Aluminum is an Adonalsium's godmetal.

Jakkobz

Question

6 answers to this question

Aluminum is an elemental metal created through well-known processes and these are mirrored in how we see the stuff obtained on Scadrial at the very least. It has unusual properties we can't currently explain but we know that it lacks a property of godmetals: You can't soulcast other things into a godmetal but you can soulcast things into aluminum.

Aluminum very well could be a "shattered godmetal"

But certainly not Adonalsium's

I personally am of the opinion that like most things in The Cosmere, Everything has a Push and a Pull.

I think that Aluminum is the godmetal of who or whatever shattered Adonalsium, because of its interactions with most types of very shardic investiture. 

We really need more information on "dark investiture" or Investiture that happens as a result of a non shardic Deity.

Trell Is certainly a candidate for non shardic Investiure. 

Just a few thoughts I've had.

1 minute ago, Themasterhunter said:

I think that Aluminum is the godmetal of who or whatever shattered Adonalsium

Adonalsium was Shattered by the vessels who ascended to hold his power. 

imriel452 (Paraphrased)

I asked for "Info on why Adonalsium shattered".

Brandon Sanderson

Adonalsium Shattered because he was killed.

source

Eric

In Secret History we learn the 16 Shards that Shattered Adonalsium. Was that done [on behalf of the anti-Adonalsium force]?

Brandon Sanderson

You’re focusing too much on this idea of an anti-Adonalsium. It—the original question I believe that was asked me was “is there a force that is opposed to Adonalsium” and it left me a lot of wiggle room. In other words, the people who killed Adonalsium, you could say were a force, any person who opposed Adonalsium... What they were trying to get was a “devil” but to do that you must assume Adonalsium was a more Christian-style God, and I haven’t confirmed any of that.

source

3 minutes ago, Themasterhunter said:

We really need more information on "dark investiture" or Investiture that happens as a result of a non shardic Deity.

All Investiture was from Adonalsium, and therefore, the Shards. 

Overlord Jebus [PENDING REVIEW]

Is all Investiture in the cosmere associated with a Shard?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yes, well, okay. So this is a complicated one. *pauses* So, Investiture predates the Shattering of Adonalsium, all Investiture was from Adonalsium, all Investiture got assigned to one of the 16 Shards when Adonalsium was Shattered. Some of the Investiture was not on Yolen but location is irrelevant. So Investiture is related to Shards even on planets where none of the Shards are inhabiting. 

Are they aware of that Investiture?

That's part of the whole seeing into the infinite, being beyond even the power of a Shard. So, technically you could make the argument that Harmony could feel the sense of Preservation on every world in the cosmere, right? Because the building blocks of all life and creation are these things.

So the Shard of Preservation embodies all preservation in the cosmere?

Yes but he just can't do that, right? Like, he's not infinite. The Vessels are not, even if their minds are enormously expanded by holding a Shard, they are not infinite. The Connection is all there in the Spiritual Realm

source

1 hour ago, Themasterhunter said:

Trell Is certainly a candidate for non shardic Investiure.

Like @Calderis said, there is no such thing as 'non-Shardic Investiture'. There can be Investiture that's operating on a planet with no Shard in residence (like First of the Sun) but that's still Investiture which is associated with a Shard, in this case Autonomy. Here's a very long WoB that discusses this.

Similarly, Trell is very certainly related to a Shard and moreover, a Shard that we already know. A very common assumption is that Trell is one of Autonomy's avatars.