• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/11/2018 at 9:17 PM, Darth Woodrack said:

The Jackal grinned underneath his mask. A Chaos marine. This would be useful. Also, bonus! Hellbent hadn't killed him!

"Hello, Crow. I run a small band of elite world hoppers. If you could be so kind, stand in lord, to let us organize a wall of sorts around the base. It will give the fools down there the semblance of safety, even though with you and our great lord Hellbent at the helm, they don't need it. Just to keep them from complaining and disturbing your battle meditation," Jackal said. He was icing his words with a careful persuasive element won from decades in politics on dozens of different worlds, while at the same time putting up the chaos marine, and letting him think that he was only allowing this to keep the riff raff from bothering him.

@Kidpen

"A wall." He grimaced. "What a suck up. You think I don't know one when I see one?"

"I am over a hundred years old. If I wanted more power than you, or Hellbent, I would have already taken it. All I want is to serve Lord Hellbent to the best of my bilities, and that included keeping his subordinates happy. Unless you want a riot on your hands, you should give them something to do. I have been commanding my elites for years, and when I leave them bored they get restless, and disobey me," The Jackal said, his Sandling scale armor glinting under his trench coat, and his arm bands and shuold bad reflecting the sun. They were specially treated with a water proof oil, so they lacked that weakness.

The Jackal grinned under his mask. That had gone surprisingly well. He was still alive, and didn't have to kill anyone. He walked out to face the group, "Listen up! We're building a wall! If the enemy attacks, we can then hold out against them, without relying on Hellbent! He will protect us, but if he isn't here, we must protect ourselves! So, let's get work!"

• 2 weeks later...

Georgia-Gloria flew in through the plane entrance into the Den of Thieves. The best place on earth or a budding revolutionary. Her cloak rippled behind her, blending in with the air, making parts of her torn black suit seem to go invisible as she walked, and the armored boots clinked dramatically. "Hello. I am Gloria. I am here to sell a plane, valuable and full of more valuable cargo, to the highest bidder. I am also here to tell you off a cause. The Great Guilds have ruled long enough, and they're getting more power. They're setting up a government, making them a formidable power. We cannot let that happen. So I'm starting a revolution." Her speech went on, rambling. The crowd of rowdy men, women, and chaos marines was hooked on her every word. Then Crow walked up. "Shut up. This is not the place for rebellion, but a place for villainy." She glared at him, hate filled, but stopped. Hell, he shut that down fast. She surveyed the crowd, and could see some were still interested in her cause, would join, would help it grow. Crow looked at her through his helmet. "Now, you said you had a plane to sell. Get to it."

Lena followed Georgia quietly. She had heard of this, place but rarely visited herself. Curiously she looked around, noted a few familiar faces and lots of strangers.

"That plane."

She pointed behind them at the plane.

"It's full with expensive, high quality cargo."

The man turned towards her, eyed the plane suspiciously.

"And where's the catch?"

Lena hesitated, waited if Georgia or Gonev wanted to step in.

@Silva

@Ark1002

Georgia-Gloria smiled. "Money. We want your money." She walked up, showing off the plane. "It will cost you, but it's a good plane, and as it belonged to Alleyzon..." She smiled wildly. "It can track their packages." She smiled. "Yes, it will cost plenty." She walked up to the man, poking his chest. "But." Poke. "It's." Poke. "Worth." Poke. "Every." Poke. "Penny." She smiled, turning back and gesturing to the plane. "Buy it before anyone else!" She smiled like a gameshow host, looking at the people condescendingly. "The plane goes to the highest bidder."

Crow looked at him. "Lost his memory you say..." He grinned, shouting. "GET THE MAN A BEER!" Yes, yes. He is weak, but I can't risk an attack... but now... that means I'm in charge until he comes back. Crow stood, laughing slightly. He had power, and he loved it. He snapped his fingers, and a man came up, holding a giant mug of ale. HE slurped some, then walked up behind Dwig, whispering in his ear. "Don't tell anyone else what you said..." Then he clapped the man on the shoulder, and began to drink. 

"The smartest clipper you can find is,
Ho eh, ho ah, are you most done?
Shes the Margaret Evans on a blue sky line!
Clear away the track and let the bulgine run. 

To my aye rig a jig in a junting gun,
With Eliza Lee all on my knee,

Oh the Margaret Evans on the blue star line,
Shes never a day behind the time,

To my aye rig a jig in a junting gun,
With Eliza Lee all on my knee,
Clear away the track and let the bulgine run. "

The Acutes glanced at each other. Gone the man had said? Light rubbed the brand on her forehead. So...what did that mean?

