Hi! Been lurking around, finally made an account

da.mammoth

43 minutes ago, da.mammoth said:

Oooh... Tough choice, but probably Mistborn era 1. Please don't be cruel and make me pick just ONE of the three!

What's yours?

Why would I make you choose? Everyone knows the first book was the best. :P

At the moment, my favourite Sanderson book is The Emporer's Soul. In addition to all the standard Sanderson elements, like great characters and plot, it's beautifully put together. The story flows really well. And you can read it in a single sitting. 

9 minutes ago, da.mammoth said:

I’d like to see someone read OB in a single sitting. Storming marathon read, that would be.

Been there, done that. I read all Sanderson books in a single sitting the first time through because I can't stand putting them down. Oathbringer took me longer than most do, longer even than Lord of the Rings. Roughly 4 and a half hours it took me of solid, uninterrupted reading.

Welcome to Shard!

19 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Been there, done that. I read all Sanderson books in a single sitting the first time through because I can't stand putting them down. Oathbringer took me longer than most do, longer even than Lord of the Rings. Roughly 4 and a half hours it took me of solid, uninterrupted reading.

...and here I managed it in two days and felt impressive...

2 minutes ago, da.mammoth said:

:blink: I couldn't read that fast even if I tried! I think I spent at LEAST a week the first time I read OB, and I dedicated every spare moment to reading it!

Just now, Silva said:

...and here I managed it in two days and felt impressive...

It was the first new book I'd read in a few months, so I was starved for Sanderson content. That's only reason I made it through so fast.

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

It was the first new book I'd read in a few months, so I was starved for Sanderson content. That's only reason I made it through so fast.

That would make a difference. I finished Words of Radiance and picked up Oathbringer. There was no break. ^_^

Welcome @da.mammoth! And Lord Ruler, @Invocation, OB in one sitting? I've been re-reading WoR for the past MONTH and I'm only halfway through it! Of course I only read in the bus, when going to work or back home, so that clearly makes a difference...
Also,

15 hours ago, Ookla the Paragon said:

Why would I make you choose? Everyone knows the first book was the best.

Absolutely agree with that.

1 hour ago, Daydam said:

Welcome @da.mammoth! And Lord Ruler, @Invocation, OB in one sitting? I've been re-reading WoR for the past MONTH and I'm only halfway through it! Of course I only read in the bus, when going to work or back home, so that clearly makes a difference...
Also,

Absolutely agree with that.

I mostly get my reading done in transit to/from work and right before bed as well. But there’s something nice about taking a long time with the books, right? The story lingers longer.