Guild Reform

Archer

Please go vote in the Chat Thread poll as well  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to implement the following proposal?: RPers should only be allowed to be affiliated with a set number of guilds (TBD). Characters may only be members of guilds the RPer is a member of.

• Yes, I would like to implement that proposal.
    • No, I would not like to implement that proposal.
    • No opinion.
  2. 2. How many guilds should RPers be allowed to be affiliated with?

• 6+
    • No opinion.
  3. 3. How many members should a guild need to have in order to gain Great Guild Status (thus giving them special privileges, like the ability to raise armies). An RPer could only count towards the membership tally of a single guild.

• 8+
    • No opinion.

The issue is, the only city that actually sees action would be the Alleycity, we have never RP'ed in other cities. I guess you could fabricate that a city existed... but then we run into the same problem.

If you want power, you can come to the court of newcago and become a noble. Im pretty sure that we each get a section of lands. Idk, the Queen hasn't been online recently. 

I really don't know how Oasis city works.  How about a fortress in the wilderness?  A city would take a lot of time to make, but a fortress is something that a city could spring up around.  Something that can become a haven for trade and culture.  

Also, how does Newcago court even work?  What is it?

Heh. The Newcago Court is kind of just the Newcago Court. Beyond description. 

Not really. 

Queen Elsa Steelheart rules it with non-canonical powers (the powers Elsa has in Frozen). The Chaos Marines are hers to command, but she never does. We used to host parties and sledding competitions and othersuch a while ago, before Steelheart went inactive. Now the thread is dead.

@King Taravangian, did that clear it up? 

35 minutes ago, taerGehtsuilexA said:

Heh. The Newcago Court is kind of just the Newcago Court. Beyond description. 

Not really. 

Queen Elsa Steelheart rules it with non-canonical powers (the powers Elsa has in Frozen). The Chaos Marines are hers to command, but she never does. We used to host parties and sledding competitions and othersuch a while ago, before Steelheart went inactive. Now the thread is dead.

@King Taravangian, did that clear it up? 

Yes, thanks.  It's a shame that it no longer is a thing, sounds cool. 

2 minutes ago, King Taravangian said:

Yes, thanks.  It's a shame that it no longer is a thing, sounds cool. 

The court can still be a thing, if more people sign up. The iceblades still allow us to access her power. 

The court can return! 

Plus it is the only entity that the DA remotely respects, so we would ask before invading. Might be a good place for anti DA people to hang out.

Edited by MacThorstenson

3 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

The court can still be a thing, if more people sign up. The iceblades still allow us to access her power. 

The court can return! 

Plus it is the only entity that the DA remotely respects, so we would ask before invading. Might be a good place for anti DA people to hang out.

Someone else could take over the job of the Queen and revitalize it.  That would be cool.  I would love an anti-DA place too.

Its not an anti DA place, the Queen and Voidus are good friends. Its just that we respect them enough to ask them to extradite you before coming in and taking you by force.

Besides, aren't you DA?

Finally, the court was made as a place for the Queen, she didn't even start it. We cant take it over and replace the queen.

@King Taravangian would you be interested in trying to help restart the court?

Edited by MacThorstenson

2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Besides, aren't you DA?

Yes, most definitely.  I would never dream of betraying the DA.  I'm about as loyal a DA follower as you can get.

On another note, I would definitely like to help revitalize the Newcago Court.  

4 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

I really don't know how Oasis city works.  How about a fortress in the wilderness?  A city would take a lot of time to make, but a fortress is something that a city could spring up around.  Something that can become a haven for trade and culture.  

Also, how does Newcago court even work?  What is it?

But Oasis is already around. We have a thread for it. 

On 1/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, MacThorstenson said:

Unless your guild somehow has enough manpower to force people to move to the City, I don’t think that you can just construct a city. 

If you look at history, there is no way to build a city in the timeframe of the RP. You need to build all the buildings,  you need to provide an infrastructure, but most importantly you need to convince people to live there. That’s not the kind of stuff that just happens overnight, it takes lots of time. If you look at how long real cities take to develope, you can’t get a respectable city in just a few years. 

The keepers don’t have a city, they have a town where feruchemists can live. They live together for the same reason that people of the same race try to live together in different cities. In addition their blood is the only way people can get Feruchemy, it makes sense to try to keep that together.

I have no idea how the ghostblood city works as a functional city. It makes legit no sense. They don’t need to create a place for culture, because being a ghostblood isn’t a racial or ethnic identity, it’s a job. I guess they could all move their to be close to headquarters? But that makes no sense in a world spanreeds where communication is instant. It would make more sense for them to spread out so they can reach targets better.

They probably aren’t  an economic center, because what investors would try to support an economy in there if only ghostbloods are allowed in? They aren’t located on any trading routes, and have no natural recourses.

Also, the amount of resources it takes to build a city is astounding. You need to have really deep pockets in order to build them, and have a lot of people willing to move in. 

In short, If you are going for realism I don’t think any guild has the power to build and run a city. 

*Immediately thinks of the citadel*

The Citadel was possible because Dusk already had an army to work on it.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:20 PM, MacThorstenson said:

The issue is, the only city that actually sees action would be the Alleycity, we have never RP'ed in other cities. I guess you could fabricate that a city existed... but then we run into the same problem.

If you want power, you can come to the court of newcago and become a noble. Im pretty sure that we each get a section of lands. Idk, the Queen hasn't been online recently. 

*Immediately thinks of the citadel party*

The Citadel as seen a fair amount of action, for such a young city.

Meta, I will only use the cabal of criminals against my own characters, or anyone else who agrees.