Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solomonster

Radiant Eye Color - Poor, Misunderstood Dustbringers

6 posts in this topic

When Kaladin wields  Syl as a shardblade, his eyes glow blue.  When Lift wields Wyndle as a shardrod, shardstick, shardfork, etc. her eyes glow white.  During the final battle of Oathbringer it is mentioned that Szeth's eyes glow grey.  These seem to correspond to each Radiant order's Gemstone: Windrunners - Sapphire, Edgedancers - Diamond, Skybreaker - Smokestone.  Does this mean that Dustbringer's eyes glow red like ruby?  Or possibly pink?  They prefer the term Releasers, but did others give them the name Dustbringer (similar to voidbringer) because of their red eyes and propensity to destroy things?  

Edited by Solomonster

That’s certainly something I hadn’t noticed before. Sounds plausible,

I think Brandon's said that's why they hate the name dusttbringer. Between having red eyes and sounding like voidbringer they prefer the term releasers. The red eyes are partly why they are feared, and the term dustbringer is similar to voidbringer and the sheer destruction of there powers.

Edited by garlick

I think it's more to do with their powers personally. Lightweavers would have red eyes as well with Garnet, but their powers are not as inherently frightening (though potentially just as lethal). 

Lightweavers also can change their eye color in social situations so as to not freak people out.