I'll introduce myself

Xavier Iriarte

Hello, my name is Xavier. I was first introduced to Brandon by a spanish youtuber that i follow who spoke wonders of him, he said that if you wanted to read his books you should start with Mistborn and if you liked it you could move on to Sanderson's masterpiece, the stormlight archive. I did.

I first read all of the available Mistborn books and loved them, then i read the first two stormlight books (i had never read a book longer than 600 pages so in the begining it was tough) after that i took a detour to the arcanun unbounded (i loved the emperor's soul) and finally yesterday i finished reading oathbringer and deemed myself worthy of joining this beautiful place.

I am very grateful to everyone who worked to create this website, you truly make me happy. 

Journey before destination.

As has already been said, don't accept cookies, as they are most likely hemalurgically spiked. Also, have you read Warbreaker, Elantris, or Mistborn Era 2 (all are Cosmere)? Other people (some of whom will try to give you cookies, which you should not accept, or tell you to repeat something about Breath, which you should not do) will come soon to tell you about the RP side of the forum, which I will leave to them. [plug mode] I, however, will direct you towards the Cosmere! The Musical thread (link in my signature, where you can find probably hundreds (I haven't counted, but I think that sounds right) of quality Cosmere-related song parodies to peruse. [/plug mode]

1 hour ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

I've read mistborn era 2, this year i intend to read warbreaker and elantris to be fully cosmere-informed. Are they good? I love Brandon but i have heard some negative things about elantris. I'll be sure to check out the music ;)

I really enjoyed them both. Elantris was Brandon's first published book, and he has gotten better at writing since then, which is the stem of the negativity, but it is still good. Plus, the negativity towards Elantris is far from universal.

13 hours ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

What about you?

Hard question ^_^

If there was Stormlight on earth I would be an Elsecaller. The spren alone would be worth it. And the surges of the Elsecallers are great. As it isn't available here I'll go with Allomancy. Cadmium or brass probably.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 7:26 PM, Personification said:

I really enjoyed them both. Elantris was Brandon's first published book, and he has gotten better at writing since then, which is the stem of the negativity, but it is still good. Plus, the negativity towards Elantris is far from universal.

Hey, it's been a while but today i finished Elantris and i actually loved it.

Admitedly i have many doubts about the Dor and the Derethi version of the Dor but i'll check out the Elantris forum for some answers

Edited by Xavier Iriarte

1 hour ago, Xavier Iriarte said:

Hey, it's been a while but today i finished Elantris and i actually loved it.

Admitedly i have many doubts about the Dor and the Darethi version of the Dor but i'll check out the Elantris forum for some answers

*Strokes bibliophilic cat*

Eeeeexxcccellent.