White Sand Vol. 3 Cover and Release Date

TruthlessofShinovar

On 7/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, Jofwu said:

Took an opportunity to ask Adam. Hopefully he's able to find out some news and report back. :lol:

Thank you SOOOO much.  I needed that after I got this

We have received new release date information for the item in the order below. The release date has been changed by the publisher and we want to provide you with the updated release date. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay. We'll keep your pre-order open on your account and you'll receive a confirmation when the item is available for download.* As a reminder, you can change, cancel, or view the status of your orders in Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Still no word from him unfortunately.

The ebook has slid (over the last few months) from mid-June to the very end of July, hasn't it? The fact that the hardback listing (September 10th) is only 6 weeks after the ebook at this point... I'm leaning towards the assumption that it will come out with the hardback in September.

The fact that it KEEPS slipping a few weeks out at a time just feels like they've got a soft date that automatically gets pushed back as the date nears and they don't have an official date. I don't know how these things work... But it's like maybe Dynamite told them "summer 2019" so they put down a tentative date in June. And then the system just automatically tacks on a few more weeks as needed until someone comes along and gives it a hard release date. Maybe Dynamite told Amazon the September date and it was input for the hardback while the ebook was just overlooked.

*shrug*

Anyways, will report back if Adam says anything.

4 hours ago, Jofwu said:

The ebook has slid (over the last few months) from mid-June to the very end of July, hasn't it? The fact that the hardback listing (September 10th) is only 6 weeks after the ebook at this point... I'm leaning towards the assumption that it will come out with the hardback in September.

The fact that it KEEPS slipping a few weeks out at a time just feels like they've got a soft date that automatically gets pushed back as the date nears and they don't have an official date. I don't know how these things work... But it's like maybe Dynamite told them "summer 2019" so they put down a tentative date in June. And then the system just automatically tacks on a few more weeks as needed until someone comes along and gives it a hard release date. Maybe Dynamite told Amazon the September date and it was input for the hardback while the ebook was just overlooked.

*shrug*

Thanks very much for the little clarification that you're providing!

8 hours ago, Jofwu said:

*shrug*

Thanks for the help.  I hope it comes out earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

And my slow march to insanity continues with this.

We have received new release date information for the item in the order below. The release date has been changed by the publisher and we want to provide you with the updated release date. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay. We'll keep your pre-order open on your account and you'll receive a confirmation when the item is available for download.* As a reminder, you can change, cancel, or view the status of your orders in Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Your new pre-order release date:
Wednesday, August 21, 2019

At this point, I feel that they got the actual release date updated for the physical copy and never did for the digital and the systems just keep pushing it forward pending someone inputting the correct information. The surprising thing here is the lack of info from Brandon or his people, this is very unlike them. I'd definitely be a bit more peeved if they did this with a Stormlight or Mistborn book but I guess the graphic novels aren't as high on the priority list for us or them.

2 hours ago, Harrycrapper said:

At this point, I feel that they got the actual release date updated for the physical copy and never did for the digital and the systems just keep pushing it forward pending someone inputting the correct information. The surprising thing here is the lack of info from Brandon or his people, this is very unlike them. I'd definitely be a bit more peeved if they did this with a Stormlight or Mistborn book but I guess the graphic novels aren't as high on the priority list for us or them.

They've typically been quieter on White Sand release info. Largely because I don't think they're as closely involved with the publisher as they are with Brandon's usual books.

And I don't think anyone has asked Brandon about the release date in several months.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, Jofwu said:

They've typically been quieter on White Sand release info. Largely because I don't think they're as closely involved with the publisher as they are with Brandon's usual books.

And I don't think anyone has asked Brandon about the release date in several months.

Thats not good.

Edited by Karger

Uh-oh, more importantly it looks like the hardback got pushed back a week as well. Not sure when this happened, anyone else notice? It used to be September 10th and now says 17th. Not sure when it changed, could have been weeks ago and I just didn't notice.

7 hours ago, Jofwu said:

Uh-oh, more importantly it looks like the hardback got pushed back a week as well. Not sure when this happened, anyone else notice? It used to be September 10th and now says 17th. Not sure when it changed, could have been weeks ago and I just didn't notice.

Bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's many people who wouldn't like the prose version to be canon. I would hate a world where it wasn't easily accessible.

And it certainly would take a lot to make me accept the GNs in my Cosmere canon. I don't think it will ever happen, even if there happen to be some contradictions once the third volume is out.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:26 AM, NattyBo said:

It's so crazy to me that there's Cosmere cannon coming out a month from now (allegedly) and there's so little buzz for it it seems like.

White Sand has so much potential, but the unofficial prose version will forever be my "head"cannon

I think the excitement has generally been tamped down by the fact that the release date keeps getting pushed back. Now the hardcover is saying October 1st and that makes me really doubt the digital version is being released September 4th as it is currently advertised. We were supposed to get this back in July and now I feel like they'll get all three parts of the graphic audio version out before the graphic novel version, but maybe I'm just being a pessimist at this point. I am significantly more exited for the graphic audio over the graphic novels anyways. I really don't like that art style and I am kinda miffed that they had that chapter at the end of volume 2 that looked so much better but volume 3 is going to try and imitate the original style to make it more cohesive. Hopefully the new artist learned from the mistakes of the old...

Edited by Harrycrapper

Hey guys, I left a comment on a recent White Sand article on Tor and didn't remember to check back till I saw Brandon share the article earlier today, here was my question and response from the guy who wrote the article;

Me: Could we get an actual confirmation on when volume 3 is being released? Amazon has been moving it up one week every week for two months now. 

Drew McCaffrey: Nothing official, though most indications I’ve heard point to late Nov/early Dec. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of the Starsight release. There have been lots of delays.

Edited by Harrycrapper
Forgot to mention the article was about White Sand

On 8/26/2019 at 8:08 PM, Harrycrapper said:

Drew McCaffrey: Nothing official, though most indications I’ve heard point to late Nov/early Dec. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of the Starsight release. There have been lots of delays.

Grounds teeth.

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Grounds teeth.

Yea, I'm putting my eggs in the Graphic Audio basket and cancelling my Kindle preorder in favor of the physical copy. If the third volume of the Graphic Audio version comes out a month after volume two just like volume two will a month after volume one, then it will be out sooner(mid October).