A voice boomed out of the Den, counting down. Dwig frowned, his transport hadn't come yet. Just then, a turbocopter landed nearby, deactivating its cloak. Dwig ran over and boarded the craft.

"Head to the warehouse in Elendel," he said to the pilot "I have something to do."

Edited by Dr. Dapper

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lena watched.

That thread's a phenomen. I read every post and still loose track of what happens. Sry for the short post, I don't really have the time to reread everything to try to understand what I missed. I hope it works for you, if not I will gladly edit - tomorrow.

Edited by Sorana

4 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

That's actually wrong, Hellbent didn't even know Tia cards existed...

And he had better ways out on him as a person, namely an elsecaller spike.

But would Compile know that? No.

Anyways, the building wasn't built by Hellbent alone. Someone else had to have assisted - it's way too large of a project to do alone. And that someone (or someones) rightfully may not have trusted Hellbent not to toss them in their when they were done. So THEY would have put it there.

You often complain I make them to smart. This time I intentionally put in a falsehood to show she's not perfect. Glad you caught it.

Red lights blared and a countdown started.

"I don't like the sound of that," Gonev said.

"Uh, there's a guy running towards us," Freedom said. She was the only one looking around the corner at the man.

"Countdowns normally mean explosions," Gonev said. "Explosions mean death. I don't want to die."

Pry bit her lip. She didn't want to leave without the others. She really didn't. So it hurt her extremely deeply to pull out a few tia cards and hand them out. "They lead to the harbor," she said softly. "It's not like we have much of a choice."

Edited by Silva

Basically, I had Compile find a hidden tia card in the cell and they escaped that way. Ark was abstanant that nothing could have gotten past his security so I relented and instead changed it to have Mejin pop in from Shadesmar and get them tia cards that way. He has yet to respond to that, though he likely will be opposed to that as well. 

@Grey Knight

"2... 1..." A raging flash incinerated all view, and the entire place blew up, the sound enough to be heard for fifty miles, at least. Anyone in it... except maybe the epic... was dead. Lava flows covered the wreckage. It was completely delolated. One man, a man wearing black robes, with a shaved head, walked over. He heard voices, voices from the gods. And this... this was where he would build the temples.

Nekorb touched the card just as the explosion detonated.

Far, far away...

I stood up from my chair, yawned, and stretched. Finally, I thought. It took him long enough.

I reached for the lever that would descend me, then hesitated. Might as well do this in style.

I stepped across the room into a circle, closed my eyes, and vanished.

On 1/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, Ark1002 said:

Ambrosia reached up, grabbing his chin, and forced him to look directly into her eyes. "You can't be blamed for that." She glared, her violet eye contrasting with the brown one. "I don't blame you. I regret the loss of life, but. That. Wasn't. Your. Fault. You hear me? I can't blame you." She wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "So, yes, I want to continue this." She kissed him then.

@JacobClaessen

Jac, you gonna respond to this, or... ?

@JacobClaessen

The turbocopter pilot, who had been circling around the Den, called to Dwig

"There's someone down there, trying to get away. Should I go pick him up?" 

Dwig nodded "Yeah. Just try to land carefully."

The pilot skillfully landed the craft nearby Benson and Dwig yanked the door open.

"Hey! You need a ride..." Dwig looked at the mushroom cloud "You probably do. Get in!"

Edited by Dr. Dapper

I appeared silently and invisibly on the remains of the den, shaking my head. Good thing that Nekorb had-

Wait a minute. Nekorb was immune to Investiture. The Tia card wouldn't have worked. Which meant...

"Oh, no..." I whispered. I couldn't let him die. But how could he have survived a nuclear blast?

Edited by xinoehp512

I stood where Nekorb had been standing when the bomb had gone off. There was nothing there but ash. Or was there?

I stopped down and picked up a rock that had somehow avoided being pulverized. I brushed off the soot from the surface and found a strange pattern on it. I held it up for closer inspection. Then I smiled. He was still hanging on, wasn't he? An unexpected benefit to his ability. It looked like there was still a thread, too.

Suddenly, an idea came to me. I thought about it for a moment. Would it work?

I shrugged. Oh well. Better just go with it.

The air shimmered...