Aurum the Inkspren

A Nightblood of your own!

11 posts in this topic

Hello humans!

A question here. If you can have a Nightblood of your own making, what command would you give it instead?

Preserver Truth

Promote Sentience (Danger = Skynet)

Create for the Benefit of All

Be sword.  

I think that is the simplest command that has the least chance of not going awry.  I think commands to "be" instead of "do" are safer in that the wielder can still control the actions.

I'm the one who made it right? cause if so protect your maker, I would do protect me but I can see that going awry

6 hours ago, ZenBossanova said:

Obey Asimov's Law of Robotics? 

I haven´t read Asimov, but from what i´ve heard aren´t many of his stories about robot rebellions using loopholes in his three rules?:P

12 hours ago, Samaldin said:

I haven´t read Asimov, but from what i´ve heard aren´t many of his stories about robot rebellions using loopholes in his three rules?:P

There are, but they almost never result in something lethal, and are usually resolved.  I think that Asimov's rules are a good way to keep a nightblood in check. 

Uh, considering Asimov’s 3 laws of robotics, I don’t think Nightblood would make a very good sword if he followed them. 

• The First Law of Robotics: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

If I had a Type 4 Awakened entity, then it would be an Elvish sword with the command, “Kill those who deserve it, in my opinion.”