Our Dysfunctional Family

Sherlock Holmes

I didn't mention this idea on the PM because I wanted it to be a surprise, just so everybody knew. 

So, the idea is that we all give ourselves, or others, classical places in a big ol' dysfunctional family. As Inklingspren once said: "We're all a big dysfunctional family here."

I'm going to start with @Ookla the Meeker. This particular one occurred to me, I'm pretty sure, while I was walking home from school. 

He's that one uncle who everybody knows of, but only the oldest among us really know. That guy who disappears to California for a few years, then expects everyone to remember him when he comes back. 

Me:

Everybody sees him. Everybody knows that he's there, watching, drawing furiously on a sketchbook with a Ticonderoga pencil (which is legit). Occasionally, he'll make a joke, and maybe three people will laugh. Some people feel uncomfortable about his lack of speech, his unending intense stares (also legit). People think he's disturbing, and that fact is, he is. 

For the record, everybody, say stuff entirely in jest. Don't be mean, please.

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Meme-Thief said:

He's that one uncle who everybody knows of, but only the oldest among us really know. That guy who disappears to California for a few years, then expects everyone to remember him when he comes back. 

He's also the uncle you can imagine as a secret James Bond villain the easiest, especially since he keeps making jokes about your cat being an explosive. :ph34r:

Voidus: He's like the happy old Grandad who's content with life. Everyone is a child to his wise eyes. He doesn't brag too much, but don't underestimate him, he could probably take down the rest of the family combined without breaking a sweat. Also loves baking. Just thought I'd add that.

Me: idk help.

That's a beautiful concept. Honestly it is.

I'm not really sure about myself, but I have an idea for @Silva .

For me she would be one of the daughters, not the youngest, not the eldest. A firm vision in her head where she wants to go, and at the same time, a steady presence to rely on, one to always listen. Not the loudest of the bunch, but always there with a smart and/ or funny reply on her lips. The one that keeps everybody grounded, while supporting at the same time.

Edited by Sorana

Oh, I got one for @Ookla the Cited(MetaTerminal)

To me he’s like that nice uncle knows everything. Like not because he’s really old or something. But it’s like you’ll be talking about history and he’ll suddenly be like “Oh yeah I know history” and then recite WWI month by month.

Like that uncle who may very well be the smartest one in the family, just because he knows so much about everything. I have a guy like that in my irl family, and you could literally talk to him about anything and he can have an educated discussion on it. Meta would be that.

I like this thread already. Mraize Meeker’s description alone.

So I had a description of myself, but Guacless’s is so much more flattering, so yeah let’s go with that. Ninja’d. (It all began on the 28th of June 1914 with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by the Serbian nationalist group Black Hand...)

@Ookla the Gambler is the one with martial arts training and could probably deck everyone in the room without breaking a sweat, but seems super zen most of the time and doesn’t kill you when you get into arguments with them out of the kindness of their hearts. (Or that’s what Devaan’s like, anyway.)

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

For me she would be one of the daughters, not the youngest, not the eldest. A firm vision in her head where she wants to go, and at the same time, a steady presence to rely on, one to always listen. Not the loudest of the bunch, but always there with a smart and/ or funny reply on her lips. The one that keeps everybody grounded, while supporting at the same time.

This is honestly one of the sweetest things I have ever read. ^_^ I'd write one for you too @Sorana, but I don't think I could do it justice.

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

This is honestly one of the sweetest things I have ever read. ^_^ I'd write one for you too @Sorana, but I don't think I could do it justice.

Thank you. I'm happy you like it! I have to admit I spent a while thinking about how to phrase it ^_^

Don't worry about me. I guess, I'm the strange one in the corner with a book in her hand and her head in the clouds. :P

You know what? I'm going to write one for Archer. 

He's kind of like everybody's dad, except for Voidus, who is Archer's dad, and Ryker, who is Archer's brother. Needless to say, Ryker and Archer haven't been on speaking terms for years, mostly because of the latter's bloodlust and animal sacrifices. 

Anyway, about Archer. He's nice to everyone, cares for everyone, etc etc. But we mostly like having him around 'cause he's hilarious and awesome. 

Edited by Ookla the Meme-Thief

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Thank you. I'm happy you like it! I have to admit I spent a while thinking about how to phrase it ^_^

Don't worry about me. I guess, I'm the strange one in the corner with a book in her hand and her head in the clouds. :P

Probably closer to being the second cousin twice removed that everyone still somehow knows and loves

Personally I see myself as the one guy who's supposed to help organize all the events and parties, but instead I just kinda have a couple cool ideass, start them out, and then realize i don't have the time to actually bother setting it up. 

5 hours ago, Ookla the Meme-Thief said:

I can recite the American Civil War month-by-month. Just saying.

Easy. It started in April, then there was May, then June...

2 hours ago, Ookla the NotVoidus said:

Personally I see myself as the one guy who's supposed to help organize all the events and parties, but instead I just kinda have a couple cool ideass, start them out, and then realize i don't have the time to actually bother setting it up. 

Don’t forget the moustache!

4 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

I can recite the Seven Day War month-by-month. Checkmate. Mauahaha!

Now I want to work out a date system and timeline.