Briar King

Star Wars Ep 9 The Rise of Skywalker

78 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

I'd recommend some of the Legends material as well since some of it is quite interesting. Though I haven't read it in a while Darth Plagueis By James Luceno was pretty good. The original Thrawn trilogy of books by Timothy Zahn functioned basically as the sequel trilogy of the Legends universe, it's kind of like a cool alternate history novel.

There are some great Legends books. I read the 9 book series about Jacen Solo’s downfall, and it was truly amazing.

I still like the NJO stuff. Did not like LOTF near as much but EU’s last series FOTJ really was fairly solid and very interesting things were happening.

i will never buy another SW book though. Not risking having another axe drop after 20 yrs and 1,000’s of $.

oh and Resistance SUCKS! I don’t even recognize it as a Filoni project like TCW and Rebels. It is just dumb.

Edited by Briar King

5 hours ago, Briar King said:

oh and Resistance SUCKS! I don’t even recognize it as a Filoni project like TCW and Rebels. It is just dumb.

Even Rebels was a bit of a step down in some ways.  The animation was great and we had some good moments but generally mea.

I think weirdly enough I would not have minded RoJ if FA had not been so great and so ingrained in me.  I expected a sequal that was cohesive and answered my questions and I got laughed at for having questions at all or believing that this would in any way tie into the first one.