Allomancy and Honorblades

The Grumpy Elantrian

The honorblades are basically Honor's god metal, a condensed aspect of his essence in solid form. If an allomancer were to somehow consume an honorblade, or part of one (a hypothetical situation as I'm not sure it'd be possible) would they be able to burn it and achieve an affect from the metal?

If so, I find it interesting that perhaps burning part of Tanavast's power, an allomancer would gain access to the surges in some way? 

I welcome your thoughts on the matter. 

It's not about the Honorblades, but I still think this applies. 

word_thief

What would happen if a Mistborn ingested the metal of a Shardblade/plate?

Brandon Sanderson

A shardblade is invested. A Mistborn isn't likely to have a tie to that type of Investiture. So probably nothing would happen…

source

It's not that the metal wouldn't have a power, it's that the allomancer is unlikely to have a Connection to that Investiture. 

This is precisely the reason that I think Trellium can currently be used for Hemalurgy, but not Allomancy or Feruchemy. Hemalurgy has no requirement of that tie, just knowledge, Intent, and the metal. 

All that said, if Hoid is in fact a Mistborn, he would be the only living allomancer I can see with a tie to every Godmetal due to his pre-shattering birth. 

Like Calderis said, Allomancy as pure Preservation (more or less) doesn't have the connection to other Investitures. Maybe if you took a bead of Lerasium (or equivalent) and alloyed it with the Blade/Plate's metal and then had a Mistborn burn it it might work, but we don't full on know that's what would happen with Lerasium and something else until it happens on-screen (or we get a firm WOB).

5 hours ago, goody153 said:

Basically nothing would happen unless Honor somehow got reassembled with a new shiny vessel and decided to invest on Scadrial then after awhile something will happen.

This is true for it to occur without any hacking going on. It's not necessarily the only way. 

Invocations Lerasium fix has potential. 

Stormlightning [PENDING REVIEW]

If Hoid was to get his hands on "bavadinium," could he alloy it with lerasium and get Sand Mastery?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

This is theoretically possible.

source

Maybe it gives its own allomantic power. Maybe it makes a person a human honorblade. Who knows. 

7 hours ago, Calderis said:

All that said, if Hoid is in fact a Mistborn, he would be the only living allomancer I can see with a tie to every Godmetal due to his pre-shattering birth. 

New head canon. Era 4 ends with hoid, having connected with every shard, force feeding himself (dumbledore-syle) a splinter worth of all 16 godmetals, then duralumin burning all 16 concurrently, connecting him sufficiently to kick out all 16 vessels so he can become the new Adonalsium...but he dies in the process at which point Wayne walks in, sees the reunited shards, thinks "eh why not" and becomes God/Waynalsium.

It's a very specific head canon. 

10 hours ago, Extesian said:

New head canon. Era 4 ends with hoid, having connected with every shard, force feeding himself (dumbledore-syle) a splinter worth of all 16 godmetals, then duralumin burning all 16 concurrently, connecting him sufficiently to kick out all 16 vessels so he can become the new Adonalsium...but he dies in the process at which point Wayne walks in, sees the reunited shards, thinks "eh why not" and becomes God/Waynalsium.

Dude spoilers. I didn't wanna know that Wayne would get a means of immortality.

Also a reign of peace cause nobody is better than Wayne that's canon.

12 hours ago, Extesian said:

I don't know whether this is the best possible outcome or the worst.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:40 AM, Extesian said:

I didn't know how much I apparently needed this. :D

On 12/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, The Grumpy Elantrian said:

The honorblades are basically Honor's god metal, a condensed aspect of his essence in solid form. If an allomancer were to somehow consume an honorblade, or part of one (a hypothetical situation as I'm not sure it'd be possible) would they be able to burn it and achieve an affect from the metal?

The WoB we looked at talked about burning shardplate, but I don't feel like it helped a ton in this situation. Honorblades are pretty different. Although now that I'm thinking about it, it dosen't matter~they are both invested in/part of Honor, so the situation is basically the same. It would be interesting to have Hoid try it cannonically...

It's an interesting question on whether a Mistborn would need the Connection to an Honourblade's godmetal, since an Honourblade seems to have the same ability to ignore Connection requirements like Allomantic/Feruchemical Medallions...

Someone should ask Brandon if Honourblades bestow powers with the same kind of Connection hack, and if Worldhoppers would have any difficulty/differences bonding/using an Honourblade

Edited by ScarletSabre

• Chaos locked this topic