Ashertliden

Koloss Head Munching Day 2018

70 posts in this topic

It is now Wednesday, December 19th in New Zealand and parts of Russia. Let the head-munching festivities begin!

Edited by Ookla the Indefatigable
7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so ready for Brandon to announce he accidentally wrote Stormlight 5 while mentally preparing for Stormlight 4.

14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

I'm so ready for Brandon to announce he accidentally wrote Stormlight 5 while mentally preparing for Stormlight 4.

We cant be that lucky can we, to have it happen again?  If it does happen I want to know who is juicing Chromium, we need to hit up Vegas.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I better be getting good news today on The Lost Metal or I will be unleashing some nerd rage the likes this website has never seen before!

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

I better be getting good news today on The Lost Metal or I will be unleashing some nerd rage the likes this website has never seen before!

I will right beside you!!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I better be getting good news today on The Lost Metal or I will be unleashing some nerd rage the likes this website has never seen before!

I will not be pleased. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If i could choose, i would choose to read about finishing some series instead of starting some new one. Hearing about The Lost Metal would be even better, since so far, it is my favorite Sanderson series, 

Edited by Martin4os
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what time I should expect the SoS? I can't keep hitting refresh on his website relentlessly until I get what I want AND be productive.

I'm on the East Coast if that makes any difference.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I WANT SOS!!! I NEED LOST METAL AND STARFALL AND PROGRESS ON SA4!!!

 

Really though. I want the sanderman's update. will alcatraz 6 EVER be finished? what about The Atzlantian?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just clone Brandon a bunch so that he can write a bunch of books really quickly

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Turtle373 said:

Can we just clone Brandon a bunch so that he can write a bunch of books really quickly

It has been attempted. Unfortunately, no cloning machine can replicate that much awesomeness.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The true holiday of the year! Yay!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody status update a happy birthday on his profile.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I better be getting good news today on The Lost Metal or I will be unleashing some nerd rage the likes this website has never seen before!

Soulburner! Soulburner! But for real if he manages to give us good new of TLM I'll freak out with you!

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

It has been attempted. Unfortunately, no cloning machine can replicate that much awesomeness.

Alas, the best we can do (which is still extraordinarily good) is the yearly upgrades to the Sanderbot. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Alas, the best we can do (which is still extraordinarily good) is the yearly upgrades to the Sanderbot. 

I love the patch that allowed him to accidentally write books. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I love the patch that allowed him to accidentally write books. 

Yeah it's a great one. Only kicks in with some spare time, though.

 

Also, Soulburner might get changed to Starburner! 

 

Also as an aside, I am both in love with, and intimidated by the sheer size of the SotS posts have gotten. A couple of years ago they were just simple year-end reviews and a potential book writing schedule. Now we've got breakdowns, upcoming sections, books, movies, games, etc. It's great and amazing, but I'm a little afraid that at some point Sanderson is going to have to cut off his Reddit/fan interaction because there is just too much to do and too many fans...

Edited by Use the Falchion
re-reading quotes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Yeah it's a great one. Only kicks in with some spare time, though.

 

Also, Soulburner might get changed to Starburner! 

 

Also as an aside, I am both in love with, and intimidated by the sheer size of the SotS posts have gotten. A couple of years ago they were just simple year-end reviews and a potential book writing schedule. Now we've got breakdowns, upcoming sections, books, movies, games, etc. It's great and amazing, but I'm a little afraid that at some point Sanderson is going to have to cut off his Reddit/fan interaction because there is just too much to do and too many fans...

 

Part of me feels like there is going to be a point where Brandon brings in other authors and/or friends to help him write or seriously outline projects.

Granted, that may not be something he ever considers, or it may be something the majority of his fans see as sacrilegious, but with all these projects (and let's face it, there WILL be new ones that pop into his head that require his attention,) I feel like it is inevitable.

We're already seeing that (to a degree) with Whitesand, and I can see it happening again to other non-major projects, just because there is (theoretically) only so much one person can do.  (Though Brandon has done the seemingly impossible before.)

All that said, it is extraordinary the work and quality Brandon puts out, and I'm just happy we get what we get.  As much as I can't wait for more Stormlight or Mistborn, I love that Brandon recognizes he needs time for mental breaks and other, different projects.  Watching how he balances it all in the future will be interesting in and of itself.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay for SA4! I rather see that begin he it now than pushing it back for W&W. I can wait. After all, this year has so many epic releases from other people that it should fly by as fast as Steeldancer when he compounds steel. 

I am kind of intrigued by the necromancer part of Death Without Pizza. I’ll wait for more on this project before I can tell how hyped I am though. 

I am incredibly hyped for the total amaze-wierdness that Apocalypse Guard seems to be becoming. 

Incredibly hyped for Dark One. I have been interested in it since I first heard of it. Hoping for that showrunner announcement soon. 

Also, I am happy that he mentioned that there is a possibility for non-graphic novel Taldain stories. That format isnt my cup of tea.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

 

Part of me feels like there is going to be a point where Brandon brings in other authors and/or friends to help him write or seriously outline projects.

Granted, that may not be something he ever considers, or it may be something the majority of his fans see as sacrilegious, but with all these projects (and let's face it, there WILL be new ones that pop into his head that require his attention,) I feel like it is inevitable.

We're already seeing that (to a degree) with Whitesand, and I can see it happening again to other non-major projects, just because there is (theoretically) only so much one person can do.  (Though Brandon has done the seemingly impossible before.)

It seems like he is now doing that already with some books, including Death By Pizza Calzones Amazon Prime Same-Day Delivery Drones Delivered Via Drone Artistic Differences and Infighting Caused by a Fractured Fan Base and this year's accidental book outline, The Original. 

Edited by Ookla Personified
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Koloss Head-Munching Day! The SotS makes me both happy and sad this year. Happy because Stormlight 4 is around the corner. Sad because Wax and Wayne 4 has been pushed back (I was going to reread Mistborn next year while waiting for Stormlight).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if anyone is interested, I made several Koloss Head-Munching Day song parodies last year if anyone is interested. They can be found here:

I will try to make a new batch this year (probably all based on "Frosty the Dragon Snowman") but I may not have time because it is finals week.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited for SA4, just means probably a slow year in releases. But, mention on W&W 4 :wub:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.