Into the Spiderverse

Quantus

This is very likely the best Spiderman movie ever made.  And I say that fully being more of a fan of than most of the ones that have come out over the years.

Seriously, in terms of visuals, characterization, storytelling, etc. it's phenomenal.  I truly do not have a single complaint about this flick. 

So, seriously:  stop whatever you are doing and go see it right now.  Unless somebody is about to die in the next two hours, you have nothing better to do.  :P

Saw it on Saturday. Loved this film too! I'm torn as to whether this is the best Spider-Man film, but I'll put it in the top 10 best Superhero movies in the past 5-6 years for sure!

That being said, Into the Spider-Verse is totally unique and groundbreaking in terms of what we can now do with Legacy characters and trippy, fun superhero stories.

This year has been the Year of the Spider overall.

I'm loving the amount of Spiderman stuff recently just in general, but I will admit to being so intrigued with Into the Spiderverse that I bought tickets for it as soon as I could for the earliest day I could and watched it the morning after it started showing and was suitably impressed. As far as animated movies go, I'd set that above most, and as far as Spiderman movies go, it's also up there with the way they animated Kingpin and the rest, plus the focus on some of my favorite Spider-people (Miles and Spiderman Noir). 

6 hours ago, Invocation said:

I'm loving the amount of Spiderman stuff recently just in general, but I will admit to being so intrigued with Into the Spiderverse that I bought tickets for it as soon as I could for the earliest day I could and watched it the morning after it started showing and was suitably impressed. As far as animated movies go, I'd set that above most, and as far as Spiderman movies go, it's also up there with the way they animated Kingpin and the rest, plus the focus on some of my favorite Spider-people (Miles and Spiderman Noir)

One of my favorite performances from Academy Award Winner Nicholas Cage (who must be addressed by his full title at all times!) :P

I want a sequel in Spiderman Noir's world where

Spoiler

that Rubics Cube has become a crazy Artifact of Power, being the only Color in the entire Universe.  If we're lucky there is a Doctor Strange Noir in his world.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

One of my favorite performances from Academy Award Winner Nicholas Cage (who must be addressed by his full title at all times!) :P

I forgot that was Cage, honestly.

5 hours ago, Quantus said:

I want a sequel in Spiderman Noir's world where

Hide contents

that Rubics Cube has become a crazy Artifact of Power, being the only Color in the entire Universe.  If we're lucky there is a Doctor Strange Noir in his world.

That would be amazing.

That was honestly a great movie. My dad took me to a pre-showing two saturdays ago and I went both last week and the week before (2 total viewings) and I LOVED IT!!! I really want them to continue with this world, especially at the end where

Spoiler

That one spiderman (referred to as Micheal, I think) Goes to that scene from the animated series. What's going to happen with this guy (Micheal, not the other spiderman)?

But yeah, gotta say my favorite movie this year with Incredibles 2 and Infinity War Close behind. The blend of lots of differend art styles. And Miles has to be my favorite spiderman-as-a-regular-person. More than Peter Parker or Penni (anime spiderman girl, who was cool too. loved the spider-bot.) or any other spidermen.

Also, 3rd-5th last Stan Lee Cameo. RIP. (Mrs. Marvel, and Endgame for sure have him, rumors of Far From Home and another marvel movie having at least his cameo filmed)

On 12/19/2018 at 11:35 AM, Inklingspren said:

That was honestly a great movie. My dad took me to a pre-showing two saturdays ago and I went both last week and the week before (2 total viewings) and I LOVED IT!!! I really want them to continue with this world, especially at the end where

Hide contents

That one spiderman (referred to as Micheal, I think) Goes to that scene from the animated series. What's going to happen with this guy (Micheal, not the other spiderman)?

That was

Spoiler

Spiderman 2099.  He headlined as part of a whole spread of 2099 alternate superheroes back in the day, and had a prominent role in the original Spiderverse comic run, where the villain was Morlun, who was the big bad (and if Im not mistaken in one of the few that have managed to kill Spiderman in the main continuity.  Unless that was one of the many clones, it was hard to keep track back then).  If I had to guess Id say that's where they're headed.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:35 AM, Inklingspren said:

Also, 3rd-5th last Stan Lee Cameo. RIP. (Mrs. Marvel, and Endgame for sure have him, rumors of Far From Home and another marvel movie having at least his cameo filmed)

Apparently he was all over this one in cameos. The creators say he was in the background in most crowd scenes, and he even voiced JJJameson in the after-credits scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Into the Spiderverse! The writing was really solid, and the animation was fantastic. If you have a chance to see it in 3D, I'd highly recommend doing so.

Spoiler

Also Miles and Gwen are really cute together and I want to see more of them interacting.

2 minutes ago, Joy said:

I loved Into the Spiderverse! The writing was really solid, and the animation was fantastic. If you have a chance to see it in 3D, I'd highly recommend doing so.

Hide contents

Also Miles and Gwen are really cute together and I want to see more of them interacting.

"You dont get to like my hair! You know why..."  :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 11:01 AM, Zurvanite said:

eeb.thumb.png.d49738afdebc00aee01fd521b143b998.png

Can confirm. Peni Parker is wonderful.

Did anybody else play a game called Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions? I really loved that game a couple of years ago. The Noir gameplay in it almost made me stay with him as my favorite, but I gotta go with Peni tbh.

3 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Did anybody else play a game called Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions? I really loved that game a couple of years ago. The Noir gameplay in it almost made me stay with him as my favorite, but I gotta go with Peni tbh.

I watched a video on it a while ago, but I don't remember much because it was only like 20 minutes of gameplay.

18 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Can confirm. Peni Parker is wonderful.

Yeah I loved that game. I remember you fight Deadpool at one point on an oil rig (or the Raft I can't remember) and you could swing from absolutely nothing because it was kinda tongue in cheek. Noir gameplay was fun, but not my favorite of the 4.

Peni is best girl

5c3c7a2a4cfce_Peniparkerisadorable_0695cf_6865293.jpg.0c16c4eb0d64a45db5b555b2e366858b.jpg

Edited by Zurvanite