496 posts in this topic

Ambrosia smiled, and hugged him back. "Don't worry. I'm glad."

@NessealcBocaj

I hate sticking weaknesses in like this, but there really wasn't another good option here. Hopefully Lena carries some poison supplies around with her.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:58 AM, Sorana said:

Lena nodded.

"Do you know where to find the rest? Or do we get them out first?"

"In a cell somewhere, Precious had the key," Pry said, turning to her. That was when she noticed that it she had atium earrings and not chromium. Freedom. "Oh, storms."  

Freedom slipped a hand into one of Pry's pockets and pulled out the key. "Well, she left it here," she said. "We can find them ourselves."

But why would she ever go off on her own? Pry wondered. In what world would she think that a good idea? "Find them, yes, but not take them out until Crow's dead or Light's knocked out. It's a long story I don't want to get into right now."

"Unless..." Freedom mused, "Does anyone have poppy seed dust? The more potent the better, but even weak would do."

8 minutes ago, Silva said:

"Unless..." Freedom mused, "Does anyone have poppy seed dust? The more potent the better, but even weak would do."

Lena shook her head, then pulled out a small bottle. A grin spread over her face. Finally this started to be fun.

"I don't. But I've got something to put people to sleep. Does that work as well?"

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena shook her head, then pulled out a small bottle. A grin spread over her face. Finally this started to be fun.

"I don't. But I've got something to put people to sleep. Does that work as well?"

"That could work," Freedom said. "Now the only problem is finding them."

1 minute ago, Silva said:

"That could work," Freedom said. "Now the only problem is finding them."

Shrugging Lena pulled out a coin.

"If you have no idea, where they are -"

She flipped the coin into the air, caught it and placed it on her hand. A number looked at her.

"Then let's go left."

Gonev shrugged as well and started walking, hoping others would go too.

Pry followed. Freedom glanced at Lena before starting to walk as well.

@Sorana @xinoehp512

Nekorb followed.

What are we doing now?

KoTiel ran through the hallways, Trying to follow Dwig. After a few turns they slowed down, though. "Guess I lost him," they said to themselves. Continuing to walk, they reached a larger, open room. Just as they walked through it, they saw a number of chaos marines enter through another door. "Ah, rust," they said, while the marines charged at them. The front one hit them away, hurling them towards the wall. Smacking against the wall, KoTiel leaned against it, dazed, while the marine rushed forward again, intending to finish them off. KoTiel tapped zinc, getting just enough awareness back to see the marine, and dropped to the ground, dodging under the fist. Creating some distance, they started preparing themselves.
Taking a stance, they started channeling the Dor into their bones, and slowly started burning their zinc, and felt their thoughts speed up, world slowing down. At the same time, the marines surrounding them rushed forwards, intent on killing them.
Inhale. KoTiel saw the marines, knew how they moved. Why wouldn't they move that way? After examining all possibilities, it was the only one that worked. Exhale. They moved in between the arms, the punches, and moved towards one of the marines, punching their chest, fist moving with unnatural speed. The armor block it, cracking, but not breaking. They kept moving, dodging fists, tackles, kicks, hitting marines on their armor. The whole time, they shifted their flesh around, keeping their body moving as fast as possible. "Faster," they thought, as they dodged a punch by a hair's breadth. "Faster." They increased the amount of Dor they channeled, their bones growing hot. They turned, punching a marine on their breastplate, breaking through it, smashing their chest. They moved around, trying to calculate the movements of the rest of the marines. They increased the burn of their zinc, flaring it, until the world stood still, and they calculate everything, moving between the marines, untouched, always finding the weak-spots in their their armor, destroying it as they danced among them. Increasing the amount of Dor they used, they killed a second marine, and a third, always moving at impossible speeds, with impossible strength, not even noticing the burning from their bones.
their mind went blank, and they fell to the ground. The Dor vanished from their bones, now brittle, and all strength faded from their body. Their zinc faded out, not because their stores ran out, but because their powers had faded out. Without it, their mind felt dull, blank. One of the marines put his boot through their chest, and they stopped moving.

