• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ark I assume that the marines were attacking Dusk, not Walker or the Jackal. Tell me when I should blow the place up.

Well, we’re kind of good guys to. We are here to round up criminals and stop murders. Dusk doesn’t have the best reasons to be here, but that’s not important.

Also, my next post is going to be a really longs duel between all my characters, that I would prefer ended in the spire collapsing.

As the Marines charged, Dusk sent in his remaining thousand berserkers. They were in equal number to the marines, but with the climbers on the sealing, it might be enough. Plasma rained down the marines. As they turned their attention upwards, the berserkers hit them head on. The first two hundred fought the berserkers, slashing and shooting their way through them. The others started firing upwards, and started hitting the Climbers and knocking them down. Before long the more than a thousand climbers were shot down, and the Berserkers were slaughtered, with only four hundred casualties on the marine side. The riot troopers moved in, and the managed to take out some chaos marines, but had mass casualties. Before the pulled out they had managed to kill another hundred, but their were only a couple dozen of them left. Then the Super Lifless went in, their half shards at the ready, and a hail of bullets followed them. About twenty of the marines died before they reached the battle field, but when they did, it was slaughter. The marines easily cut through them, losing only one hundred and eighty marines to the Lifless one thousand five hundred. They charged at the Precursors, and they were met by a hail of bullets hitting them. Then the Hyper Lifless took to the field. Alpha(Hellbent body) and Beta(Atticus body) charged in, with Alpha slamming into them, crushing their armor, and blasting them with plasma guns on it’s wrists. It grabbed one by the head and by a leg, lifted him over it’s head, and ripped it in half. Beta blasted through them with it’s head cannon, an beat them physically through it’s size. Before going through the proces it had been as tall as an average armored chaos marine, and now it was much taller. It crushed them with it’s hands and obliterated other with it’s head blaster. They quite easily cut through dozens of marines, and the few that hitbaround were cut down by bullets. It would have taken two hundred to take down one, and five hundred to take down both. Dusk smiled. He seemed to have won. Unless they somehow hadn’t more marines, or a nuclear bomb, but both of those were incredibly unlikely and one would classify as godmodding.

@2001Kra

This is what all Super Lifless would have been if Ark hadn’t killed my elantrian. Just saying. Also, the weakness of the Hyper Lifless is that only Dusk knows how to maintain them, and he is a squishy human.

25 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Also, the weakness of the Hyper Lifless is that only Dusk knows how to maintain them, and he is a squishy human.

Is that really a weakness though, seeing as how you have Dusk completely and utterly protected and you don’t want him to die anyway?

Also, I’m just going to go ahead and be the 333rd post on this thread.

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Wrong! He's trying to destroy use of her arms and legs and use her to break the others will!

A slash of light in the air, and their resident weaver stepped out. She sifted with the one power, tying the hyper lifless. She pulled them into the air, and made a gateway with the power, a gateway into the void of space, and dropped them outside. She turned towards the rest. "I am here to help with the slaughter." Balefire blasted from her hands, killing Chaos Marines, mutated thieves, and survivors of the Chaos Marine attack. A group of hazekillers, elites, aluminum armor and two spikes each, coppercloud and leecher. Some had primer cubes, and each was trained in fighting all invested types of the Cosmere.

