AcodoeQueen

Acodoequeen

Hello:

My first introduction to the Sanderson books was the Mistborn series. Now I am checking out his Stormlight Archive Series. I actually read from a lot of authors and different genres.

I am an author with a first book and chomping at the bit to get the second book done. I have turned to other authors to try and figure out the marketing portion of authorship and haven't quite mastered it, yet. Upon researching Brandon Sanderson, I like the way he seems to truly care about others. I haven't had to buy anything yet to get some good advice from him.

That is what led me here. I realized I needed some good Beta Readers, as all my other attempts have failed. All of you look like a good close-knit and fun group. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Welcome to the Shard, we're glad to have you. 

A word of warning: This thread will soon be ambushed by many people. Some of them will offer ypu cookies, some of those cookies will have Hemaluric spikes in them, some of them will not. Do not accept any of them, regardless of how they are advertised.

Hi and welcome! As you noted, Brandon's writing is fantastic and he really knows how to communicate and work with fans.

There are several writing groups you can join, and I can add you to one if you'd like. I'd also be happy to read your book for you. Is the first published? What's it called?

If you like roleplaying, then I do hear the Alleyverse is fun. Smaller RPs can also be great, however, and Knights of the Cosmere is one I have to recommend. Writers Radiant and Everything Brandon Writes Implodes are two I started.

4 hours ago, Acodoequeen said:

the Mistborn series

yyyYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSsssss

Sorry! Sorry, I just...

My fandoms run deep. Like FNaF. Don't get me started, unless you want to hear me talk for HOURS. Anyway, I'm new to the community as well, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how awesome this place is. Welcome to The Shard! You ought to read as much Cosmere as you can get your hands on if you want to fit in... But then again, who likes 'fitting in?' ;)

Edited by Brightness Warrior

Thank you, everyone, for welcoming me to the group. I am afraid you won't see me regularly until next week. Still getting the holidays finished. :rolleyes: However, by then I will be exploring this place for help. It really does look exciting, and like a place I need to be. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:13 PM, AonEne said:

Hi and welcome! As you noted, Brandon's writing is fantastic and he really knows how to communicate and work with fans.

There are several writing groups you can join, and I can add you to one if you'd like. I'd also be happy to read your book for you. Is the first published? What's it called?

If you like roleplaying, then I do hear the Alleyverse is fun. Smaller RPs can also be great, however, and Knights of the Cosmere is one I have to recommend. Writers Radiant and Everything Brandon Writes Implodes are two I started.

I would love to hear about the writing groups. I don't just want to help, but I also want to contribute. Which is the reason why I won't become regular until next week. I don't have the time to be of help to anyone at this moment.

And yes, the first book was just published. It is called Redemption's Cure (Hunter's Heart Series Book One) You can get it at the four major online retailers as an Ebook. 

Thank you for the offer of help. Hopefully, I will be able to get with you about the writing groups next week.

5 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

Dude, same. You have no idea.

We're all like that. It's even in my signature. :lol:

5 hours ago, Acodoequeen said:

However, by then I will be exploring this place for help. It really does look exciting, and like a place I need to be.

The Shard has been a place I've loved since I joined. I've made innumerable friends, and it's carried me through some bad times.

By the way, the mods don't like it when we double-post. You're new and didn't know, so you're fine, but in the future you can edit your post. ^_^

5 hours ago, Acodoequeen said:

I would love to hear about the writing groups. I don't just want to help, but I also want to contribute. Which is the reason why I won't become regular until next week. I don't have the time to be of help to anyone at this moment.

And yes, the first book was just published. It is called Redemption's Cure (Hunter's Heart Series Book One) You can get it at the four major online retailers as an Ebook. 

Thank you for the offer of help. Hopefully, I will be able to get with you about the writing groups next week.

I'll check that out! Probably won't be able to buy it if it costs money, but still.

Good luck until next week. I'll add you to the group for when you get back.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:04 PM, Brightness Warrior said:

I have never meet a published author before, so this is really cool to hear about.. (That I can recall, of course. Being the chatty person I am with strangers, I've probably chatted with one or two without knowing it...)

Thanks, but don't get too excited. I am working on the marketing plan and getting the reviews. That's the hard part. If I could, I would just write, but all well, life is tough. If you want to know the truth, right now I am an 'unknown author'. But it will happen one day.

13 hours ago, Ashspren said:

@Acodoequeen, welcome! I just checked out your book, and by reading the synopsis, I get where your username comes from. ;) 

In your initial post, you said that you read other genres, too. Which ones?

Thanks for checking out my book, that's encouraging. I would like to know what you thought about it sometime if you feel comfortable discussing it. As for my name, when I came up with the name, it was late at night, and I put the first thing that came to my mind. Don't know if it was wise.^_^ As for other genres I read, Last year I read the Charles Todd Inspector Rutledge Mysteries, along with Mark Stephenson's light thrillers. I have read a few romances, Jules Vern, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Dante's Inferno and some Shakespeare, just to name a few. It depends what I have a hankering for at the moment. And I have to wait until I have the time to read. Because I devour them, I can't stop reading until the end. Guess I need to learn to pace myself.

What about you, what do you read?

34 minutes ago, Acodoequeen said:

What about you, what do you read?

Generally sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian, and my guilty pleasure is teen fiction and romance. ;) 

35 minutes ago, Acodoequeen said:

I would like to know what you thought about it sometime if you feel comfortable discussing it.

When I give it a read, I’ll be sure to let you know! The reviews on Goodreads looked amazing, by the way.

1 minute ago, Ashspren said:

Generally sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian, and my guilty pleasure is teen fiction and romance. ;) 

When I give it a read, I’ll be sure to let you know! The reviews on Goodreads looked amazing, by the way.

I love the teen and young adult also. You looked up Goodreads, thanks. I need to learn how to do the social media thing. So much to learn, it will take a long time to take off.