Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aon Ati

Dakhor Bones

3 posts in this topic

I was recently looking at the Coppermind page on Dakhor and read how the Monk's bones are close to indestructible. This is most likely because of how much the bones are Invested. So I was wondering as to how Invested. What would happen if a Shardblade made contact with a Dakhor monk's body? Is there enough Investiture to repel the blade? I personally think that it would encounter more resistance than usual, but would be able to pass through. But that is just my theory. I'm curious as to what others think.

I think it would be deflected, or at least be metalmind level resistant. Dahkor bones are hardly even part of the body anymore, they're like bits of aliens inserted into someone.

I think it would depend on if the monk was actively using the powers or not. 

There are times that the runes are visibly glowing under their skin, and other times that they aren't, and in and of themselves the bones aren't exceptionally invested. 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Let's say a Bloodsealer got his hands on a Dakhor monk's bones. Could it still access the Dor. *Inaudible* Could they even be reanimated, and could they still be useful?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

That's a really good question. So the bones are a conduit, much like Allomantic metal is. Allomantic metals are pretty easy to affect Investitures. I would say getting a-hold of a Dakhor monk's bones, likely, would work. Likely, they're not going to resist too much. But, I'm going to say harder to access the magic than you'd think, but easier than with regular bones.

So I'm going to give you a yes.

source

If they were actively using their ability though, and the bones were suffused with the Dor? I'm on board with it blocking.