Star Wars Ep 9 The Rise of Skywalker

Briar King

It’s about that time if the formula remains the same to get our 1st teaser trailer. Hopefully it remains the same. I’m still not really super excited that JJ got the Trevoro replacement spot but it’s still going to be Star Wars which I am excited about. Hopefully we don’t get ROTJ 2.0 like he did for 7 which I will always consider ANH 2.0.

Rumors will fly of course but spoilers have to be tagged or I ll become a very grumpy BK.

Anyway we are now less then a year away!

Edited by Briar King

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Wait...it's 2019.

IT'S 2019!!!!

THE YEAR IS UPON US! I mean, we still have to wait till December, but it's finally somewhat almost here!

The wait gets easier when you consider that we have Captain Marvel, Endgame, Aladdin, Far From Home, Lion King, Kingsman and a lot of other cool stuff before it arrives.

I must confess I have mixed feelings because I loved The Last Jedi and I dont know if JJ comeback will be a good thing. I think he will just play safe instead try something new because he's not a true director with artistic vision, he's a movie producer who helps studios to make family-friend blockbuster movies.  Do you want a movie without any vision but if a good entertainment potential? Call JJ

And why do I feel he will just do some new version of an old story ? Well, because everytime someone try to create something new to this franchise old school fans start to rage against the director. People just want more easy screenplay and nostalgia, that's why everybody loves The Force Awakens (which is good) but hate The Last Jedi (which is great), and Disney is aware to that and will make JJ do the job he's good at: Creat a movie only to appeal the fandom. 

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

Where JJ shines is on tv. I’ve not been to thrilled with any of his movies. I think it’s guaranteed he/they will play it safe with 9 and I also think he will undo some of the things Rian did. I’m not thrilled to have him back. Didn’t have the best reaction to TFA when I was watching it in theater for the 1st time.

20 hours ago, Briar King said:

I’m not thrilled to have him back

Neither Me. But I really love TFA, as much as I find the movie basic I also understand it was necessary to come back from hiatus in a huge fashion

But I hope this movie to succeed, with a good hype and a new younger fanbase they can left Rian (or other director) do a new trilogy disconnected from the main story. Star Wars fandom is heavily made up by middle aged white man with good income, Disney need to make movies able to gather a new fandom and this franchise need to evolve in order to survive, otherwise it's going to flop hard in upcoming generations. Even if the fandom become anger better let them go and focus on younger and open minded audiences. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Briar King said:

How is it possible we have no title or trailer yet??? It’s March already... we should be getting geared up for our 2nd trailer at this time with Celebration coming closer.

Supposedly there's going to be a trailer dropping in April, but they're keeping everything else close to the chest. 

• 1 month later...