Dawn began to edge along the wall. Brethren tapped her arm and gave her look. She gestured at Crow. He shook his head. Dawn rolled her eyes and imitated the man drinking, but rejoined the others. Brethren smiled gratefully.

---

Gonev didn't like the place. It was filled with too many people who looked like they could smash him into a pulp without even trying or caring. The sooner the plane was sold, the better.

Edited by Silva

Lena stared at Crow and inwardly rolled her eyes. He was ... strange. Hopefully he really had the money to pay for the plane, give them their share and be done with it.

She looked over those assembled and saw ten people edging along the wall, eyeing Crow. Interesting. She observed them out of the corner of her eye and looked back at Crow.

"Do you want to buy the plane, or not?"

Edited by Sorana

Crow smiled. "I'll take it." He threw a bag of Crysts at her, a hundred thousand. Easily more then the plane was worth, but he was too drunk to care. He stumbled, getting up and walking to the throne. He nearly threw up, and missed the throne to end up sitting on the floor. In the end, he stumbled into a sideroom, hiccuping. He stuck his head out for a second to tell the people working for him to take the plane away. Working for me! I like the sounds of that.... He hiccuped, then fell on the bed, which broke beneath him. He was asleep before his head his the ground.

Georgia-Gloria smiled, taking her share gladly. She bought herself a drink, chugged it, and belched loudly. Then she began the speech again, telling them of the new government, the corruption of the Great Guilds. Even the Chaos Marine's seemed horrified at some of their actions, and ready to rebel. She smiled, it was going great. "You could even rebel against Crow, choose a better leader." She felt breathing on her neck. She turned, scared. Everything went dark.

~~~

Crow stood there, panting, above the woman's limp body. "Take her away." Then he turned to the forces. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT??" He screamed at them, raged. He killed one for being insolent, another for not leaving quick enough. Finally he was left in an empty bar. Breathing heavily, he sat down. Lucky that jolt had woken him. Bastards, the lot of them. He drank again.

Crow saw some woman path his vision, and considered attacking her. He wanted to kill. But that wouldn't be good, attacking an innocent thief after that. He considered screaming at her, getting her away. He ruled that out as well. He considered having her assassinated, just as revenge. But he ruled that out. He didn't trust assassins, and attacking a thief would waste an assassin, and his money. In the end he sunk back into his beer. Bastards, the lot of them. He drank again.

Sorana, there actually were ten there...:ph34r:

"You can give it to them," Gonev told Lena before she left. "I'll meet you back at the base."

With that he left, not realizing he was being tailed.

---

Freedom hurried after one of the people who had sold something to Crow. He looked so average she hadn't noticed him until he'd spoken. She was draining some age into a thin atium ring on her hand - enough for her to pass as closer to twenty and so she'd be able to pretend to be one of them. Precious would be able to cover for her and worst case even pretend to be her. They looked similar enough when Freedom went around at fourteen instead of twelve. 

Once outside she breathed a sigh of relief and continued to follow the man.

I'll have all of them do something next time ^_^.

Light shrugged. Precious poked Freedom. Freedom poked her back. Unity groaned. Dawn chuckled. Brethren glared at her. Lineage looked around with big eyes. Compile bit her lip in thought. Warmer did nothing. Eon copied him.

Freedom is Precious, but Unity is the true Dawn of the light. We could spend Eon's free, but if we Compile'd the most valuable moments in human Lineage, it would be when we stood with our Brethren, a Warmer world.

Sorry, I couldn't help trying to make there names sound like something profound...

Dusk and Thel stood away from the Den. An observer had seen them when it flew a couple of miles away from them. It saw some Hellbent cultist so Dusk got involved. Their were several interdimensional criminals, so the Precursors had showed up to deal with them. They were marshaling their forces. They needed to get rid of the anti aircraft cannons so they could get air support. Dusk pulled out a cutlass from his scabbard of infinite cutlasses, "TO WAR!" He yelled.

The Jackal watched this from a telescope, "Well, I guess it's a good thing to we built that wall. LET'S GET READY FOR WAR FOLKS! WE HAVE FIVE MINUTES! CAPONE, I WANT YOUR MEN ON TOP OF THE WALL IN POSITION TO TAKE OUT THE FRONT LINE! STREET GANG ALLIANCE, YOU ARE OUT FRONT LINE! THEY BREAK THE WALL, YOU TAKE THEM OUT! PICKETS! BACK UP THE STREET GANG! GET IN POSITION!"

This is a preparation. The Black Crusade is not involved yet, and I will start the attack tomorrow.

@Grey Knight

Edited by Darth Woodrack