Hey.

Chasmfiend#1

Welcome Chasmfiend#1!

What books have you read so far (and which are you working on at the moment)?

Which has been your favorite so far?

If you could have 1 of Brandon's magic systems for yourself, which would it be?

Be careful when browsing the shard, people try to keep spoilers in spoiler boxes and out of spoiler free zones... but it doesn't always happen.

And be careful when accepting cookies... they generally contain spikes. (Mistborn referance)

Furamirionind.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have finished the stormlight books to the current state. I have also recently finished almost the mistborn trilogy. I am currently working on Arcamand Unbound.

Of these books, I liked the Way of Kings best. The way it described Kaladin's past made me feel for him, almost making me finish the book.

Of the magic systems I know, I think I would prefer Allomancy. If I had to pick one metal, I would choose pewter (i haven't finished the last book for mistborn yet, so that might change).

Lol. I told my friend about the cookie and he literally said "DON'T CLICK IT!". I had thought the cookies where a fancy name for reputation.

I will keep my eyes open for spoilers.

(Side note) Also, what is the alleyverse? From what I've heard, it sounds pretty cut-throat.

Heh, yeah... Best to be on your guard. You can find Hemalurgy-Free cookies though from TUBA, in general if you ask for one of these, someone will provide. Another thing to look for is just don't trust anyone who uses strikethroughs. : )

Or rather, keep your eyes closed for spoilers? ; ) (No? not good? I'll try a different joke later then...)

Oh yes! I forgot to recommend Sanderson Elimination and the Allyverse! Both can be found in the RolePlaying subforum.

I can give you a brief overview of what the allyverse is, but Ark1002 would be much more suited to it. It is basically a FFRP (Free-Form Role Play), meaning that people create characters using Brandon's magic systems and worlds, and have them all interact with each other. The allyverse is currently being prepared for the next era (set of major plots), but if you are interested, there is nothing to stop you from joining now! (It is pretty cutthroat at the moment, but perhaps it will be slightly less so when we finish creating the Allyverse Government... Or perhaps more, who knows). Here are some links to some good threads to look through if you are interested:
New Players Guide (still under some development), Character Info and Creation, Allyverse History and General Info.  If you find those threads confusing in any way, feel free to message either Ark or myself.

Another really cool thing is Sanderson Elimination (SE).  If you have ever played a game of mafia or werewolf, it is basically like that, but in the Brandon's worlds. The rulesets are customized to work in the setting, and each game is slightly different. Unfortunately there aren't any live signups at the moment, but if you want to watch or ask questions about the games, feel free to check out the SE subforum. A word of warning though, any questions specifically about games going on right now will almost certainly not be answered. (to make sure not to spoil the games)

Did someone say cookies courtesy of TUBA?

9 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

You can find Hemalurgy-Free cookies though from TUBA, in general if you ask for one of these, someone will provide.

Eh. Close enough.

Welcome to the forums @Chasmfiend#1! Anytime you ever want a cookie, just ask - we're happy to provide them, spike-free of course.

9 hours ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

(Side note) Also, what is the alleyverse? From what I've heard, it sounds pretty cut-throat.

TUBA's safe. GBs less so. And the DA...well don't get too close to them. Alleyverse can be cutthroat, but it mostly depends on who you're with.

A quick thing: Mods and admins and people of that sort with power don't like when people post twice in a row, double-post. They prefer the use of the edit button. Don't worry about it since this is in the intro pages, but just for future reference try to avoid it.

Why wouldn't the character be legal?

Anyways, half of our members aren't even active in the RP aspect of the alleyverse, so don't worry about a character. And we at TUBA are (almost) always recruiting. ;)

Welcome to the forums!

It's worth noting that the cookie also contains free super powers, something that some people conveniently forget to mention when trying to convince people to avoid them. So if you're interested in free superpowers and science then you should try the DA, if you want to only have access to bland, uninteresting, nonmagical cookies then try TUBA.

35 minutes ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

For the allyverse I was thinking about being a master forger.

But I'm not sure if I should make her now or wait for the next era.

Your thoughts?

I would suggest asking these types of questions in the Allyverse character thread. You will have a much better chance of finding an answer there.

I posted the link to it above, but I quoted it right here so you can find it easily.

On 12/16/2018 at 1:24 AM, Furamirionind said:

Just a note, a "master forger" doesn't really tell people anything about your character.  If you look at other people's characters, you can see how they put in their appearance, backstory, powers, etc. This will all help people tell you what they think about a character.

Basically though, if you want to use this character in the next era, tell them it is for era 3. Most people wont be reusing characters from era 2 in era 3.