In what world did you think I was going to let Precious get hit by a shardblade if there was an alternative? Anyways, I edited to make it "fair." Mejin canonically had that ring (thank Nohadon 16YP) - it was meant to be her escape route, but again, wrenches, there's always another way.

Realistically, yes, it would be very close. But seeing as Precious is lucky she would make it out in time.

@Ark1002

Edited by Silva

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/13/2019 at 1:37 PM, Silva said:

Standing in the hallway were two Space Marines in front of a cell door facing off a small man.

Actually, it was only one guy. But I'll take the extra numbers! :lol:

One of the Space Marines, his pauldrons trimmed with a bright red, took a quick step back from the man. 

The hallway suddenly exploded into a maelstrom of gunfire as two combat squads of Terminators materialized and opened fire. The small man disappeared* in a hail of bolter shells, a hail of sparks and metal debris filling the air where he once was.

The red-trimmed Terminator, ignoring the chaotic gun-show, turned around and looked right at Freedom.

*I said "disappeared", not "killed". Interpret this how you will, Ark. For all I know, the small man is immune to bullets, and just knocked on his butt right now.

@Silva @Ark1002

Edited by Grey Knight

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Luck wouldn't affect that. It would at least hit a single leg, if it didn't go all the way through.

Another argument -_-?

Okay then. You said 

19 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

She had no room to dodge.

which already wouldn't be possible since 

19 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

They were left in a room little larger than a closet in length, though still as wide as a hallway.

and there obviously would be room. But whatever. We'll ignore that for know.

Step by step. Tell me please, if with it written out like this, you still see issues. This is just what happened

Crow is tall. In order for her to swing at Precious' legs, her sword would be angled downwards. The edge of Crow's sword is coming towards Precious. Mejin blocks it with the flat of her sword. Also angled downwards, digging slightly into the ground. Remember it's the part as wide as a hand that intercepts it. Yeah, the swords are still moving towards Precious, but much slower. Mejin is next to Precious. If any sword hits her, it's hers. And hers is the flat way so even if it did hit her it wouldn't cause injury. Sword safety 101.While the swords are moving, Mejin tells Precious to get out of there and she does. 

Freedom's eyes widened as she made eye contact. Shaking slightly, she took a step forward into the hallway.

@Grey Knight

8 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

One of the Space Marines, his pauldrons trimmed with a bright red, took a quick step back from the man. 

The hallway suddenly exploded into a maelstrom of gunfire as two squads of Terminators teleported in and opened fire. The small man disappeared* in a hail of bolter shells, a hail of sparks and metal debris filling the air where he once was.

The red-trimmed Terminator, ignoring the chaotic gun-show, turned around and looked right at Freedom.

*I said "disappeared", not "killed". Interpret this how you will, Ark. For all I know, the small man is immune to bullets, and just knocked on his butt right now.

@Silva @Ark1002

No, that's still godmodding, and I don't appreciate the terminator's interferal. I had a set number of forces, those are both OP and not welcome. Please change that.

Dwig ran down a hallway, through a door, up some stairs and onto the roof, gun drawn and steel burning in his stomach. He pulled some nails out of a compartment in the vambrace of his power armor and held them in his hand, ready to Push them into enemies.

He scanned the fray, looking for a challenge. A woman, not wearing armor, stood at the center of the battle. Fireballs materialized in the air around her. A channeler. That would work, Dwig felt the coolness of the medallion he wore against his chest and grinned. A worthy challenge, providing she didn’t just tie him up with Air.

Dwig shoved an eager Shardbearer out of the way, firing a shot into their helm and Pushing on it. He ran, jumped and Pushed his way towards the channeler, careful to not use his speed. On the way, he holstered his revolver, and drew his laser pistol, jamming a new clip into it.

Dwig stopped a few feet away from the channeler, and fired a shot past her head, to get her attention.

Benson watched the battle in disbelief. Another steel compounder? It is on.

