Just Something I Noticed

Jaywalk

So, I just read Defending Elysium, and I noticed a parallel between Gran-Gran and Jason Write. Both characters are blind. Is Gran-Gran able to Sense like Jason could? From what I remember--though it's been a while since I read it--Gran-Gran knows when Spensa's approaching, before Spensa even says anything.

Anyway, just a thought I had.

Defending Elysium is essentially the reason Skyward happens. Jason Write revealing what all the other races do to their rowdy cytonic-sensing people is what sparked the war between humans and all aliens that eventually landed the fleet on Detrius under permanent watch. Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it thing that connects the two is when the scientists are discussing the defect that is Spensa's cytonic abilities they refer to that section of the mind as the Writiean/Writian section, named after Jason Write. Likely the blindness of Gran-Gran is a connector to help bring it all together like those other small things.