The man smiled. He had sold the slaves before they had came, so he hadn't been arrested. He promptly pulled out Hemalurgic spikes, essence spikes, and began taking the souls of random people. He smiled. Okay, just another hundred to go and I'll have enough. He looked back at the wagonload of spikes in the cart.

That's a more positive reaction then I expected.

The figure stood in the cell, then smiled, pulling off his hood, revealing he was... a robot. He had luckily already teleported the spikes to his master before being arrested. He promptly exploded, killing four nearby guards and destroying the area used as a prison.

The mysterious stranger ticked Arson off of his list and proceeded to the next still-legal element on it. He pulled out a baseball bat and began to smash any destroyable personal property, stopping every now and then to ensure none of it stuck to the bat so he couldn't be accused of thievery.

He protested on the grounds that he had committed none of these crimes, and also pointed out that the people who arrested him were harrassing him and the law had as of yet, not added an exclusion that allowed the harassment of someone even if they were criminals.

His mission accomplished the mysterious man vanished in a puff of logically sound chaos.

Having already vanished the man was very confused as to how this was being explained to him but he nodded along politely before pointing out the lack of clarity in the wording of the law, contrasting it with several successful lawmakers attempts to explicitly forbid arson.

He then retreated back into his void.

Cain, looking out over the slowly growing group of people from a small outcropping of a building, shook his head as terrible music began to play through boomboxes and speakers. He would be staying in the city, stalking officials, such as Dusk, making sure no one saw him. He would not want his presence known openly, but rather it be known by certain individuals. 

Dusk saw Cain. He sent a lifeless to drop the letter from his parents in front of his feet, and make it look like an accident. The letter read;

Spoiler

Dear Cain(god I don't know why I let your father pick that name),

Dusk says that the stakers are misbehaving. He told me to stay away from them until he got it under control, but I'm his best trainer, so I'm going in to help out. Your father is going in to get a reading on their investiture content. He says it will be fine. I'm not sure, but I have to try. Dusk is just trying to rid the world pf an evil. It killed his wife, and infant child. He could do the same to you. We just want to protect you, and Dusk is trying to as well. He put a little cremling on your watch. Anyways, We have to get to work. I'm writing this letter, just in case. 

Mom

Your parents died that night. It was my greatest failure. I protected you, hid you from slavers, guarded you from homicidal maniacs. It does not make up for the fact that your parents died on my watch. I am sorry Cain.

Dusk

Why is that godmodding?

Cain, glancing at the lifeless who dropped the letter, picked it up, thinking it was just an official letter meant for Dusk. Reading it, getting angrier each word he read, finally ended up crumpling it and pocketing, but not beyond recognition. He would be the death of Dusk, whether he helped my parents or not. In his rage, he fleetingly realized that Dusk could have fabricated this letter, but his subconscious told him that what he had read was genuine. Confused, he appeared in the alley that he was calling home. He would need to think this over.

He says that I changed your character's past, but I said that e never clarified how Dusk's experiments caused your parents death. 

Why would that make him angrier? I made that specifically to make Cain hate Dusk less.....

Dusk walked into the lab where he was working on genetically changing chipmunks to have bread qualities. It was going well.