anything?” He asked.

For a moment she was silent, wondered when he had become so good at reading her. Nodding she sat up, to be able to look into his eyes, her long hair falling around her shoulders and she brushed it away, out of her face. Smiling she looked at him, her husband in her bed. She was astonished by how much she felt for him, how much he meant to her. She hadn't known that it was even possible for her to feel that strongly for someone.

"I've never invited anybody over before."

Reaching out for him she brushed over his arm, and then left her hand on his shoulder. Enjoyed how easily she could touch him, how close he was.

"Yes, I feel like we should talk about a few things."

She said slowly.

"Honestly, I'm not sure where to start. I don't want us to fail because we never talked about expectations, about our future. It's everything from where to live, over if we want to share a last name to children, a family. What we expect, which path we want to take."

Hastily she added:

"It doesn't have to be now. We can always wait and see what happens."

Edited by Sorana

53 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“It doesn't have to be now. We can always wait and see what happens."

Max listened to Althea, who sat up, and then brushed her hair out of the way and then smiled at him.

She’s beautiful.

He sat up himself, and opened his eyes, stretching just briefly. He listened to what she said, and all of them we’re good points. He hadn’t even considered the last name thing.

She finished by assuring him it didn’t have to be now.

He pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek in thought, rolling it around in thought.

“You’re right,” he said, smiling at her. His wife. He loved her. He was almsot hypnotised for a second again before remembering what he was going to say.

“I think these things are important, like you do. So... let’s disucss them now,” he said. Shuffling closer to her, he asked. “Any particular thing you wanted to talk about first?”

Edited by I think I am here.

20 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I think these things are important, like you do. So... let’s disucss them now,” he said. Shuffling closer to her, he asked. “Any particular thing you wanted to talk about first?”

Max sat up too, strechted briefly and her smile widened as she appreciated the way he moved, as he easily distracted her again.

"... talk about first?"

He looked at her expectantly and Althea stared at him for a moment, then laughed at herself.

"I'm sorry. I'll concentrate."

She thought for moment and then shrugged.

"Where we live?"

She suggested.

"If you want to move in together, that is of course."

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“Where we live?"

She suggested.

"If you want to move in together, that is of course."

“Oh, I mean, of course,” Max said, smiling, then thought back. He didn’t want to appear demanding. “I mean, if you want.”

He thought about the question. Where to live? “We could settle in a bunch of places. Depends on what you like. We could settle in a nice little house a little outside the AlleyCity, if you want. Or we could go far out to the other cities. There’s Coatra, a Sentinel city that’s entirely in Shadesmar, which is awesome.

“Or, we could even go to another planet.” he smiled and leaned back. “I hear the Purelake is quite good at this time of year.”

He looked to her. “What do you think?”

15 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Or, we could even go to another planet.” he smiled and leaned back. “I hear the Purelake is quite good at this time of year.”

Non cannon:

Spoiler

A postcard flutters into the room:

Come visit the seran mountains! Enjoy the fresh lack of air! the freezing temperatures! 

8 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He looked to her. “What do you think?”

"Of course I want to live together with you."

She leaned against him, thinking about his suggestions for a while. She liked them, all of them, to move to Shadesmar or to another planet sounded great and yet, reality finally started to grab her again.

"As long as I am Righthand I need to be close to the Alleycity, or to Oasis."

She replied quietly.

"So maybe a place outside of Alleycity? And until we find something we could stay here. If you don't mind."

21 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“As long as I am Righthand I need to be close to the Alleycity, or to Oasis."

She replied quietly.

"So maybe a place outside of Alleycity? And until we find something we could stay here. If you don't mind."

“No, not at all.”

Max extended an arm around them and onto Althea’s opposite shoulder. Responsibilities. As much as they could want to go places, they would need to make sure not to abandon other things.

Max had responsibilities of his own. Silph, at the Canton. He needed him. “A place outside of AlleyCity sounds great,” He said quietly.

Feeling Althea lean against him, Max found himself leaning over and kissing her on the top of her head affectionately.

“So,” he said. “Now that that’s somewhat done, I heard something about last names?” He knew what the problem was, he just needed it explained to him one more time.

23 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Feeling Althea lean against him, Max found himself leaning over and kissing her on the top of her head affectionately.

Althea's heart jumped at the gesture and she snuggled closer to him, content to be close to him.

“So,” he said. “Now that that’s somewhat done, I heard something about last names?”

She nodded, remembered how Max hadn't used a last name at their wedding.

"I haven't heard you use a last name yet."

She started carefully.

"So I guess you could use mine, or you change nothing - I mean, I'm not opposed to change mine, it's more like - I like the idea to share a last name. I don't care who changes, I can do it."

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

“I haven't heard you use a last name yet."

She started carefully.

"So I guess you could use mine, or you change nothing - I mean, I'm not opposed to change mine, it's more like - I like the idea to share a last name. I don't care who changes, I can do it."

Max paused, looking nowhere in particular. She hadn’t heard him use a last name. There was a good reason for that, unfortunately.

“I...” He stopped. Then continued, quieter. “I don’t have a last name, Althea,” he said.

“I used to, probably. But, with the death of my parents in the War, it’s... gone.” Just another victim of the Seven Day War.

He could still remember it. The horror, the fear, being saved. Of course, somethings never survived. Like his family name.

“If you wanted to change your last name, there’s nothing really to change it to.” He sighed, looking down. His family name. Something that had probably been carried for generations, fought for. Passed on from child to child.

And now that was gone. Unremembered. Forgotten. And all that was left was one option. To take another last name.

“So, if you want us to have the same last name,” he said, saying the words slowly, mainly for himself. “Then that’ll mean I’ll have to change to Tenira.”

It isn’t change, he told himself. You never had a last name to begin with! The thought didn’t make him feel better though.

Storms. Althea closed her eyes for a moment. She had messed this up, ruined it. She shouldn't have adressed it, she should have known. She listened to Max, heard when he stopped speaking to her and mostly to himself.

“So, if you want us to have the same last name. Then that’ll mean I’ll have to change to Tenira.”

Shaking her head she turned around and pulled him close.
"No, you don't have to. I'm sorry. It's not important."
Althea closed her eyes again and then tightened her embrace. Pain, it always came back to pain for them. And yet, without their pain, they wouldn't be here either.
"Forget about it, please."
she asked him and then after a short pause, discarded all other serious topics. They had time for that later.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?"

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana