1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Walker
    • Definitely Walker
    • Sooooooooo, Walker
    • No way Walkr loses
    • Tie
    • That old guy.
    • Voidus

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

122 posts in this topic

Wouldn't you be out of cubes by now? If you have a reason why you have more, or you just have an exact count, let me know, but I would think that you would be near out.

BTW: No hard feelings. This is all in character.

Walker spun away from Lusk charging him.

"I said tricks. Your cubes are just showing how you know you can't actually beat me. I know that deep down your only that fat depressed, poetry loving weakling who has no idea how to fight someone of clearly superior skill. You just want to preserve your image by lasting long enough, with tricks, but that won't save you. Everyone is looking at you and wondering why you think you can beat me. They all know that your going to lose, and they all know that no matter what age you are, you can't fight me. I have had no speed for long enough that you should have beat me, if I was truly relying on my speed,and my tricks, but you haven't beat me. Your nothing but a bag of tricks that you will eventually run out of, and when you run out of your cubes, your dead," Walker said, while pacing towards his fallen knife. He flipped it into his hand with his foot, and trailed it in his fingers, "Speaking of tricks, your little cubes appear to be quie near gone."

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Good point. I’ll just go ahead and say Lusk has three more cubes left.

Also, I wonder how Walker knows about Lusk’s insecurities, because this is really going to emotionally hurt Lusk. :( 

Walker taunted him.

It hurt. A lot.

Poetry-loving, depressed, weakling. That was what he’d called Lusk. It was true, and it hurt Lusk. He felt like breaking down, like giving up and walking away.

But he was a Ghostblood. People expected things from him. People had always been expecting things from Lusk. He couldn’t have exposed who he really was then, and he couldn’t do it now.

Closing his eyes and focusing on his Atium, Lusk tried to change his age, but no matter how old he was the words still stung. No matter how skilled he’d been the realisation still hurt.

Walker mentioned he almost was out of cubes. Lusk checked, and saw three more. His three last ones. He had to use them wisely.

Walker picked a knife. Lusk’s knife. It was ordinary metal, cheap and practical. It was Lusk’s.

“Okay,” Lusk said, aging back to his normal age of 45, no longer tapping any Atium, no longer storing. Just Lusk. “You want to fight hand-to-hand, no tricks, no weapons? Let’s do it.

He calmly walked towards Walker, katana in hand.

Also, check my last post. Lusk made an attack against Walker. Since Walker didn’t respond, does that mean the attack landed?

Woohoo!

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Was him charging at Walker the attack? In that case, he had paced away from where he was charging, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Also, Walker makes it a point to study his opponents as much as possible.

Walker put the knife in his ankle sheath. He then put his arms up in a position designed to grab incoming attacks, and break their arms, or legs. He was ready to win this duel.

Dunno if a pace would really be that fast...

Lusk walked forward, towards Lusk. He let the katana he held drag behind him, carving a line in the compacted soil that made the arena floor. No thoughts clouded his head. No dreams of becoming a poet, no worries of bullies, no illusions of grandeur. No depression, no rage, no happiness. Just Lusk. The fourty-five year old man looked tiredly at the boy ahead of him. Walker Drown, circa 8 years ago. A boy of anger, of ego. Of false promises and incredible potential.

The coat Lusk wore was tight. It was meant for him in a younger state, not the old loser now. Taking it off, and throwing it behind him, Lusk turned back to the youth, old muscles showing from beneath his half-sleeve shirt. Muscles from another age, another life. An old tattoo snaked down his left arm, a mark from another life. A scar told of another. A burn mark from another. Lusk was a history book, a biography of himself. It was the one insight his power gave him.

Dropping the katana and brushing a tuft of grey hair from his forehead, he turned to the Drown boy. Making his cauterized hand young again to before the explosion, Lusk stretched both of his hands. Only fair he should have had two.

Looking to Drown again, he nodded, an almost unperceivable motion. A move of honour. Ha, like you know what that is anymore. That died as soon as you joined the Ghostbloods. That died as soon as you killed your father.

Looking back at Drown, Lusk took a step backwards.

And lunged forward with a punch.

Uh... I'd say you have to edit that. Respond in a fair way to an attack.

Done. No counter attack was made in the defense.

Walker attempted to grab Lusk's arm, and to kick him away, while he had a steady hold on his arm, trying to dislocate the arm.

@Ookla the Guacless

Edited by Darth Woodrack

As Lusk went for the punch, leaning in for more power, he found his arm grabbed by the Drown kid. Immediately, Lusk tried analysing the situation. His mind was old and his knowledge of grabs not as expansive as it had once been, but Lusk could still try to figure things out.

For one, he was grabbed by the arm. It made Lusk and Walker into one. Any move Lusk could make would, by essence, affect Walker and any move the kid could make would affect Lusk. As Walker lashed out a kick in Lusk's direction, Lusk used his superior range and Walker as an anchor to twist away and sidestep the kick.

There. Since Walker's kicking leg was still up, and Lusk had created a sense of disbalance through his twist, that meant Walker was currently up on one leg. That would make him easy to trip. Now utilising his superior strength and weight against the 15 year old, Lusk turned the hand Walker grabbed and effectively attempted to turn Walker's grab against him, attempting to push forward with all his weight and to slam the teen into the ground.

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

Walker twisted, using the momentum he got from the kick, to try and spin around behind Lusk, choking him with his own arm.

Ok.

As Lusk tried to slam Walker, the youth turned and tried twisting Lusk's arm around him, pressed against his neck. Lusk thought about. Strategically, the position had many flaws. He knew that. But for the life of him Lusk couldn't remember any. He thought about changing back to age 30, he would surely remember all strategies then, but decided against it. No powers. This was about Honour.