@Darth Woodrack 

~~~

Ambrosia rushed forward, bandaging survivor after survivor. She had to amputate limbs, stitch gaping wounds, and comfort patients as they died. She took blood samples, just in case it ever came again. She would find a cure, or something she could give to people to make an immunity. She wouldn't let them fail as a species. She continued work, struggling not to be overwhelmed at the carnage.

@JacobClaessen

I’m going to assume that the weaver is against us. I’m also going to say; last non disclosed teleporter. And that was god modding. You have no control over those NPCs, so teleporting them without allowing them to resist, which they could of, is god modding. I know about chais marines, and I used that knowledge. You know almost nothing about the Hyper Lifless, apart from them having aon enhancements.

The Hyperlifless use their personal aonnteleporters to return to the planet. They stood by Dusk as he rolled his eyes. Destroying a small of people on her side? That’s just wrong. Well, he could deal with that quite easily.

“You can fire death rays right?” He said to a super who has the epic power of being able to shoot pretty much unblocksble rays of energy along his line of sight that arrive at the speed of a bullet and stop systems.

”Well, not specifically death rays, but pretty much. Why?” She responded.

“Take this teleportation device and kill her,” Dusk said, handing her the teleportation disk to her. She teleported behind the weaver and fired a barrage of rays at her that would stop her heart, brain, and nervus system, before teleporting again, away.

@2001Kra

Edited by Darth Woodrack

The number of Invested individuals and Deus Ex Machina's going on here is starting to get a little bit insane. As someone who's not involved it also makes following what's actually happening borderline impossible. Just some advice but maybe steer away from what cool powers your army has or what cool defenses the fort has and focus on what story you actually want to tell here.
Some planning might also help make things a little less random and require less retconning and debates over whether or not something is realistic.

Voidus, the Super’s are a pre established part of the Precursors. There are fifty of them, one for each regiment, and they are radiants, twin born, high level sand masters, possibly smedrys, or mid level epics. I am using things that are already a part of my group. I do not know where Ark is getting all of his people from, though it is possible that he could have gotten a weaver their. If he pulled out another one, that would be a stretch. Also, if this was directed at someone completely different, which now that I’m re-reading your post, you probably are, this argument still applies. If the mass is large enough, it is very likel there were a few inverses individuals. If you keep pulling more out of no where, then it is implausible and not likely.

22 hours ago, 2001Kra said:

21 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

21 hours ago, 2001Kra said:

Ok, I'm making my own army.  

Galvris tried to approach Aeodin.  With most of the chaos marines wiped out, the battlefield was growing less savage.  Galvris tried to yell towards Aeodin, and then tried to approach him.  The flames drove him back every time.  Aeodin finally noticed Galvris standing there.  He dropped the whirlwind of fire, and rushed over.  Galvris began speaking in a low tone, "We can't prevail here.  Not even we can destroy an entire army, and there are more than one here.  We need an army of our own."

"What do you mean?  We can't just pull an army out of thin air!"  Aeodin said incredulously.

Galvris smiled in a rather frightening way, and pulled a sword out of it's sheath by his side, "Perhaps we can."

Galvris held the sword in a two handed grip, and it began shining with a blinding light.  Aeodin looked up, and realized that the sword was an angreal.  A powerful one, by the looks of it.  

Galvris seized saiden, and began taking on more of it than he ever had before.  He went past his limits, and more with the angreal's help.  He screamed from the pain of the one power raging through him.  It was pain, but it was life.  The sword began to glow, weakly at first, but then the shine nearly overpowered his eyes.  His eyes adjusted, and he looked down on himself, and realized that he too was glowing.  He channeled spirit, air and fire, and the air around him rippled.  It spread, until the entire length of the cavern was engulfed in a rippling effect, like the air had turned into water.

Aeodin gasped at the power that was emanating from Galvris.  He had somehow turned half the cavern into a gateway to tel'aran'rhiod.  

Galvris channeled the power once more, and he heard the gasp of a thousand souls come to life.  All around him, men and women dashed out of the gateway.  He looked around, and realized that they were all the heroes from legends.  Men and women who lived in tel'aran'rhiod until the wheel spun them back in to the real world.  And he had summoned them as an army.  He felt one soul who was resisting, someone who scorned his call.  He pushed harder, willing the man to enter the world, and pain dominated the life and overpowered him.  

Aeodin watched his friend with growing concern, as his friend began to scream.  The gateway darkened, and a man stepped out.  A man who somehow overshadowed all of the others.  It appeared that the man was resisting being drawn in to the real world, and Galvris was doing everything he could to drag him in.  With one last defiant shout, Galvris pulled the man all the way through the gateway, and the sword shattered in his hands.  The explosion of power blasted Galvris back, and he tumbled through the air, apparently unconscious.  Aeodin watched with a cry, and ran to Galvris's side.  The man lay face up, eyes staring at nothing.  Aeodin knelt to heal him, and jumped backwards when Galvris took a long shuddering breath.  "It's over Aeodin.  I'm done.  I tried to channel too much."

Aeodin, not fully comprehending, looked at his friend quizzically. "What do you mean?  We've got to command that army."

Galvris spun on Aeodin in anger, "You don't understand Aeodin!  I'm done!  I burned myself out!  No more power, no more fighting, we've lost."

Aeodin gripped his friend's shoulder, and said, "In truth I never expected to survive this.  You have skills beyond your connection to the true source.  You are a blademaster, an excellent strategist.  Not all generals command from the front lines, and that army still needs a commander.  You may have lost your power, but we're not dead yet."

Galvris slowly nodded.  He turned towards the people he had taken out of tel'aran'rhiod, and began shouting orders.  The lines formed up, and Galvris gave the order to charge.  

The charged at the enemy lines.

@2001Kra

@I think I am here.

@Darth Woodrack

Edited by King Taravangian

I'm going to act like that didn't happen. Also, Galvris couldn't cut off access to the Dor. Weavings don't work that way.

Also, Woodrack, the big bosses likely wouldn't think that. This is because Crow just gave 5/6 more power, and only killed 1/6.

Ambrosia moved further into the carnage, to a strange one. His colors were inverted, like some strange alien, and he had a large wound. She tended to him carefully, and took blood samples. She assumed he was one of those affected by the disease.

@NessealcBocaj

~~~
The channeler weaved air behind her, deflecting the shots into a couple of precursors, who died quickly. Spinning, she shot balefire towards the attacker, using weaves of air around them to keep them still. She also put a weave of air around the teleportation device, pulling it away.

