Koloss Head Munching Day 2018

Ashertliden

2 hours ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

I'm so ready for Brandon to announce he accidentally wrote Stormlight 5 while mentally preparing for Stormlight 4.

We cant be that lucky can we, to have it happen again?  If it does happen I want to know who is juicing Chromium, we need to hit up Vegas.

5 hours ago, Ammanas said:

I better be getting good news today on The Lost Metal or I will be unleashing some nerd rage the likes this website has never seen before!

Soulburner! Soulburner! But for real if he manages to give us good new of TLM I'll freak out with you!

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

It has been attempted. Unfortunately, no cloning machine can replicate that much awesomeness.

Alas, the best we can do (which is still extraordinarily good) is the yearly upgrades to the Sanderbot. 

47 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I love the patch that allowed him to accidentally write books. 

Yeah it's a great one. Only kicks in with some spare time, though.

Also, Soulburner might get changed to Starburner! 

Also as an aside, I am both in love with, and intimidated by the sheer size of the SotS posts have gotten. A couple of years ago they were just simple year-end reviews and a potential book writing schedule. Now we've got breakdowns, upcoming sections, books, movies, games, etc. It's great and amazing, but I'm a little afraid that at some point Sanderson is going to have to cut off his Reddit/fan interaction because there is just too much to do and too many fans...

Edited by Use the Falchion
re-reading quotes

9 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Yeah it's a great one. Only kicks in with some spare time, though.

Also, Soulburner might get changed to Starburner! 

Also as an aside, I am both in love with, and intimidated by the sheer size of the SotS posts have gotten. A couple of years ago they were just simple year-end reviews and a potential book writing schedule. Now we've got breakdowns, upcoming sections, books, movies, games, etc. It's great and amazing, but I'm a little afraid that at some point Sanderson is going to have to cut off his Reddit/fan interaction because there is just too much to do and too many fans...

Part of me feels like there is going to be a point where Brandon brings in other authors and/or friends to help him write or seriously outline projects.

Granted, that may not be something he ever considers, or it may be something the majority of his fans see as sacrilegious, but with all these projects (and let's face it, there WILL be new ones that pop into his head that require his attention,) I feel like it is inevitable.

We're already seeing that (to a degree) with Whitesand, and I can see it happening again to other non-major projects, just because there is (theoretically) only so much one person can do.  (Though Brandon has done the seemingly impossible before.)

All that said, it is extraordinary the work and quality Brandon puts out, and I'm just happy we get what we get.  As much as I can't wait for more Stormlight or Mistborn, I love that Brandon recognizes he needs time for mental breaks and other, different projects.  Watching how he balances it all in the future will be interesting in and of itself.

Yay for SA4! I rather see that begin he it now than pushing it back for W&W. I can wait. After all, this year has so many epic releases from other people that it should fly by as fast as Steeldancer when he compounds steel. 

I am kind of intrigued by the necromancer part of Death Without Pizza. I’ll wait for more on this project before I can tell how hyped I am though. 

I am incredibly hyped for the total amaze-wierdness that Apocalypse Guard seems to be becoming. 

Incredibly hyped for Dark One. I have been interested in it since I first heard of it. Hoping for that showrunner announcement soon. 

Also, I am happy that he mentioned that there is a possibility for non-graphic novel Taldain stories. That format isnt my cup of tea.

10 minutes ago, What's a Seawolf? said:

Part of me feels like there is going to be a point where Brandon brings in other authors and/or friends to help him write or seriously outline projects.

Granted, that may not be something he ever considers, or it may be something the majority of his fans see as sacrilegious, but with all these projects (and let's face it, there WILL be new ones that pop into his head that require his attention,) I feel like it is inevitable.

We're already seeing that (to a degree) with Whitesand, and I can see it happening again to other non-major projects, just because there is (theoretically) only so much one person can do.  (Though Brandon has done the seemingly impossible before.)

It seems like he is now doing that already with some books, including Death By Pizza Calzones Amazon Prime Same-Day Delivery Drones Delivered Via Drone Artistic Differences and Infighting Caused by a Fractured Fan Base and this year's accidental book outline, The Original. 

Edited by Ookla Personified

Also, if anyone is interested, I made several Koloss Head-Munching Day song parodies last year if anyone is interested. They can be found here:

I will try to make a new batch this year (probably all based on "Frosty the Dragon Snowman") but I may not have time because it is finals week.