[OB] I need emotional support (spoilers)

Winds Alight

9 hours ago, Rasarr said:

You'll be picking your brain off the floor once per chapter ^_^

This is exactly what I did. :lol:
It's 9:30 am here and I again had less than six hours of sleep because I insisted on reading part five in one go. I mean, how could I possibly have stopped?

I will try to summarize my thoughts:

- The Receance happened because of WHAT
- HUMANS ARE THE REAL VOIDBRINGERS?
- I really, really should have thought of that. I mean. Dawnsingers. Humans very apparently do not really fit into Roshar's biology. Shinovar. HORSES AND "CHICKEN".
- Taravangian NO
- LEAVE ADOLIN ALONE (I was really, really worried for a time here)
- Kaladin being saved instead of saving everyone else: BLISS
- Ten spears go to battle, and nine shatter
- TEFT
- I might be gay for Jasnah Kholin (I'm always gay, but for her, I'm extra gay)
- ROCK PULLING THE SHARDBOW
- Shallan calling Adolin and DALINAR "boys"
- Renarin is autistic, right? I'm pretty sure he is. Also, he is a precious and he needs to be protected
- Adolin and Maya are so, so sweet
- Dalinar and Lift are a gift from the heavens
- So are Lift, Szeth and Nightblood
- Lift needs more time
- The fact that Chiri-Chiri can drink the Fused's Voidlight is going to be important I bet
- DID SZETH JUST CHANGE SIDES WHAT I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS
- YES Dalinar, Taravangian DID team up with the enemy. So maybe you should just throw him off the tower in Urithiru
- Moash, don't be He Who Quiets, be HE WHO IS QUIETENED (by being killed)
- Did Wit just bond a Cryptic?
- Dalinar may be the biggest badass in the world ("Yeah, Imma walk into battle with a book!")
- WAIT IS ZAHEL VASHER? I CAN'T REALLY REMEMBER WARBREAKER I'LL HAVE TO REREAD IT NEXT
- How am I supposed to survive until book 4 comes out?
- Drehy and Skar are my heroes
- Lopen casually recruiting for Bridge Four while even more casually swearing the Second Ideal
- I'm preeetty sure by now that "unite them" doesn't only mean "unite all humans" but "unite humans and listeners"

So.

I'm a mess right now. :rolleyes:
Or rather, I feel like a little nascend Radiant, having overdone it with Stormlight before speaking at least the Second Ideal and being utterly exhausted.

Edited by Winds Alight

Elhokar  in oathbringer  is the character i relate to most.  This scene made me very sad  too.

And i figure there are a couple ways to look at it.

He ultimately  succeeded.  He became the man he was supposed to but the world is a curel place and is  simply unjust.

He ultimately  failed. His best wasnt enough,    and he was never fit to be anything more.

You can attempt  to detach  yourself from the moment and   and consiser that elhokar  finished his character arc and  sanderson wanted  some delicious  tragedy  in this book. ;)

I really  dont think  he lives. But there is somthing  to consider. We dont know what spren he was bonding with. And we dont know all the powers each  knight order  has.  So  its possible  he survived, or will return in some way.

But i think i have a theory about what spren he  almost bonded with.  And i think the cryptic  hoid found in the city  may be related  to elhokar.

Edited by sonoskay

2 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

Kaladin being saved instead of saving everyone else: BLISS

There are so many great moments in the final chapters of OB, but that little scene where Syl hugs Kaladin and says "Maybe it's time for someone to save you..." (as Dalinar opens the portal) is arguable my favourite. It makes me smile every time I think about it ! 

7 hours ago, sonoskay said:

I really  dont think  he lives. But there is somthing  to consider. We dont know what spren he was bonding with. And we dont know all the powers each  knight order  has.  So  its possible  he survived, or will return in some way.

But i think i have a theory about what spren he  almost bonded with.  And i think the cryptic  hoid found in the city  may be related  to elhokar.

You were right. :D

Questioner[PENDING REVIEW]

The spren that Hoid picks up, is that the one meant for Elhokar?

