Xena nodded to what Sebastian said. Well, it was obvious that Sebastian himself would end up being the leader, but she very much wanted to know their goals.

She could, in fact, hear his speech, but when he had challenged her about it, she didn't mention it.

"Uh..." she said, "Yeah, what are our goals?"

• 3 weeks later...

"I don't know. What I do know is that I have a pressing meeting in about two hours and I have to visit a friend at the penitentiary after that. So we need to wrap up quickly. I would like to hear your morals, I don't want to violate them as I don't really have any myself." Sebastian said kicking his feet up on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Eve checked her watch. She was running late - there was somewhere she needed to get to. Placing a slip of paper she’d prepared in advance just in case this would happen on the table, Eve moved to the door.

Spoiler

I’m certain that if you ever do want to find me, you’ll be able to.

And to be clear from the start: I won’t harm anyone who cannot defend themself. I won’t kill anyone without Investiture or Epic abilities. Almost everything else is fine, with just three exceptions.

Xena paused. There were a lot of things she wanted to say, or, more specifically, ask, but she had the feeling none of them would make her very popular among the rest of the group.

She lowered her head. She wasn't going to ask for a third time what she would be doing here. No, that would be repetitive.