Cosmere Music Game

Ammanas

11 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Here is the first one to get the ball rolling:

I think this would go best with the scene in Shadesmar where Kaladin, Shallan and Adolin are attempting to cross the bridge to get to the oathgate platform. It has enough variations in tempo, and enough protagonists and antagonists in flight to make the surging refrain come off really nicely.

Ok, next up, how about Herbie Hancock's Cantaloupe island:

@Ammanas, Ride of the Valkyries is too easy: the burning of Rathalas: “I love the smell of napalm in the morning…. It smells like victory.” From Francis Ford Coppola’s Apocalypse Now:

This first scene shows helicopter attack to the music, followed immediately by…

– the napalm bombing of the village (and Robert Duvall’s famous quote above).

Wagner was pompous, arrogant, anti-Semitic, and inspired Nazi propaganda. Woody Allen said if you listen to Wagner for 15 minutes, you want to invade Poland. Wagner stole his second wife (Cosima, the daughter of Franz Liszt) from his friend the conductor Hans von Bulow. Not a nice man…but the kind Odium could influence to burn down a city.

Others:

Battle of Thaylen City, especially Lift and Szeth. The main theme makes me see Lift scoot and Szeth fly after the King’s Drop. The theme ends with delivery to Dalinar.

Inside Shallan’s mind - bittersweet overtones and child-like longing:

This one’s for Pattern. Bach to me is the most mathematically pure of all composers. Pattern would have liked him.

Edited by Confused
To add themes.

• Chaos locked this topic