Utilising his free arm and his strength, Lusk wormed his head under the arm Walker grabbed, using his free arm to grip the elbow and using his neck to get under the arm. After he was no longer being choked, Lusk attempted to reach his free hand from above him onto Waller's cuff, and with both hands on Walker from above and behind Lusk, Lusk stepped forward and tried throwing Walker over his head, and onto the ground.

Walker was flung away from Lusk, ad twisted in midair, to land on one leg and used his hand to steady himself, and then swiped at Lusk's leg, trying to trip him and then, if Lusk tripped, he would slam himself backwards, to hit him in the face with his elbow. If he failed, he would sumersault away, and then get back up in a ready position.

Luckily, the throw worked, and Lusk threw Walker away. The youth landed and attempted a swipe on Lusk's legs. If Lusk had seen it coming, perhaps he would have been able to dodge. But the swipe made Lusk stagger and immediately Walker was at him, thrusting his elbow forward towards Lusk's face. Bringing his hands up to block the elbow, Lusk only mildly succeeded, but managed to grab the elbow. Immediately, he threw the elbow high and aimed to lunge for the side of Walker's torso, right under his arms for a bear hug. Attempting this lock, Lusk tried tackling Walker to the ground.

Just remembered something. You forgot to put the poll that goes up at the beginning of each duel, the one that says "who do you think will win?" And gives options.

If Walker didn't trip him, he wouldn't have lunged for him, so I will go like he was trying to flip Walker over and get on top of him.

Walker felt Lusk pcikinghim up, and tackling him back to the ground. He put his hands behind him, to break the momentum, and tried to kick off hard against Lusk's gut, to force him off Walker.

@Ookla the Guacless @Kidpen

Mod please?

Ok. Nice poll :P 

The kick landed. Lusk staggered back, groaning. As the kick went down, Lusk grabbed Walker's leg and pressed it down in the opposite way, before sitting in it, attempting to break it unless he took his weight off.

I know. So kind and unbiased.:rolleyes:

Walker twisted and tried to get his other leg around Lusk's neck, and tightened his grip around his neck, choking him, until either he passed out, or let go of Walkers leg to get his other one of his neck.

As Lusk continued attempting to break the leg, Walker's second leg snaked around his throat. Lusk still had one hand left that was free, but that didn't nearly have enough strength to remove the choking by itself. Double Drominad Lock, he thought, recognising the lock. It forced Lusk to let go, lest he get himself injured. Let's make that a Triple Drominad Lock.

Using his remaining hand he attempted to grip Walker's neck, choking him. Now, Walker had to let go of his attack on Lusk to free himself, which meant Lusk didn't have to let go of his attack on Walker to free himself.

Small flaw their.

Walker used both his hands, because neither of them were being used, to attempt to grab the hand that was trying to choke him off his throat and then twist it against the ground, while maintaining his choke hold on Lusk's neck.

Oof

Lusk's hand was taken and pressed to the ground by Walker's two. Now, neither had any more things they could do. All Lusk had to do was wait. Just a bit longer and hopefully the leg would snap. He just had to endure. Endure. Meeting Walker's eyes, he stared at the boy, as if saying something. I'm not giving up.

His vision darkened and Lusk fought to keep it up. Just a little longer...

Wait, if Lusk passes out from a choke hold, do I automatically win? Also, if you try faking, Walker is going to keep choking you until he is announced winner, so that wold be a bad strategy.

Walker felt his leg begin to break. It was whaling at him to let up, but he kept going, knowing that even if his leg broke, he would still be suffocating Lusk, and when he passed out, Walker would win. He could get his leg healed, and a new hand. He kept his choke hold on Lusk's neck.

I guess so, but doesn't the body automatically tap metals when unconcious to keep the person alive? So maybe he'd unconsciously tap Atium to an age where he wasn't unconcious.

It was getting too much.

The choke.

Too much.

Lusk had to think of something.

Fast.

Or pass out.

His thoughts were clipped.

He couldn't think straight.

Survive.

Letting go of trying to break Walker's leg, Lusk used his free hands and legs to take off the choke Walker out on him, taking a deep breath. He could breath. Breathe! Still seeing as they were on the floor, Lusk tried an abrupt attempt at diving onto Walker's stomach with his elbow, after attempting to pin him down.

13 hours ago, Ookla the Guacless said:

I guess so, but doesn't the body automatically tap metals when unconcious to keep the person alive? So maybe he'd unconsciously tap Atium to an age where he wasn't unconscious.

Well, I don't think that's how it works.

Walker felt Lusk push his leg off of his neck. He responded by spinning away, gritting his teeth as Lusk's arm skidded along his side, and hit the ground. Walker then took the leg that Lusk had given up on braking, and swung hard at Lusk's neck, to hit him square in the throat with his leg, and with his other leg, kicked downward hard at Lusk's gut with his other leg.

18 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

pcikinghim

How did you manage that?

Also, that is how it works. Subconscious tapping happens.

Before I do my attack I just want to say sorry :| 

Before Lusk could elbow the kid Walker rolled away, sending two of his own legs to hit Lusk. One hit him in the gut and Lusk bent down in hurt, clutching it. The reaction allowed him to miss the leg going for his neck.

Seeing the two legs extend, Lusk grabbed each with a hand (or attempted to). Spreading them out, he then used all of his strength to try and kick as hard as he could into Walker’s, erm, groinal area.

Oof

Why? It's a perfectly legitimate attack.

Yeah, but it’s one thing having a legitimate attack and another permanently disabling someone from having children :P

Though in all honesty you heal it after the duel. One thing you couldn’t heal, though, would be the psychological scars.

Not all the way. He will be healed if he loses...