Hellbent smiled, looking around the lair. It was huge, the size of the citadel. Only one area was blocked off, and that was his... special project. Looking around, he could pick out famous smugglers, pirates, thieves, murderers. In other words, the scum of the earth. His type of people. And he was king. He even had his slaves. The Acute's, who stood behind the throne he now sat on, and the ones he had recruited before then. He lounged there, surrounded by the glories of his trip to the Mountain of the Gods. The Den of Thieves, home of crime, was now open. He pulled out a comm.

"Dwig (@Dr. Dapper), I have need of G.U.E.S.S. Report to the Den of Thieves." He clicked a button, sending the location. Then he turned. "So, Acute's (@Silva). Would you rather stay here or come with me after Dwig arrives?"

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Nice den," Tena complimented. "But really, a throne? What sort of proper criminal would sit upon a throne?" She said this rather loudly as she strolled into the den, looking around at the lowlifes loitering about the floor (really, didn't they have something to do?), then turning her eyes to the man sitting on the throne. "Ah, Hellbent. I believe we've met. Back in those days when you wanted to help people. Occasionally." She surveyed the place, noting with dissatisfaction how dirty it was. "And, please don't kill me; I have... connections to the criminal elements of one of the largest cities in Roshar. Do you have any jobs going on?" 

@Kidpen

All of them there?

Dawn promptly stifled a laugh. Like we'd ever want to go somewhere with you. She almost said that aloud, but a quick glance from Brethren convinced her otherwise.

We could learn something. His eyes seemed to say. Dawn shrugged in response and narrowed her eyes. You weren't there when he.... Brethren held up two fingers in a 'v' shape. She closed her eyes understanding what the symbol signified. Only then did she realize that the rest of their siblings were watching them. Dawn swallowed. When had she become the one in charge? That had always been Pry. But Pry wasn't there, and responsibility had skipped down to her. Definitely not something she'd ever expected to happen, but here she was. In charge for once when they were in more danger than they ever had been in previously. The pressure was already building. She knew she wouldn't be able to do it alone and turned to Compile. The four year old girl nodded at her in understanding. She'd probably realized Dawn'd come to that conclusion ages ago. Compile tilted her head in the direction of a woman who had entered and started talking without Dawn noticing. She might be important. Compile's eyes seemed to say. 

So Dawn decided to remain silent for the time being and simply watch.

Edited by Silva
Spelling

The doors sung open, and a man who looked like Dwig, but with several more scars, and an eyepatch walked in. His clothes were ragged, his duster was patched, and he was wearing a leather glove on one hand. 

"Ain't no shelter in a den of thieves," he quipped, before turning to Hellbent "Hey boss, don't know if you heard or not, but somebody bombed HQ, and destabilized the rift generators. Tore most of it apart, and sucked most of the troops to who knows where. I got stuck out somewhere in deep space, on a lawless planet. Had to steal a ship to get off. I picked up a few friends along the way." He gestured to the three mecenaries behind him. "Yeah, so that happened, just got back yesterday. Been loitering around, waiting for your call."

A man known only as the Silent Seeker entered. He scanned the room, checking for Investiture.

Then, he saw Hellbent.

That man disrupted the duel for death, I believe.

He strode up to him and knelt before him.

"I have been searching for you for the longest time."

On 12/9/2018 at 5:03 PM, Ookla the Meme-Thief said:

"Nice den," Tena complimented. "But really, a throne? What sort of proper criminal would sit upon a throne?" She said this rather loudly as she strolled into the den, looking around at the lowlifes loitering about the floor (really, didn't they have something to do?), then turning her eyes to the man sitting on the throne. "Ah, Hellbent. I believe we've met. Back in those days when you wanted to help people. Occasionally." She surveyed the place, noting with dissatisfaction how dirty it was. "And, please don't kill me; I have... connections to the criminal elements of one of the largest cities in Roshar. Do you have any jobs going on?" 

@Kidpen

On 12/9/2018 at 8:18 PM, Dr. Dapper said:

The doors sung open, and a man who looked like Dwig, but with several more scars, and an eyepatch walked in. His clothes were ragged, his duster was patched, and he was wearing a leather glove on one hand. 

"Ain't no shelter in a den of thieves," he quipped, before turning to Hellbent "Hey boss, don't know if you heard or not, but somebody bombed HQ, and destabilized the rift generators. Tore most of it apart, and sucked most of the troops to who knows where. I got stuck out somewhere in deep space, on a lawless planet. Had to steal a ship to get off. I picked up a few friends along the way." He gestured to the three mecenaries behind him. "Yeah, so that happened, just got back yesterday. Been loitering around, waiting for your call."

On 12/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, Ookla said:

A man known only as the Silent Seeker entered. He scanned the room, checking for Investiture.

Then, he saw Hellbent.

That man disrupted the duel for death, I believe.

He strode up to him and knelt before him.

"I have been searching for you for the longest time."

Anthony smiled regarding them each by turn. First, he turned to Tena. "A job? Are you willing to fight?" Then, he turned to Dwig. "That is... displeasing. You may still be of use. We are going to help Solace." Then he turned to the man kneeling. "And why is that?"

The Jackal walked over. He had spent the last day meeting with the other crime lords and working his way into political power with them. He had come for a single reason, it gave him access to all of these criminal masterminds, and he fully expected Hellbent to get himself killed. Hellbent didn't need to know that though, "Hello my lord Hellbent," The Jackal said bowing, his mask glinting in the light, "I have come from the other criminals down below. They are growing restless. They are wondering why we aren't doing anything. I am perfectly happy with whatever you want, though I do wonder why we have gathered so much, without foteifing. Could I perhaps lead them in some fortifications, to ease their minds and demonstrate what your gathering can do, my lord?"

Hellbent smiled, recognizing his attempt for power. "No, I have someone to do that while I'm gone." Then he turned, grabbing Dwig and the mercenaries, teleporting away.

I'll change if Dwig isn't fine with that.

Crow walked up, steps bangin ominously. He had skulls on the spikes on his shoulders, and no one wanted to mess with someone a good three feet taller than them. He sat on the throne. "I'm in charge for now."

The Jackal grinned underneath his mask. A Chaos marine. This would be useful. Also, bonus! Hellbent hadn't killed him!

"Hello, Crow. I run a small band of elite world hoppers. If you could be so kind, stand in lord, to let us organize a wall of sorts around the base. It will give the fools down there the semblance of safety, even though with you and our great lord Hellbent at the helm, they don't need it. Just to keep them from complaining and disturbing your battle meditation," Jackal said. He was icing his words with a careful persuasive element won from decades in politics on dozens of different worlds, while at the same time putting up the chaos marine, and letting him think that he was only allowing this to keep the riff raff from bothering him.

@Kidpen

12 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Anthony smiled regarding them each by turn. First, he turned to Tena. "A job? Are you willing to fight?" Then, he turned to Dwig. "That is... displeasing. You may still be of use. We are going to help Solace." Then he turned to the man kneeling. "And why is that?"

"Simple. I have something you need dearly. A job to do."

@Kidpen