Sorry, haven't responded, I will.

The monk wasn't sure what was happening. He could see some strange mist in the air, and the man was attacking. He rolled to the side, and the shardblade went through his side. Skin and flesh started to turn gray, but he survived. Howling in pain, he backhanded the man across the face, hard enough to break bone. "YOU WILL DIE."
@MetaTerminal

Fred jumped back as the guy who was fighting the monk summoned a Shardblade and stabbed the other, who Fred was now certain was a Dakhor Monk.

And the monk didn't die.

What had Fred signed up for?

That battle looked pretty even, and Fred had always been a little woozy when in the presence... of things that acted unnaturally.

He looked around for a fight he could help in.

As the clock ticked over eighty, several things happened at once. He cut the monk, who dropped him, which was good, and Alum’s arm broke free from the ice, which was also good. But the monk didn’t die, which was unexpected, and the monk hit him with a stray slap that sent him flying, and Alum felt his nose snap and crunch, which was all things considered fairly bad. Alum hit the ground and rolled across the cobblestones. He tried to suck in some Stormlight through his nose as a reflex, but instead got a throatful of blood, sending him into a coughing fit. 

He recovered at seventy-five, and hauled in air through his lungs, but only a trickle of light fueled him. Alum hadn’t expected combat, so he hadn’t brought spheres. An  oversight. He doubted he would make it again, one way or another.

The light stopped the bleeding and cleared his head, and Alum tried to stand.

@Ark1002

Edited by MetaTerminal

Rick, still on the roof, watched the battle with intrest. His plan was all but complete, all of the pieces were in place. Now came the last step, the most dangerous step. He might not survive this. He laughed to himself

"I'm going to get vaporized either way." 

Rick leaned back and checked his watch. Soon, the outcome would be decided.

20 hours ago, MetaTerminal said:

As the clock ticked over eighty, several things happened at once. He cut the monk, who dropped him, which was good, and Alum’s arm broke free from the ice, which was also good. But the monk didn’t die, which was unexpected, and the monk hit him with a stray slap that sent him flying, and Alum felt his nose snap and crunch, which was all things considered fairly bad. Alum hit the ground and rolled across the cobblestones. He tried to suck in some Stormlight through his nose as a reflex, but instead got a throatful of blood, sending him into a coughing fit. 

He recovered at seventy-five, and hauled in air through his lungs, but only a trickle of light fueled him. Alum hadn’t expected combat, so he hadn’t brought spheres. An  oversight. He doubted he would make it again, one way or another.

The light stopped the bleeding and cleared his head, and Alum tried to stand.

@Ark1002

"I'm going to kill you." He growled. He stumbled forward quickly, the corruption in his side hindering him some. "You're gonna pay." He pulled out a gun, a foot from Alum. It had a large barrel, and was full of bullets, made to explode on impact. It was leveled at his chest. Extremely lethal, but not nearly as dangerous to him. He pulled the trigger.

56 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

"I'm going to kill you." He growled. He stumbled forward quickly, the corruption in his side hindering him some. "You're gonna pay." He pulled out a gun, a foot from Alum. It had a large barrel, and was full of bullets, made to explode on impact. It was leveled at his chest. Extremely lethal, but not nearly as dangerous to him. He pulled the trigger.

This feels a bit cheaty. Why wouldn’t the monk have just shot Alum in the first place?

edit: Meta’s response works, but still

Edited by Snipexe

11 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Alum was on his feet when he saw the barrel rise in his periphery. A shotgun of some kind, with a larger barrel - designed for spread and close-range lethality, but not distance. The monk’s finger was hard against the trigger.

He couldn’t dive out of the way. Last time he had tried that, he’d ended up picking birdshot out of his back for the rest of the year. And he couldn’t move the barrel - it was heavy, and the monk was strong, already braced against the kick that would send most flying backwards. Alum wasn’t going anywhere, and neither was the gun. So.

So he really only had three options, and those were to use his blade to block the shot, except he couldn’t guarantee that a stray bullet would hit a nearby Forger, or cut the tendons in his leg, and the cause-effect of the impact would send him flying backwards. He could transport back into Shadesmar, but he had just left it, and that would mean reverting and losing progress. An antidote would only be here.

