[OB Spoiler} Derethil Fought the Void Bringers

So I am re reading TWOK and just got to the part where Hoid is telling Kaladin about Derethil and the Wandersail.  Before getting to the actual story he says "Derethil fought the Voidbringers during the days of the Heralds and the Radiant" (pg 803).  Assuming this story is real and that Hoid knows who the void bringers really are, would that make Derethil a human who fought along side the Fused? 

A few options that don't have Derethil fighting with the Fused: 

1. Derethil is actually a Parshendi? (not likely)
  2. Parshendi were already considered 'Voidbringers' in Derethil's time so no issues (maybe?).
  3. Hoid is speaking intelligibly to his audience, in terms Kaladin will understand (my mostly likely option). 
Edited by Green Hoodie Mistborn

Just now, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

A few options that don't have Derethil fighting with the Fused options: 

2. Parshendi were already considered 'Voidbringers' in Derethil's time so no issues (maybe?).
  3. Hoid is speaking intelligibly to his audience, in terms Kaladin will understand (my mostly likely option). 

I was thinking of the same three options and I agree that #3 is the most likely.

That seems the most likely to me as well but I'm always suspicious with Brandon and Hoid.  I feel like he slips things in that I always overlook until re-reading with more knowledge (Like Hoid saying in the story that the Voidbringers came from the origin and me assuming it was a perpendicularity. I should have realized the Voidbringers were world hoppers).

I think Derethil was born long time after sides switched so Fused were already voidbringers because there is the sentence

12 hours ago, Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor said:

"Derethil fought the Voidbringers during the days of the Heralds and the Radiant"

Radiant were human and fought for humanity against voidbringers.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:57 PM, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

A few options that don't have Derethil fighting with the Fused: 

Definitely 2.

If there were already Heralds and Radiants then the Voudbringers = Singers.

• Chaos locked this topic