Book 4 Radiants

Navani:  Elsecaller, Willshaper, or Bondsmith.  Not sure which, but Im pretty sure "Bring Order form the Chaos" is her 2nd Ideal.  She kept repeating it to herself like a mantra in OB.

By the sound of some WOB's I think we're going to see the Sibling in the next book, which makes it more likely to actually get another Bondsmith (I prefer Rlain for that one).

Moash/Vyre - Voidbinding equivalent of a Windrunner.

I'm convinced Adolin will become an Edgedancer, but I understand not everyone feels that way.

I think we'll see another Windrunner separate from the bridge crews rise up. Someone independent from Kaladin's/Dalinar's authority.

I see Rlain as joining the Windrunners. It'd be interesting to see him go his own way, but he keeps coming back to Bridge Four and the others seem to think of him as one of theirs.

Vivenna or Vasher, but unlikely both.

I think one of the Shin (not Szeth) will become a Bondsmith.

I think the nerdy ardent Rushu becomes something, probably a Truthwatcher. She keeps popping up and is so odd I can't imagine she'll just stay weird background flavor forever.

Anyway, I think we’ll see lots of random characters popping up as Radiants, kind of like what happened with Malata coming out of nowhere (side note: I want to see more Malata). I wouldn’t be surprised if we have at least a dozen new characters that have come forward as Radiants during the year gap. We’ll probably several more Windrunners coming out of the bridge crews. There’d hopefully be even more Radiants, considering this is a Desolation, but Brandon’s been very stingy in making people Radiants, and I don’t think that will change very much. I’d be happy to be surprised, though.

Here’s some specific characters I want to see become Radiants:

• Adolin as an Edgedancer. Literally anyone else could/could not become a Radiant for all I care, as long as he does. 
  • I’m definitely expecting Rysn to become a Willshaper.
  • I really like the idea of Rlain becoming a bondsmith and uniting the humans in Urithiru with the Listeners that managed to escape to the other end of the Shattered plains, possibly with the help of Venli and any Singers she can convert to team Honor. 
  • I could see Rock becoming a Stoneward because he kinda fits the little bit we know about them. I’m also a fan of him becoming a Bondsmith, becoming king of the Horneater Peaks since he’s a Shardbearer now, and uniting the Horneaters and everyone in Urithiru.

I don’t have any other specific characters I want to become Radiants.

I think Rysn should go for the "even more esoteric" magic system that uses "Cultivationlight" or the equivalent of that. 

Adolin will be some weird, awesome hybrid.

Rock is definitely going full Radiant.

I bet one of Shallan's brothers will try to join Bridge 4, which could create some tension for Kaladin.

May Aladar has to have SOME role in SL4, be it Radiant or not, so why not go for broke?

On 12/3/2018 at 0:22 PM, Use the Falchion said:

May Aladar has to have SOME role in SL4, be it Radiant or not, so why not go for broke?

Wait.  Why do you think May Aladar will have a significant role in Stormlight 4?

1 hour ago, ILuvHats said:

Wait.  Why do you think May Aladar will have a significant role in Stormlight 4?

She was mentioned way too much at the beginning of OB to not be important down the line IIRC. Three to four times for a character that doesn't speak or have a presence. I don't know, she just made an impression on me to the point where it feels like Brandon's setting her up for something. 

On 12/3/2018 at 0:27 PM, Ookla-Shephir said:

Adolin as an Edgedancer. Literally anyone else could/could not become a Radiant for all I care, as long as he does. 

This is actually one thing which I don't want. There are so many radiants around now, albeit much fewer than before the recreance, but it seems like everyone we know is becoming a radiant. If it's too commonplace it ruins the story, and who better than Adolin to be powerful enough without being a radiant.

Just now, Ookla the Inconceivable said:

This is actually one thing which I don't want. There are so many radiants around now, albeit much fewer than before the recreance, but it seems like everyone we know is becoming a radiant. If it's too commonplace it ruins the story, and who better than Adolin to be powerful enough without being a radiant.

The part I bolded is kind of a weak argument, if you ask me. This is a freaking Desolation, they need as many Radiants as they can get, which is hopefully a lot. Whether or not Adolin becomes a Radiant isn’t going to make a huge difference on that number either way, but I don’t see how him becoming a Radiant is a bad thing. If anything, it’s a good thing; Adolin’s already a really skilled fighter, and having another super-powered fighter is always useful. Plus, it would help relieve some of the spren’s doubts about bonding humans if they see that it’s possible to revive deadeyes. 

5 hours ago, Ookla the Inconceivable said:

I think its pretty certain that Adolin will become a KR, so you will be disappointed. I would think it cool if he only revived Maya a bit, and became some kind of pseudo-KR. That could keep him grounded, while still letting him be able to partake in important fights.

I think Navani will bond the Sibling and Rlain will bond NIghtwatcher to become the other two bondsmiths, but I don't think they'll both happen in Book 4.  I think one will, and the other will be book 5, but I can't guess which.

Adolin will revive Maya to become an Edgedancer.

I like the idea of Rysn becoming a Willshaper.

I think there will be at least two dozen 'random' radiants popping up and I think we'll see quite a few people get their armor.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

I want to see Rysn as a Dustbringer (riding a Lanceryn). Having Vivenna become a Radiant would be cool as well. I dont know what she would be though. Stoneward maybe? 

Vivenna as a dual wielding Willshaper Awakener would be pretty awesome, too. Who needs shard plate when you have a Dr. Strange cloak? :D