So Alum really only had one option, and as the gun climbed the final few inches he took that option, and focused on the air between him and the gun, treating it not as a collection of gas but a segment, like a wall of air, connected together. He held out a hand, almost involuntarily, and just before the monk pulled the trigger a wall of stone formed between him and the gun. One foot thick and as tall as him.

@Ark1002

Edit: Don’t worry about it, Snip. It’s fine with me.

Edited by MetaTerminal

Detran finally finished his quiet chanting in the back of the Dakhor monks, being careful not to attract attention the whole time. Unsheathing his sword, he slunk towards his target: the young Awakener with the thousand breaths. With a single slice, he slit Mahz's throat, who fell to the ground. Feeling the immense power flow through him, he repressed the urge to immediately push it towards his power, instead keeping it in reserve. There wouldn't be much time, but he would have to gain as much Investiture through sacrifice as possible. It would take an immense amount to take control of the creature that could rival Voidus in power-even if the Alleystorm does behave as expected and enhance the power.

18 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Detran finally finished his quiet chanting in the back of the Dakhor monks, being careful not to attract attention the whole time. Unsheathing his sword, he slunk towards his target: the young Awakener with the thousand breaths. With a single slice, he slit Mahz's throat, who fell to the ground. Feeling the immense power flow through him, he repressed the urge to immediately push it towards his power, instead keeping it in reserve. There wouldn't be much time, but he would have to gain as much Investiture through sacrifice as possible. It would take an immense amount to take control of the creature that could rival Voidus in power-even if the Alleystorm does behave as expected and enhance the power.

Wait... did you steal someone's Breath by killing them? It doesn't work like that, I don't think...

Fred gaped as a rusting wall appeared out of nowhere, between the monk and the other person. This person was a Surgebinder?

Fred wanted nothing to do with this whole fight. But, he was a Ghostblood...

Fred backed into a corner, shaking a metal vial out of his pocket and onto the ground. He knelt and sucked up the liquid inside the glass container.

His Pewter refreshed, he searched the battlefield, looking for anyone who wouldn't kill him immediately that might need help.

2 minutes ago, erbiL ohcnaG said:

Fred gaped as a rusting wall appeared out of nowhere, between the monk and the other person. This person was a Surgebinder?

Fred wanted nothing to do with this whole fight. But, he was a Ghostblood...

Fred backed into a corner, shaking a metal vial out of his pocket and onto the ground. He knelt and sucked up the liquid inside the glass container.

His Pewter refreshed, he searched the battlefield, looking for anyone who wouldn't kill him immediately that might need help.

He is a Dakhor, and is trying to get power from the death of a person. Like how the monks have to kill someone to use their power to teleport. Now I'm pretty sure that he can't save it up like that, but we don't know too much about how the power works.

Yeah, I'm taking some liberties. I'm sure he can't save it up for a long time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a period of time where he can get up to the number of sacrifices he needs. 

And i have a wob that says that the amount of Investiture is more important than the actual number of deaths, if you want to see it. 

I understand that. I’ve seen the same wobs. I will have to reread my elantris book to say much more about it though.

EDIT:

Did we decide this was supposed to be resolved by friday? If so can we get posting?

Also, do you want Mack to be involved more? I have a feeling that it would extend the fight to be longer, but what do you guys think?

@Ark1002 @MetaTerminal

Edited by MacThorstenson

I'm fine either way.

Where did the stormlight for that come from?

On 1/13/2019 at 11:07 AM, MetaTerminal said:

Alum was on his feet when he saw the barrel rise in his periphery. A shotgun of some kind, with a larger barrel - designed for spread and close-range lethality, but not distance. The monk’s finger was hard against the trigger.

He couldn’t dive out of the way. Last time he had tried that, he’d ended up picking birdshot out of his back for the rest of the year. And he couldn’t move the barrel - it was heavy, and the monk was strong, already braced against the kick that would send most flying backwards. Alum wasn’t going anywhere, and neither was the gun. So.

