Spook'o

Random The Final Empire Talk [SPOILERS]

Favorite Crew Member   45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favorite Crewmember?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 posts in this topic

Please only talk about the final empire.

I voted for Dox because I like how he interacts with the crew, though I also wanted to vote for pretty much everyone, there's not a member of the crew that I dislike

I love Kel. His personality kinda matches my D&D rogue character and playstyle to a T, so i lean toward him, seeing as i play my rogue like i would actually be. 

For just The Final Empire, Ham for sure, because lovable philosopher that also happens to punch stuff really hard is a really fun combination to read about.

I voted for Sazed because 1.)  Kelsier is a sociopath and 2.) Spook is REALLY whiny in book 3.  Also because of the meticulousness of him, and I always liked the Idea of the Terris keepers

plz only say things about book 1

thx

Marsh. He single handedly killed all of the Inquisitors. He also projects the "quiet badass" persona that I find appealing in characters (shout out to Lan Mandragoran).

On 12/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, Invocation said:

For just The Final Empire, Ham for sure, because lovable philosopher that also happens to punch stuff really hard is a really fun combination to read about.

I feel the same way, and I loved all the Ham/Breeze interactions as well

No love for Spook. Can't say I'm surprised, really.

1 hour ago, Solant said:

No love for Spook. Can't say I'm surprised, really.

Spook didn't have much of a role for most of The Final Empire. I liked him in the rest of the books, but this thread was only TFE.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I should have been more specific ;)

I like Spook, but I feel like he doesn't do enough to be a large favorite. I have not finished the Well of Ascension yet though so maybe that changes later on

I'll always go with Kell. He's just fun and he's really real to me. I love his inner struggles and his outward confidence. I could go on about him for hours. Marsh is really great too. If I think about him too much I'll get really frustrated with how unfair his whole situation is. 

Kelsier is amazing. Boy was I sad at the end of The Final Empire.

35 minutes ago, Marsh_Man said:

Kelsier is amazing. Boy was I sad at the end of The Final Empire.

I have never cried harder. 

Spoiler

Even over real deaths. I was seriously sobbing. 

@Marsh_Man @Shard of Thought You guys would probably be very interested in Mistborn: Secret History.  It give some behind the scenes details of things that happen during Mistborn, and reveals some secret aspects of Kelsier's plan.  To say anything more would be spoilery, but I highly recommend you guys check it out.  

Oh, I've read it. Several times. That's the second hardest I've cried. That little novella took a lot out of me.

1 hour ago, Scion of the Mists said:

@Marsh_Man @Shard of Thought You guys would probably be very interested in Mistborn: Secret History.  It give some behind the scenes details of things that happen during Mistborn, and reveals some secret aspects of Kelsier's plan.  To say anything more would be spoilery, but I highly recommend you guys check it out.  

thank you. But I will wait till after I finish both of the Mistborn series before reading Secret History.

31 minutes ago, Marsh_Man said:

thank you. But I will wait till after I finish both of the Mistborn series before reading Secret History.

Probably wise. It really depends on what you want for when to start it. I couldn't wait and started it about halfway through The Bands of Mourning. You'll be satisfied either way.

I voted for Kelsier, just because. I'm not sure about whether I really think that way though, but back when I first read Mistborn I definitely did.
I'm kinda more critical now when it comes to him and his behaviour. But I still love him.

I finished The Well of Ascension yesterday and it was absolutely amazing! I won't spoil anything here, so I will start a new chat for The Well of Ascension