He burns his steel mind and dashes at Dwig. He slams a fist into his chest and snatches his guns. He then crouches down and sweeps the legs from beneath Dwig. Not wanting to kill a compounder like himself, he scours the rest of Dwig's person, looking for any valuables or weapons.

Well, Ark said I can blow everything up now, so here goes.

Also, this is one of my best works, in my opinion, so please read the whole thing.

The Jackal and some black knights moved forwards towards Walker. Walker's and the Jackal's elites met on either side of them, and began to fight. The battles seemed even, but every now and again one bean to get the upper hand. Silva bashed in the face of one of the black guards with her lightning claws, while Thel and Redken moved in on the others.

"I know that you study your enemies, and that is why you win so often," The Jackal said, spinning around Walker, his staff at the ready, "Let's see how you do when you can't study your opponent at all,"

Walker spun his blades, and block the Jackal's attack. He opened his mouth to speak, but the Jackal hit him in the face with his mask, knocking him back. He used his speed and sprung up, running behind the Jackal and taking some shots with his rifle at him, which the Jackal spun round and easily got on his staff. Thel finished off his black guards, by crushing ones skull and ramming a plasma blade through the face of the other. He leaped forwards and slashed at The Jackal, only to be caught not the back of his staff, and getting knocked over. The Jackal leaped up, and over Walker, who had started running at him, and hit him with the blunt part of his staff, sending him to the ground.

"Not very well I take it," The Jackal said, the gem in his mask glowing.

Walker got up, wearily, and rolled his neck. He pulled out his blades and flared his steel. He charged at the Jackal moving as fast as he could, and was caught on the blade of his staff, his sentinel jacket ripping, and his chain mail snapping. He screamed in pain, and moved backwards as fast as possible, leaving the first two inches of the Jakcal's spear blade coated in his blade. He clutched his gut as he backed up. The Jackal stalked forwards, when Redken smashed into his side, and slashed his shard blade at his neck. It was caught on the staff, and the Jackal kicked him off. He spun his staff, and Redken charged forwards swinging his katana shard blade at the Jakcal's face, with the blade being blocked by his staff. Then the Jakcal split is staff and spun the lower blade around, and jammed it through the eye slit, and put all six inches into Redken's skull.

"NOOOO!!!" Thel screamed, charging forwards, swinging his scarlet blades at the Jackal. The Jackal responded by blocking them both, and then sending a weak division surge through his armor, knocking him to the ground, and stomped hard on his face, putting him out of the fight, for now.

Silva charged forwards, swinging her claws, and the Jackal tried to hit her, but missed, as she jump packed out of the way. She barreled towards him, pulling out her storm bolter and sending a hail of penetrator rounds towards him. He dashed to the side, and leaped up, filling the area with his dark aura as he went. He ran around behind her and kicked her hard in the back of the helmet, and jammed his staff into her back, before leaping over her, and summoning it to his hand. It scraped it's way through her armor, and starached her spine, before she spun around, and got it out of her armor. After she did this, The Jackal charged forwards and got his blade under her helmet, prying it off, and hit her int he back of the head. He didn't want the full force of the Black Crusade down on him, so he didn't kill her.

The spire rumbled and lava began to spill out of some cracks int he wall, "Alchemist, we need air lift, now," He said into a hidden comm.

He walked at Walker again, who had stumbled up and was grabbing Redken's shard blade, bonding to it. He kicked him in the face knocking him down, and raising his blade above his head, poised to end Walker, once and for all.

"Any last words?" The Jackal said to Walker, ironically.

"There is a distraction behind you," Walker said, pointing behind the Jackal.

"You seriously expect me to fall for that. Everyone knows that Distractions don't live this close to the poll," The Jackal said before the Distraction Zack was riding kicked him in the back, knocking him over.

"NO ONE KILLS WALKER, BUT ME!" Zack said before he leaped down and punched at the Jackal. In bewilderment, the Jackal only managed to roll out of hte way, and didn't come up with a counter attack.