So he really only had three options, and those were to use his blade to block the shot, except he couldn’t guarantee that a stray bullet would hit a nearby Forger, or cut the tendons in his leg, and the cause-effect of the impact would send him flying backwards. He could transport back into Shadesmar, but he had just left it, and that would mean reverting and losing progress. An antidote would only be here.

So Alum really only had one option, and as the gun climbed the final few inches he took that option, and focused on the air between him and the gun, treating it not as a collection of gas but a segment, like a wall of air, connected together. He held out a hand, almost involuntarily, and just before the monk pulled the trigger a wall of stone formed between him and the gun. One foot thick and as tall as him.

@Ark1002

The wall shattered, and shrapnel of metal and brick flew towards the Dahkor. Some embedded itself in him, though most bounced off the bone. He growled, shoving down the walls crippled remains. "You. Will. Die." He aimed the gun at Alum's legs, and fired. He wanted to cause Alum pain before he died.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:30 AM, MetaTerminal said:

I realise I was very unclear here, but it should be “he hadn’t brought many spheres” - he has a limited supply, and so he’s trying to conserve. I’m taking some liberties with transporting back and forth between Realms, since I have a sneaking suspicion that takes a lot more Light than he has on him, but this is mainly to prevent him from healing too much or just Soulcasting everything to smoke.

Shrapnel flew past Alum’s face as the wall broke, and he moved away from it with a few staggering steps. A scream from the other side from the Dakhor. Wind began to tug at his sleeve from the approaching storm in the distance. The time of seventy-three told him that he needed to end this quickly. He was running out of time.

Alum grabbed his gun again, and cocked it, ready to fire. He was no expert, but Tuare had been a stationary target at close range. Easy to hit, if you had a little bit of experience. Aim at the target, brace and adjust, squeeze the trigger.

The target slammed through the wall in front of him, and rocks cascaded against the ground. He growled something indistinct, and pointed the large gun towards him. No, further down - at the legs. An odd choice for aiming, since you usually went for centre-of-mass, or the head to end things quickly. The legs were for pain, and immobilisation.

Instinct. The gun was off to the side. Too far. Alum sucked in Stormlight with a deep breath, draining the last of his spheres, and leapt over the monk, hearing the bang of the gun, and fired wildly at the monk while midair.

@Ark1002

Edited by MetaTerminal

Uh, even with stormlight I don't know that's possible. I'll roll with it though.

The Dahkor growled as a bullet hit him in the bone, the bullet bouncing wildly, hitting a member of Team Chartreuse, downing him. He spun, the grimace still painted on his face, and locked eyes on Alum. He aimed carefully as the man fell, shooting the rapid fire function at his stomach, making it quick so he wouldn't have a chance to respond.

@MetaTerminal

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

The Dahkor growled as a bullet hit him in the bone, the bullet bouncing wildly, hitting a member of Team Chartreuse, downing him. He spun, the grimace still painted on his face, and locked eyes on Alum. He aimed carefully as the man fell, shooting the rapid fire function at his stomach, making it quick so he wouldn't have a chance to respond.

From Coppermind: “The Surgebinder gains superhuman strength, speed, endurance, stamina, and healing of both body and soul.” He’s only jumping a few (2.5-3ish) metres.

Alum barely crested the monk, and as he began to fall the shotgun fired again, close to his stomach. Very close. The spray punched though his chest, and the last of his Stormlight went to heal the wounds, spitting out the lead and closing his arteries. They could not do much more. With almost supernatural speed, fueled by the Light, he cocked the gun and aimed.

The tempest inside him stilled, and Alum hit the ground without the agility of a Surgebinder, and staggered, bringing the gun off slightly. The impact against his legs jolted upwards through his wounded stomach and Alum fell to his knees, feeling an acid pain curl up inside of him, a cold knife inside his warm flesh. For a moment, he lost the count.

He brought the barrel back, squarely at the monk’s neck, and pulled the trigger. Sixty-five.

Reminder: Dahkor have enhanced speed and strength, according to coppermind.

