Star Wars Ep 9 The Rise of Skywalker

Briar King

25 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

They pulled it off Netflix right before I wanted to start watching it. I was very annoyed and am considering dumping some extra cash into Disney Plus.

Disney Plus isn't worth it. 

22 minutes ago, Pagliacci said:

Same thing happened to me. 

10 minutes ago, Emperor Stick said:

They took it off? Dang, I was about to watch it for the first time.

I got you all covered with the link below.

13 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Disney Plus isn't worth it. 

I got you all covered with the link below.

I disagree.

7 bucks a month to watch a bunch of new/good looking shows, not to mention (I think) Endgame and (Probably) Ep. IX?

Sign me up.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Convinence > Not Convinence.

Malware from shady sites < no malware.

It's not a shady site, and I can't say I've ever gotten any malware. Plus, it's very convenient. Also I'm a broke college student and can't afford monthly subscriptions of any kind. 

1 minute ago, Emperor Stick said:

Some would say our way is more convenient, and not every site has malware.

Ok, so I can watch Ep. 9 on my computer with headphones in and get neck cramps, or I can watch it in surround sound on my couch.

And, yes, I could connect my laptop to my TV, but I don't want to. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Ok, so I can watch Ep. 9 on my computer with headphones in and get neck cramps, or I can watch it in surround sound on my couch.

And, yes, I could connect my laptop to my TV, but I don't want to. 

That last part is no one's fault but your own, and if you're getting neck cramps from a computer, you need to adjust stuff.

2 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

I'll put the flamethrower away then. I think it all comes down to the intentions of the films. I feel TFA worked well to endear us to the new characters and set up the larger story, I just feel it relied a little too much on the classic imagery and story of the previous films. TLJ seemed to be more eager to expand the thematic canvas of Star Wars (granted, it didn't always do this well.) I like both movies for different reasons, but I'd rather another TLJ to another TFA. Still looking forward to how JJ Abrams resolves the trilogy.

Nice! (finally, a TLJ discussion that doesn't end with either vitriol or me saying "This is how we win, Finn" while breaking down in laughter with my friends)

Also- I totally agree with you. The Last Jedi didn't always succeed, but at least it tried.

15 hours ago, Pagliacci said:

I'll put the flamethrower away then. I think it all comes down to the intentions of the films. I feel TFA worked well to endear us to the new characters and set up the larger story, I just feel it relied a little too much on the classic imagery and story of the previous films. TLJ seemed to be more eager to expand the thematic canvas of Star Wars (granted, it didn't always do this well.) I like both movies for different reasons, but I'd rather another TLJ to another TFA. Still looking forward to how JJ Abrams resolves the trilogy.

I liked TLJ quite a bit more than TFA. Luke wasn’t treated like just a nostalgia character, and I really enjoyed how he got an arc of his own. Snoke’s death went over badly with some people, but I loved how much more threatening Kylo Ren became.

14 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

They pulled it off Netflix right before I wanted to start watching it. I was very annoyed and am considering dumping some extra cash into Disney Plus.

I finished Season 6 a couple weeks before they pulled it. Such a great show.

2 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I liked TLJ quite a bit more than TFA. Luke wasn’t treated like just a nostalgia character, and I really enjoyed how he got an arc of his own. Snoke’s death went over badly with some people, but I loved how much more threatening Kylo Ren became.

I finished Season 6 a couple weeks before they pulled it. Such a great show.

I could go on and on about how much I love Clone Wars TBH. It's my favorite piece of Star Wars. (likely due to it being the SW of my childhood, along with the masterful writing skill of Dave Filoni)

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

I could go on and on about how much I love Clone Wars TBH. It's my favorite piece of Star Wars. (likely due to it being the SW of my childhood, along with the masterful writing skill of Dave Filoni)

The Clone Wars is truly amazing.

2 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Is there a list of all the now canon Star Wars movies/tv series? I've only seen the movies but I'd much love to get into the lore more.

The live action star wars films

the cgi shows 'The Clone Wars'*, 'Rebels'** and 'Resistance'*** (though not the 2D animated show titled 'Clone Wars'****)

Any books published following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm is considered canon

I also believe Wookieepedia has a complete list of all canon Star Wars works. 

Anything published before the Disney Acquisition is labelled as 'Legends' material. This includes comics, books and videogames. The quality of this material varies from excellent to awful. 

I'd recommend some of the Legends material as well since some of it is quite interesting. Though I haven't read it in a while Darth Plagueis By James Luceno was pretty good. The original Thrawn trilogy of books by Timothy Zahn functioned basically as the sequel trilogy of the Legends universe, it's kind of like a cool alternate history novel.

Annotations:

Spoiler

*The Clone Wars overall is a fantastic show set between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith and is really better than all the prequel films. It broadens the canvas of characters and plots and really brings a sense of scale to the franchise.

**Rebels is set before A New Hope and follows a small rebel group fighting the empire. Though it features the same writing team as The Clone Wars the quality of episodes vary greatly.

*** I haven't seen Resistance so I can't speak to its quality

****Though not canon Clone Wars is still a fine show written by Genndy Tartakovsky, the mind behind Samurai Jack and Dexter's Laboratory

Edited by Pagliacci