"What in rust and ruin?" He said, getting into a fighting stance, "I thought you worked for me!"

"Yeah, but he's my cousin you sparking blowhard," Zack responded, before pulling out his guns and firing a couple dozen shots at the Jackal. 

The Jackal moved to the side, easily avoiding the shots, and dashed forwards. He slashed at Zack, who dodged around, jumping backwards, and flipping as he did so. The Jackal through his staff at his till jumping form, and hit him in the leg, knocking him to the ground. Zack grimaced, and it was all h could do not to scream. He got off another couple shots at the Jackal, as his opponent dashed forwards.

"I'm afraid I will have to terminate our business relationship, old friend," He said as he stomped Zack's gun hand into the ground and punched him int he face, knocking him out. He was about to stab him, but Sarah teleported in behind him and stabbed him in the back with he dagger. It slid off his armor, and he spun around, trying to hit her, but she had already disappeared.

He looked out and started spinning his staff. She re appeared behind him two seconds later, and he slashed across her arm with his blade, and she immediately teleported away, and pulled out a sewing needle stitching the wound up. He dashed forwards, and drove his blade through her neck. She would respawn in her apartment in Alleycity in 48 hours, but he had put her out of the fight. He walked over to Walker, again to tab him, and was about to decapitate him, before Walker blocked it with his new shardblade. The jackal split his blade again, and slashed at Walker's face, sling open his cheek. He was about to stab him through the head when a sandling hit him in the side, and sent him flying.

"OWW!!!" Garry yelled, as his water proof, porous, bones fractured.

"What is happening?!" The Jackal yelled as he spun up. A deep rumbling went through the spire, and lava began to pour from the walls, "Rust and Ruin! EVERYONE! GET OUT! IT'S GONNA BLOW!"
Dusk yelled almost the same thing, and the crawlers abandoned the spire, and an eagle came in to get the advance team out. The Jackal escaped with his group an they flew away. The team was bandaged,  and Walker was helped to his feet by a pair of super lifeless. The looked as the spire began to erupt into lava and fall apart.

The Jackal flew away looking down at the place that used to be the Den of Thieves. He shook his head. It was a disaster. He called the leaders of the crime groups that were their, "Hello. I'm the Jackal. I have a proposal for you."

"I need a drink," Walker said to Melody, who Darth Woodrack assumed would have gotten onto the plane with him.

"AI!" Yelled the entire army, including the sandling in a sling.

@Blessing of Potency @Ark1002

13 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

He burns his steel mind and dashes at Dwig. He slams a fist into his chest and snatches his guns. He then crouches down and sweeps the legs from beneath Dwig. Not wanting to kill a compounder like himself, he scours the rest of Dwig's person, looking for any valuables or weapons.

I know that you are new, so you won’t be in any trouble. But this post is considered godmodding, because you aren’t giving dwig the opportunity to reply and react to your characters actions.

That is generally against the rules in the RP, as it limits the other players ability to act.

I would suggest editing your post to remove the godmodding.

You could say something like: 

He burns his steel mind and dashes at Dwig. He aims a punch at his chest and tried snatches his guns. He then crouches down and tries to sweep the legs from beneath Dwig. 

This way dwig can dodge or move around, which he should probably be able to do if he is a steel compounder. 

A blur appeared next to Dwig and punched him in the chestplate. He laughed, anyone who punched a power armor user was obviously a novice to this. He tapped steel and everything slowed down and his assailant became visible. He raised his pistol and fired a shot in the man's direction and held out his other hand, summoning Pureblade. 

Then the tower began to crumble.

Dwig groaned and ran towards the side, jumping off and Pushing on the weapons. He flew forward in a gentle arc. He tossed a nail when he was about 15 feet up and Pushed, slowing himself down until he landed with a thunk. He had forgotten about Pureblade in his haste and began to summon it again.