@Darth Woodrack

2 hours ago, 2001Kra said:

And, please, don't. We are trying to resolve this, edit that.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

No one asked for this, Taravangian. Did you not just read Voidus' post about tha

24 minutes ago, 2001Kra said:

I'm going to act like that didn't happen. Also, Galvris couldn't cut off access to the Dor. Weavings don't work that way.

I take it my actions were unpopular.  Sorry about cutting off Aeodin's power.  I'll fix that, but from your posts it sounds as if that's the least of my problems.  I apologize.  I do need an epic way for my characters to die, you can pretend that never happened, I'll just RP my army away.  As to voidus's post, I needed him to do something powerful enough to burn himself out.  

The ground rumbled beneath Galvris's feet.  He glanced towards Aeodin, who looked troubled.  Suddenly, with an ear-splitting rumble, the ground beneath their feet gave way.  The extremely powerful channeling had weakened the ground beneath them, and they tumbled into the dark.  The last sound heard of Galvris, was his shrieking as he plunged in to the void...

I think it's a befitting end.  I hope it satisfies you.

Not saying that it's impossible that characters like this could be recruited, but having an army of creatures like this in a small guild is stretching things a bit, especially given that this is a form of power creep, creating a character that is within acceptable approvable level and then giving them an army that answers solely to them.

It turns incredibly powerful entities into nameless mooks who no one has any sympathy for, and is not a terrifically great strategy from a military perspective. Committing all your resources into a single pitched battle is something almost no military leader worth their salt would ever do unless it was completely unavoidable.

And yeah, makes the actual story you're trying to tell here pretty indiscernible when there are barely any player characters involved here, smashing NPC armies against each other makes for a nice background set-piece, but I don't think it works as well when you try to bring it into the foreground.

I'm not suggesting anything be changed here, it's already pretty far in, more advice for the future. It's the same kind of issue the Great Game thread had, it's hard for PCs to want to get involved when they'd just be one member (Potentially not even a particularly strong member) of an entire army that's just smashing into another army. Most good RPG moments revolve around a small number of characters, that's why the standard D&D party is usually ~5 people. And a statement that this kind of thing is especially unlikely to fly in era 3 given all the power restrictions that are being imposed.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:22 PM, I think I am here. said:

He’s trying to murder a 12 year old girl right now :P 

On 1/4/2019 at 11:48 PM, 2001Kra said:

Wrong! He's trying to destroy use of her arms and legs and use her to break the others will!

Er...I refuse to comment. He just may find it a little harder than anticipated. Sorry to be cryptic. Oh wait, that was a hint just there. :P

And Ark, don't comment on the realisticness. Once you figure it out, everything will make sense and have been logical.

I think I might have made it a little too easy to understand. Oh, well.

She slipped between his legs faster than one would have thought physically possible, now standing in the middle of the open hallway, no walls in sight.

What it used to be here.

Don't stress. Precious sunk closer to the ground as Crow's arms reached for her, there was movement in the corner of her eye, but for the moment she ignored it. Aim straight. She tapped Luck and flicked a small easily poppable projectile towards the thin gap in his helmet. Beneath it there was bound to be something affected by a splash highly-concentrated pepper spray. Even Chaos Marines had flesh, somewhere. And with her luck there was no way it wouldn't hit her target.

@2001Kra

Edited. Try and have some mercy at least for now. 

Edited by Silva
Edited because things have changed.

3 hours ago, 2001Kra said:

The channeler weaved air behind her, deflecting the shots into a couple of precursors, who died quickly. Spinning, she shot balefire towards the attacker, using weaves of air around them to keep them still. She also put a weave of air around the teleportation device, pulling it away.

This just doesn’t work. Their not affected by gravity, air currents, or anything the one power could affect, to my admittedly limited knowledge, at least from a believable weaver. Also, the disk is silent, so she wouldn’t be able to hear her appearing behind her so you have to explain how she knew that they had appeared, and she then teleported several kilometers away, so attacking her would be almost impossible.

To Voidus: They are already over powered, so I brought a ton to weaken them. Also, their are only fifty of them in a police force for the entire world, and I’ve already lost three confirmed. And, again, they are a police force. They are a subsidiary of all the other guilds, and the supers are there to deal with characters, like the Jackal, who them being hunted is a plot point. If they weren’t there people like the Jackal could easily cut through the entire regiment and wipe them all out. They are required for them to be affective.

@Voidus