Archer

Guild Reform

Please go vote in the Chat Thread poll as well   30 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to implement the following proposal?: RPers should only be allowed to be affiliated with a set number of guilds (TBD). Characters may only be members of guilds the RPer is a member of.

    • Yes, I would like to implement that proposal.
      21
    • No, I would not like to implement that proposal.
      7
    • No opinion.
      2
  2. 2. How many guilds should RPers be allowed to be affiliated with?

    • 1
      4
    • 2
      1
    • 3
      8
    • 4
      7
    • 5
      3
    • 6+
      4
    • No opinion.
      3
  3. 3. How many members should a guild need to have in order to gain Great Guild Status (thus giving them special privileges, like the ability to raise armies). An RPer could only count towards the membership tally of a single guild.

    • 3
      0
    • 4
      2
    • 5
      18
    • 6
      0
    • 7
      5
    • 8+
      3
    • No opinion.
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

229 posts in this topic

The issue is, the only city that actually sees action would be the Alleycity, we have never RP'ed in other cities. I guess you could fabricate that a city existed... but then we run into the same problem.

If you want power, you can come to the court of newcago and become a noble. Im pretty sure that we each get a section of lands. Idk, the Queen hasn't been online recently. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know how Oasis city works.  How about a fortress in the wilderness?  A city would take a lot of time to make, but a fortress is something that a city could spring up around.  Something that can become a haven for trade and culture.  

Also, how does Newcago court even work?  What is it?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh. The Newcago Court is kind of just the Newcago Court. Beyond description. 

Not really. 

Queen Elsa Steelheart rules it with non-canonical powers (the powers Elsa has in Frozen). The Chaos Marines are hers to command, but she never does. We used to host parties and sledding competitions and othersuch a while ago, before Steelheart went inactive. Now the thread is dead.

@King Taravangian, did that clear it up? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The courts Heyday was way earlier in the history of the Alleyverse RP.  :(

You can become a noble in the court and get a sweet iceblade. Currently me and ark are the only members who are still active in the RP section.

Edited by MacThorstenson
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, taerGehtsuilexA said:

before Steelheart went inactive

this statement confuses me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen elsa steelheart.

We usually shorten her name to the Queen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, taerGehtsuilexA said:

Heh. The Newcago Court is kind of just the Newcago Court. Beyond description. 

Not really. 

Queen Elsa Steelheart rules it with non-canonical powers (the powers Elsa has in Frozen). The Chaos Marines are hers to command, but she never does. We used to host parties and sledding competitions and othersuch a while ago, before Steelheart went inactive. Now the thread is dead.

@King Taravangian, did that clear it up? 

Yes, thanks.  It's a shame that it no longer is a thing, sounds cool. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, King Taravangian said:

Yes, thanks.  It's a shame that it no longer is a thing, sounds cool. 

The court can still be a thing, if more people sign up. The iceblades still allow us to access her power. 

The court can return! 

Plus it is the only entity that the DA remotely respects, so we would ask before invading. Might be a good place for anti DA people to hang out.

Edited by MacThorstenson
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

The court can still be a thing, if more people sign up. The iceblades still allow us to access her power. 

The court can return! 

Plus it is the only entity that the DA remotely respects, so we would ask before invading. Might be a good place for anti DA people to hang out.

Someone else could take over the job of the Queen and revitalize it.  That would be cool.  I would love an anti-DA place too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not an anti DA place, the Queen and Voidus are good friends. Its just that we respect them enough to ask them to extradite you before coming in and taking you by force.

Besides, aren't you DA?

Finally, the court was made as a place for the Queen, she didn't even start it. We cant take it over and replace the queen.

@King Taravangian would you be interested in trying to help restart the court?

Edited by MacThorstenson
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elsa is an official advocate of DA baked goods, we wouldn't invade the Newcago court without a very good reason.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

Besides, aren't you DA?

Yes, most definitely.  I would never dream of betraying the DA.  I'm about as loyal a DA follower as you can get.

On another note, I would definitely like to help revitalize the Newcago Court.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Come Era three, I think that you should swear the oath in the thread, that should let the Queen know whats happening. Once that goes down, we can work on more in depth plans.

Edited by MacThorstenson
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

I really don't know how Oasis city works.  How about a fortress in the wilderness?  A city would take a lot of time to make, but a fortress is something that a city could spring up around.  Something that can become a haven for trade and culture.  

Also, how does Newcago court even work?  What is it?

But Oasis is already around. We have a thread for it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

But Oasis is already around. We have a thread for it. 

I think he was referring to what he wanted to make. Not about Oasis city.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, King Taravangian said:

I really don't know how Oasis city works.

 

Drawing (1).png

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, MacThorstenson said:

Queen elsa steelheart.

We usually shorten her name to the Queen.

Really? I usually think of her as Elsa.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Keeper's just have a small village.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay then.  I'll take a look at the Court come era three.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The court is very old alleyverse, about as old as the DA. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'd like to know exactly where we landed on this. How secret are guilds with their plans? What about members? Are people only allowed to be a member of 3 guilds?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, MacThorstenson said:

Unless your guild somehow has enough manpower to force people to move to the City, I don’t think that you can just construct a city. 

If you look at history, there is no way to build a city in the timeframe of the RP. You need to build all the buildings,  you need to provide an infrastructure, but most importantly you need to convince people to live there. That’s not the kind of stuff that just happens overnight, it takes lots of time. If you look at how long real cities take to develope, you can’t get a respectable city in just a few years. 

The keepers don’t have a city, they have a town where feruchemists can live. They live together for the same reason that people of the same race try to live together in different cities. In addition their blood is the only way people can get Feruchemy, it makes sense to try to keep that together.

I have no idea how the ghostblood city works as a functional city. It makes legit no sense. They don’t need to create a place for culture, because being a ghostblood isn’t a racial or ethnic identity, it’s a job. I guess they could all move their to be close to headquarters? But that makes no sense in a world spanreeds where communication is instant. It would make more sense for them to spread out so they can reach targets better.

They probably aren’t  an economic center, because what investors would try to support an economy in there if only ghostbloods are allowed in? They aren’t located on any trading routes, and have no natural recourses.

Also, the amount of resources it takes to build a city is astounding. You need to have really deep pockets in order to build them, and have a lot of people willing to move in. 

In short, If you are going for realism I don’t think any guild has the power to build and run a city. 

*Immediately thinks of the citadel*

The Citadel was possible because Dusk already had an army to work on it.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:20 PM, MacThorstenson said:

The issue is, the only city that actually sees action would be the Alleycity, we have never RP'ed in other cities. I guess you could fabricate that a city existed... but then we run into the same problem.

If you want power, you can come to the court of newcago and become a noble. Im pretty sure that we each get a section of lands. Idk, the Queen hasn't been online recently. 

*Immediately thinks of the citadel party*

The Citadel as seen a fair amount of action, for such a young city.

 

Meta, I will only use the cabal of criminals against my own characters, or anyone else who agrees.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oasis has 17+ pages.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.