Slowly, KoTiel crawled along the ground, trying to get into the alley. There, they collapsed. "It's getting dark," they thought. "Where is KanMien? It's been so long, they should have been here already." They looked up to the sky, seeing the sun. "I see," they thought. "I'm dying." They thought back, thinking about their life, when they first came to being in the Homeland, their mentor, how she had disappeared, and how they met again after the Catacendre. Coming to the alleys, and finding the Dark Alley, their mind skipping over how they got inducted, their loyalty spike working even now. They thought of KanMien, how they felt when they created them, and they smiled. They felt the blood leaving their body, and wrote something on the ground. Smiling, they stopped moving,

KanMien ran through the alleys, hoping that they weren't too late. They had received KoTiel's message while getting back from the wedding, and immediately hurried towards their location. Rounding the corner, they saw a body lying on the ground, fleshing dripping off a disintegrating skeleton. "No, no, no, no, no," they said, anxiously. They saw the shapes in the bone, and the spikes coming out of their body, and knew they were looking at KoTiel. Sinking to their knees besides them, they looked him over. Silently, they took his spikes, two copper spikes coming apart as they touched them, three other spikes remaining, a brass and a bronze spike, warped, as if heated for too long, and a single spike they couldn't identify, which slowly crumbled as well. They palmed the two remaining spikes, and looked over to what remained of their hand, and saw a message written in blood.

When they came back, they went to their room, and stored away the spikes in a vial of blood, and went to bed. Lying there, they slowly started crying, still thinking about KoTiel's last message for them: "KanMien, be yourself."

On 1/5/2019 at 5:49 PM, Silva said:

Don't stress. Precious sunk closer to the ground as Crow's arms reached for her, there was movement in the corner of her eye, but for the moment she ignored it. Aim straight. She tapped Luck and flicked a small easily poppable projectile towards the thin gap in his helmet. Beneath it there was bound to be something affected by a splash highly-concentrated pepper spray. Even Chaos Marines had flesh, somewhere. And with her luck there was no way it wouldn't hit her target.

Crow saw something move towards his ace. Angry, he swatted it an inch from his eye. It burst, and spray hit his eye. He bellowed, his eye glowing red at levels it would almost blind anyone looking. Howling, he ripped off his helmet. And he... was a she? She glowered at the little girl. Her voice wasn't deep anymore. That had been the helmet. It was deeper then the average woman, but still feminine. "You." She glowered, one eye swollen shut, an angry red. Her arms shot out, still moving unnautuarly fast, towards the girls arms. "You have no idea what you've done."

11 hours ago, Silva said:

Gonev shrugged as well and started walking, hoping others would go too.

Pry followed. Freedom glanced at Lena before starting to walk as well.

Lena answered the glance still grinning at the prospect to poison someone.

Then she followed Gonev.

I have absolutely no idea. I'm a bit lost regarding this thread. I simply follow where ever Silva's character go and hope she has a plan. B)

@xinoehp512

On 1/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, Ark1002 said:

Crow saw something move towards his ace. Angry, he swatted it an inch from his eye. It burst, and spray hit his eye. He bellowed, his eye glowing red at levels it would almost blind anyone looking. Howling, he ripped off his helmet. And he... was a she? She glowered at the little girl. Her voice wasn't deep anymore. That had been the helmet. It was deeper then the average woman, but still feminine. "You." She glowered, one eye swollen shut, an angry red. Her arms shot out, still moving unnautuarly fast, towards the girls arms. "You have no idea what you've done."

Can you respond to this?

@Silva

Yes. Getting to it. Why are you even awake?

The girl was pulled backwards a feet feet, faster. "I'm right here if you need me," a voice whispered in her ear. Precious nodded her head the slightest bit.

"I know exactly what I've done," Precious said, "but I haven't the slightest idea of why I shouldn't have done what I did."

@Ark1002

---

The hallway seemed to go on forever. Finally they reached an intersection.

"Left, right, or straight?" Gonev asked.

@Sorana @xinoehp512

On 1/12/2019 at 3:53 AM, Sorana said:

I have absolutely no idea. I'm a bit lost regarding this thread. I simply follow where ever Silva's character go and hope she has a plan. B)

I used to have a plan. Then a wrench got thrown into it. Now I'm trying to go around the wrench to mostly resume the planned course and pretend everything's going perfectly. :P

Best summary of me: the wrench in everyone's plans.:P

4 hours ago, Silva said:

The hallway seemed to go on forever. Finally they reached an intersection.

"Left, right, or straight?" Gonev asked.

Lena looked at him for a moment and then rolled a die.

"Right."

She announced.

They went right. Then left. Left again. Straight. Left. Right. 

Gonev kept track of the turns in his mind, just in case they couldn't find an easier way out.

Left. Straight. Straight. Right. Right.

"Left," he said, deciding this time. Freedom peeked her head around the corner.

"Uh, guys?" she said softly. "I think we found it."

Standing in the hallway were two Space Marines in front of a cell door facing off a small man.

@Ark1002 @Grey Knight @Sorana @xinoehp512

I had been hoping for Grey and Ark to continue/resolve that before we got there, but...