The Dahkor growled, sliding to the side as he saw Alum move, the bullet missing him. It turned into a giggle, his sanity cracking. This man should have died. "Come out, come out, little spirit." He sprinted towards Alum, grabbing his leg. He twisted, with enough force to break it, maybe even tear it off.

@MetaTerminal

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

The Dahkor growled, sliding to the side as he saw Alum move, the bullet missing him. It turned into a giggle, his sanity cracking. This man should have died. "Come out, come out, little spirit." He sprinted towards Alum, grabbing his leg. He twisted, with enough force to break it, maybe even tear it off.

@MetaTerminal

Uh... godmod alert? :)

Fred backed away, then turned around. There was still a magical barrier nearby, and it kinda intrigued Fred. He jogged over to it, dodging over conflicts with Pewter enhanced jumps and rolls.

He reached the barrier and stopped, not unsure as to what he should do. He didn't know what kind of barrier it was. Maybe it was like a wall. Maybe it was like an electric fence. maybe, if you touched it, a chasm would open underneath you feat and you would plummet down into the infernal depths of the underworld. 

Maybe you'd be turned into a pineapple.

'Well,' he thought, 'There's only one thing to do,'

Fred stepped back, then, in a burst of Pewter-aided motion, head-butted the forcefield.

@Voidus (Sorry if you're not the person to ping :) )

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Yeah, they do, although Elantris isn’t my strongest point. It took Alum forever to aim anyway and he definitely wouldn’t be able to hit anything if it wasn’t three feet in front of him at this point.

I’m going to think of that as an attempt to grab Alum’s leg and break it, with the outcome still uncertain, if that’s alright.

As the Dakhor sprinted towards him and went to grab his leg, Alum summoned Pyrus again in his left hand and swung it at the monk’s arms. Sixty-four.

@Ark1002

4 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

@MetaTerminal

I second the godmod alert. 

Edited by Grey Knight

Just a note as well though, both Dhakor and Elantrian abilities are going to be affected for the same reason the barrier is, too many people channelling too much of the Dor in an area with limited access to it. So Dhakor and Elantrian abilities are going to be patchy at this point.

The detainment unit was watching over the battle, waiting for some indication to reveal the correct course of action to it when it was suddenly assailed by a sharp pain in the head.

Someone was trying to break the barrier directly.

It had been holding the usual defenses at bay, there were too many combatants anyway and none of them had been directly attacking the barrier so it was still acting within protocol's to conserve the energy of the barrier.

But someone had just physically attacked the barrier, something that it could not ignore no matter how much it tried to think of an alternative.

"Unauthorized user attempting to access the barrier. Multiple sources of conflict detected nearby, wartime protocols are in effect."

The Aons that made up its body flashed briefly before vanishing, reappearing at the barrier, at the source of the intrusion attempt.

"I apologize sir." The detainment unit said to Fred. "But the use of lethal force has been approved."

Several Aons on its body began to brighten even as others dimmed further from the increased strain on the Dor. A moment later several blasts of energy roared out from from the detainment unit, aimed towards Fred.
@erbiL ohcnaG

Hmm. Alum is wounded and low on Stormlight, Ark's monk refuses to die (or get hit :P), and Mac is shooting his own teamates. And y'all still have a minute to go. 

I think it's time for a big stormin' heroes moment.

The air burst alight as the detainment unit fired, harsh white light momentarily blinding the combatants around the barrier. It also covered the momentary flash of a teleport, right in front of Fred.

The light cleared, revealing a giant in gleaming emerald armor standing between the Aonic figure and Fred. It lowered its massive shield, still glowing red with the force of the blast, and leveled a warhammer with a crackling head at the detainment unit.

"Not today," Drako He'Stan, Warmaster of the Black Crusade and slayer of Rhazien Montague, snarled. "That hour of darkness and broken shields will come, but not today! Salamanders!" He raised his warhammer high. "For the Emperor!"

Reality shivered as countless Space Marines tore themselves out of the Emperyean, launching into combat with the Ghostbloods. High above, the sky darkened as a gargantuan warship drifted across the sun.

@erbiL ohcnaG @MetaTerminal @Ark1002 @Voidus

Edited by Grey Knight