Ruin is an idiot

TousenShadowForged

8 minutes ago, TousenShadowForged said:

was he aware of those worlds?  cause so far didn't seem like him or sazed/harmony are aware

He was one of the original 16 Shards so he would have been aware of at least one other planet for sure and knew more were out there.

Harmony doesn't know because Sazed doesn't know.

2 hours ago, Ooklalord Jebus said:

He was one of the original 16 Shards so he would have been aware of at least one other planet for sure and knew more were out there.

Harmony doesn't know because Sazed doesn't know.

I assumed Sazed learned (or is learning) everything Ruin and Preservation knew... Was it purely his knowledge of religions that allowed him to right all the wrongs?

1 hour ago, Onslaught said:

I assumed Sazed learned (or is learning) everything Ruin and Preservation knew... Was it purely his knowledge of religions that allowed him to right all the wrongs?

It was purely his copperminds that provided him the information he used to fix the world, yes.

As said, Ati knew there were other worlds out there and he wanted to get to destroy those as well.

2 hours ago, Onslaught said:

I assumed Sazed learned (or is learning) everything Ruin and Preservation knew...

The fact that Sazed has only the vaguest notions about Adonalsium neatly disprove this.

Sazed is technically able to learn more about the wider world, and ascension itself would have widened his awareness/capabilities to an extent by virtue of his new Spiritual Realm perspective but the shards have to actually exert themselves and Choose to actually Look.  Also, there are forces attempting to actively prevent Sazed from becoming more aware.  Probably because he's most likely the single most powerful being in the cosmere at present.

Paladin Brewer (paraphrased)

I assume Sazed does not know the metal used in Lessie's spike because it's off-world, but Odium seems aware of Sazed/Harmony. Why is this?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Odium has a lot more knowledge that Sazed, he has had the power longer, and there are forces purposely trying to limit Harmony's knowledge.

source

In MB: Secret History, Ati/Ruin mentions planning to start his post-Scadrial Ruination with the Ire:

"Those fools in the fortress won't be able to help you," Ruin noted. "I think that once this world reaches its end, I will pay them a visit. They've existed for far too long past what is right."

I thought he might have implied he had plans beyond that as well in comments he made in SH, but I'll have to dig deeper.

23 hours ago, robardin said:

In MB: Secret History, Ati/Ruin mentions planning to start his post-Scadrial Ruination with the Ire:

I thought he might have implied he had plans beyond that as well in comments he made in SH, but I'll have to dig deeper.

Sound like he would have objected to just about all forms of immortality, be it elantrian, Returned, Herald, etc.  Ironic that his Godmetal is the key to Immortality on Scadrial.

Well... sort of. Brandon's made it clear that atium compounding is not a means to true immortality because eventually you reach a point where you can't tap enough stored youth to counteract your Spiritual aspect trying to force you to the age it 'knows' you are. But yes, Ruin would very likely object to any kind of immortality and probably most forms of life-extension with the exception of those that (temporarily) serve his interests. So yeah, I imagine that after dealing with just the Ire he'd probably consider the Elantrians as a whole to be the next best targets for a taste of inevitable entropy.

Nepene

If Ruin had won, what would his long term goals for the Cosmere be?

Brandon Sanderson

Ruin's goals and motives were about fulfilling the needs of the Shard inside of him. It overwhelmed his personality, and corrupted him. He would seek for all things to be reduced to a state of entropic equilibrium.

source

Extremely Relevant. Answer to what Ruin plans to do after Scadrial is to obliterate everthing

Ruin is an Idiot

In our perspective. 

Sazed might even be a mirror image of the "I am the Alpha and Omega" stuff. So he might think the same as Ruin that things will inevitably end or change. Not in a homicidal way tho as we see it

Edited by goody153

• Chaos locked this topic