Hoid and the Set

Invocation

What are the odds that Hoid is involved with the Set figuring out unkeyed metalminds in some way? He has some unkeyed minds (among other things, see WOB), and where on Scadrial could he possibly get them unless he's buying off of the Set. Could be why he said that he owned the building that the whole revolt speech was happening in during Bands of Mourning.

I mean maybe he just waited the whole time, nudging people/maybe even Hemalurgically altering them to make them his own little factories for unkeyed minds, but that seems a little out there, even for Hoid.

Steeldancer

Hoid. Does he have more unkeyed metalminds?

Brandon Sanderson

Hoid has access to lots of different things, so, yes he does.

source

16 hours ago, Invocation said:

where on Scadrial could he possibly get them unless he's buying off of the Set.

He could have gotten them in Southern Scadrial, where they were made. He could have also made them himself if he has access to the appropriate Feruchemical powers. The jury is still out on whether he is a Fullborn so do with that what you will.

2 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

He could have gotten them in Southern Scadrial, where they were made. He could have also made them himself if he has access to the appropriate Feruchemical powers. The jury is still out on whether he is a Fullborn so do with that what you will.

How would he have gotten to Southern Scadrial? Isn't it across a sea, or is my Scadrian geography wrong (entirely possible)?

Because he's Hoid. He's used a soul as a boat before. He's an Allomancer with access to Stormlight, Breath and who knows what else. I'm sure he could design and pay people to build a boat and be quiet about it. Or figure out where Harmony's perp is.

Edited by RShara

1 minute ago, RShara said:

Because he's Hoid. He's used a soul as a boat before. He's an Allomancer with access to Stormlight, Breath and who knows what else. I'm sure he could design and pay people to build a boat and be quiet about it. Or figure out where Harmony's perp is.

Y'know, that's fair enough.

Hoid probably understood how Identity works long and has means to access to it before anybody did (like Rashek, Kelsier, Marsh etc). 

Long before Harmony decided to let it slip through Kelsier(Kelsier might be the one doing the spreading of the medallion method but i highly doubt Harmony hasn't seen that future or even subtly manipulated events to that kind of future with/without Kelsier knowing. Just like every other shard does their planning and ridiculous foresight)

• Chaos locked this topic