Brandon Sanderson[PENDING REVIEW]

It is, yep.

source

11 hours ago, Winds Alight said:

Or rather, I feel like a little nascend Radiant, having overdone it with Stormlight before speaking at least the Second Ideal and being utterly exhausted.

That's a good way to put it.

Also, please do get some sleep.

On 12.12.2018 at 9:53 AM, Winds Alight said:

This is exactly what I did. :lol:
It's 9:30 am here and I again had less than six hours of sleep because I insisted on reading part five in one go. I mean, how could I possibly have stopped?

I will try to summarize my thoughts:

- The Receance happened because of WHAT
- HUMANS ARE THE REAL VOIDBRINGERS?
- I really, really should have thought of that. I mean. Dawnsingers. Humans very apparently do not really fit into Roshar's biology. Shinovar. HORSES AND "CHICKEN".
- Taravangian NO
- LEAVE ADOLIN ALONE (I was really, really worried for a time here)
- Kaladin being saved instead of saving everyone else: BLISS
- Ten spears go to battle, and nine shatter
- TEFT
- I might be gay for Jasnah Kholin (I'm always gay, but for her, I'm extra gay)
- ROCK PULLING THE SHARDBOW
- Shallan calling Adolin and DALINAR "boys"
- Renarin is autistic, right? I'm pretty sure he is. Also, he is a precious and he needs to be protected
- Adolin and Maya are so, so sweet
- Dalinar and Lift are a gift from the heavens
- So are Lift, Szeth and Nightblood
- Lift needs more time
- The fact that Chiri-Chiri can drink the Fused's Voidlight is going to be important I bet
- DID SZETH JUST CHANGE SIDES WHAT I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS
- YES Dalinar, Taravangian DID team up with the enemy. So maybe you should just throw him off the tower in Urithiru
- Moash, don't be He Who Quiets, be HE WHO IS QUIETENED (by being killed)
- Did Wit just bond a Cryptic?
- Dalinar may be the biggest badass in the world ("Yeah, Imma walk into battle with a book!")
- WAIT IS ZAHEL VASHER? I CAN'T REALLY REMEMBER WARBREAKER I'LL HAVE TO REREAD IT NEXT
- How am I supposed to survive until book 4 comes out?
- Drehy and Skar are my heroes
- Lopen casually recruiting for Bridge Four while even more casually swearing the Second Ideal
- I'm preeetty sure by now that "unite them" doesn't only mean "unite all humans" but "unite humans and listeners"

So.

I'm a mess right now. :rolleyes:

Yes. Brandon Sanderson confirmed that Renarin is on the spectrum. I love this scene in chapter 120 btw.:

Renarin did his best not to squirm. It wasn’t the first hug he’d endured from Rock. But … storms. You weren’t supposed to just grab someone like that. “Why?” Renarin said after the embrace. “You looked like person who needed hug.” “I assure you, I never look like that.

Zahel is Vasher. And I agree with all the other things you wrote as well. 

Thanks again for sharing this roller-coaster ride :D

3 minutes ago, equinox said:

Yes. Brandon Sanderson confirmed that Renarin is on the spectrum. I love this scene in chapter 120 btw.:

Thanks again for sharing this roller-coaster ride :D

You're welcome :D
I guess I figured it out about Renarin quite early, but his viewpoint scenes in the end made it rather clear, though I can't claim to be an expert when it comes to ASD. The scene with Rock you quoted was so heartwarming and sweet. <3

When book 4 comes out, I will be on "life" with everyone else and not lag behind a whole year ;)

18 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

You were right. :D

Oh.

Sweet.  I should find the location  of these Q&A.

I need to know what else i am right about XD

4 hours ago, goody153 said:

This is why i loved the conclusion of Elhokar's character arc. It simply the theme of his life.

I suppose it is.

But its a scary thought that this is merely the justification. On a personal  and philosophical  note, its one of the things that keeps me up at night.

• Chaos locked this topic