@beantheboy12

Edited by Dr. Dapper

Crow shouted as the world crumbled. The Path to Hell had lived up to its name. The room crumbled around him, heavy steel spikes falling, lava spurting from the walls. Anyone in it would be dead within the minute. She grimaced, throwing the shardblade at the woman, in case she had a way out, and tapped the button on her chestplate. Voice command. She spoke quickly. "Activate: Superblast." Red flashes filled the entire fortress, and loud blares could be heard from anywhere there. A robotic voice played. "Warning. The Path to Hell will explode in 10… 9..." She grabbed the elsecaller fabrial, and disappeared into the Cognitive Realm.

@Silva

~~~

The man growled as he fell. It barely affected him, after all. He was an epic. He stood, a dark look on his face. He had left before Calamity, and the darkness had overcome him. Diamond spike grew from his hands, large ones, and pulverized the nearest marines, filling them. His body was diamond at the core, just skin on top. His eyes glinted, black diamond. Spikes grew from his back until he resembled a white demon, with black crystalline eyes. He sprinted towards the remainder.

@Grey Knight @Sorana @Silva

~~~

Ambrosia cried out where she stood as the thing shook. Lava spurted an inch from her, and she felt her foot die. Her leg burning like hell, she pulled out her gemheart, clutching Silas. She sucked in stormlight, healing the injury as much as she could, deadening the pain, but hell. She kissed Silas, then teleported.

She cried, falling on the grass. They were fifteen miles away, though the fortress was still visible, like some dark mountain in the distance, lava flowing down it and shaking. Something flashing red. She cradled the injury, tears flowing freely. "To whatever bastard caused that..." Her voice was laced with pain, but anger was the predominant emotion. "The lives he just removed..." She made a rude gesture at the sky, then fell back down, strength leached from her. She tried to grin as she looked at Silas from where she sat. "I... love you."

@JacobClaessen

Dusk walked over to Walker, and looked him over.

"That cheek is gonna scar, and your lucky everything blew up when it did, or you would be bleeding out right now" He said.

"Cool. I just want to get that Jackal headed guy. Do you think we should open a bar here?"

"Yeah. I have a bar set up being flown in right now, and a manager is riding in. It will be here in three posts time,"

"Oh look mimes!"

@Ark1002

"Y'know what, I love you too. In fact, I think I might love you a bit more than anything else I've ever seen. A lot more. Since the last time I saw you, I’ve been lacking anything beautiful in my life. I went to an art gallery, but nothing worked for that there. Then I went to a symphony, hoping for something there. Once again, nothing. I went home in a funk, but I heard a song in the car. One line said “I saw your face and that’s the last I’ve seen of my heart.” I quickly realized how true that was. So,” Silas continued, fingering the box in his pocket, “I decided I didn’t want to live any more of my life without something as beautiful as you, Ambrosia. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, Ambrosia Vin Nightshade, will you marry me?”

@Ark1002

Edited by bees?

Ambrosia felt tears fill her eyes. Elation, happiness, she wanted this more than anything else. The tears flew quickly, and she wiped her nose. Realizing she hadn't said anything else, she wiped her nose and, her voice shaky, responded. "Yes. I'd love that more than anything." She hugged him.

@JacobClaessen

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

The man growled as he fell. It barely affected him, after all. He was an epic. He stood, a dark look on his face. He had left before Calamity, and the darkness had overcome him. Diamond spike grew from his hands, large ones, and pulverized the nearest marines, filling them. His body was diamond at the core, just skin on top. His eyes glinted, black diamond. Spikes grew from his back until he resembled a white demon, with black crystalline eyes. He sprinted towards the remainder.

Just to be clear, before I respond- you are aware that diamond shatters when hit by a hammer, right? Maybe a material like fantasy-crystal-that-does-not-break would be better against high-penetration, exploding bolt shells. 

But, you do you, in the end. Probably doesn’t matter that much.