2 minutes ago, Silva said:

"Uh, guys?" she said softly. "I think we found it."

Lena peeked around the corner and then whispered to Freedom:

"Alright, what's our plan? Who are they?"

4 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena peeked around the corner and then whispered to Freedom:

"Alright, what's our plan? Who are they?"

"They're Space Marines," Freedom whispered back. "Bad for enemies, but good to have on your side." She looked down the hall again. "The short guy probably is way more capable then he looks. Either way, no matter who is good or bad, we can't beat either in a head-on fight." 

7 minutes ago, Silva said:

"They're Space Marines," Freedom whispered back. "Bad for enemies, but good to have on your side." She looked down the hall again. "The short guy probably is way more capable then he looks. Either way, no matter who is good or bad, we can't beat either in a head-on fight." 

"So we need to get them out of the way and find they key? Do you know anything about the key?"

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"So we need to get them out of the way and find they key? Do you know anything about the key?"

Pry held it up again. "Precious slipped it to me before she left. I showed it to Freedom earlier. At least, I'm under the impression it's the key."

10 minutes ago, Silva said:

Pry held it up again. "Precious slipped it to me before she left. I showed it to Freedom earlier. At least, I'm under the impression it's the key."

Probably a stupid question: but are they npcs?

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Probably a stupid question: but are they npcs?

No. Really good question actually. They never really were meant to be used besides in CDS, but in this thread I've been using all eleven of them like characters. So the Acutes are basically PCs that, with the exception of Freedom and Pry, won't likely ever be PC again after this thread. 

8 hours ago, Silva said:

The girl was pulled backwards a feet feet, faster. "I'm right here if you need me," a voice whispered in her ear. Precious nodded her head the slightest bit.

"I know exactly what I've done," Precious said, "but I haven't the slightest idea of why I shouldn't have done what I did."

@Ark1002

She lumbered forwards. "Any Chaos who see me will know I am female. I will have to prove my strength a hundred times more." My power... all of my power... she grimaced. "I don't even know why I continue living any further." She considered carefully, thinking of the command she could pull. Self destruct... she shook her head. She would prove her power, she would survive. And she would break this woman's will. An insane glint appeared in her eye, and a smile to match. She stomped the last few steps up to her, clanking ominously. She hit a button on her breast, and activated the command. "Lock location: Maximum." Thick steel slammed down on the hallway, incredibly sharp spikes shoved out of the ceiling. The sounds of other doors clanking down could be heard. They were left in a room little larger than a closet in length, though still as wide as a hallway. Even the floor had a set of steel layers underneath. The shardblade glinted as she swung it at the girls legs. She had no room to dodge.

Grey, can we do that now? The man and the two marines?

@Grey Knight

Ok, so who should Dwig help?

15 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

She lumbered forwards. "Any Chaos who see me will know I am female. I will have to prove my strength a hundred times more." My power... all of my power... she grimaced. "I don't even know why I continue living any further." She considered carefully, thinking of the command she could pull. Self destruct... she shook her head. She would prove her power, she would survive. And she would break this woman's will. An insane glint appeared in her eye, and a smile to match. She stomped the last few steps up to her, clanking ominously. She hit a button on her breast, and activated the command. "Lock location: Maximum." Thick steel slammed down on the hallway, incredibly sharp spikes shoved out of the ceiling. The sounds of other doors clanking down could be heard. They were left in a room little larger than a closet in length, though still as wide as a hallway. Even the floor had a set of steel layers underneath. The shardblade glinted as she swung it at the girls legs. She had no room to dodge.

Another shardblade intercepted it at an awkward angle - it wouldn't hold long. "Tap the ring," Mejin muttered quickly to Precious. Anyone who hadn't grown up with her her quick talking would have heard gibberish. But Precious had known Mejin a long time and tapped the ring that had been her birthday present from her a few years back. How like her to hide an escape route in a gift. Then she was gone.

"Forty-two percent of women face workplace sexism in some places," Mejin said, adjusting her grip. Sorry Lei. she thought. "That doesn't mean they also think killing other women is the way to prove themselves."

She had lots of steel. Bendalloy too, though that would be slightly less useful. It was time to finish this.

I left hints that she was in the room this time. This shouldn't be a surprise.

Edited by Silva

I saw it, and noticed, but I didn't believe you would use it that way so soon. I would like to request that you don't use the Tia card, I find that unfair.
Also, that just wouldn't work. With armor and physical enhancements, the shardblade would just keep going, albeit slower. It would still hit Precious.

@Silva

Can you please respond?

@JacobClaessen

You can choose either side, fighting the channeler would be cool though.

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by Ark1002