1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Walker
    • Definitely Walker
    • Sooooooooo, Walker
    • No way Walkr loses
    • Tie
    • That old guy.
    • Voidus

Walker calmy stood at his side of the arena. He was ready for a fair duel, without fades, or wingless larkin. He spun his katanas in a circle. He would have to wait though.

Still, target practice is always fun.

Welcome! This is the contest of Champions, Walker vs. Lusk! @Ookla the Guacless is Lusk, I am Walker and @Ookla the Ookla is mod. Here are the combatants.

WALKER

Spoiler

Walker Drown

Investitures: Double Steel

Build: 6 ½ feet tall, and of normal build.

Skills: Good with duel swords, Knives, and hand to hand combat. He can also read and is a skilled strategist.

Equipment: Two katanas strapped to his back and keeps the speed that he uses in a ring in the back of his mouth. He also keep emergency steel reserves in his wrists, and an emergency knife strapped to the side of his leg under his pant leg, but over the metal plate. One of his katans can never dull, floats, responds to his commands mental commands, and he can always know where it is. He also has a pair of heat maces, and a flame thrower, as well as a pair of devastor pistols.

Just for this duel: He is currently carrying a very small pot.

Clothes: Sentinel Jacket over chain link and brown leather pants with metal plates strapped under them. Combat boots and leather gloves. Keeps his hair above his evers and about an inch above his shoulders, but that’s it.

Personality: Very loyal, mildly cheerful, Kind of deceptive, doesn’t really trust himself to make his own judgements. He is very untrusting to someone he doesn’t know, but suffers from the delusion that if someone is part of a group they are as trustworthy as that group.

Weakness: He is psychologically incapable of breaking a promise and won’t kill somebody without giving them a chance to fight back.

History: He was abandoned by his parents because they couldn’t take care of him and was adopted by a world hopper. The world hopper found that he was twinborn and started training on Tavalin. When he was twelve he was told to store as much speed as he could in a small nugget of steel for a week, and when he was done, he was told to swallow it. He was than given another nugget and filled it with the investiture from the first nugget and swallowed it. He then repeated the process until he could barely extract all of the speed from the swallowed nugget in 5 minutes. He then had his ring engraved in the back of his mouth and stored all of his speed in it. He continued training in his swords, his knife and his hands, until he was 17. Than a sandling killed his master while they were training and sent him out alone. He had a fair amount of money and went to scadrial where he continued to train in the use of feruchemy with his terrisien ancestors for 2 years. He then moved to border land and trained in combat their as a mercenary for 2½ years before joining  TUBA and becoming a soldier for them. He then met Dusk who joined TUBA a year after him and became incredibly close with him. He spent the extra half year filling his knowledge gaps about the cosmere and basic sciences. He still operated as a mercenary as long as the contract doesn’t threaten TUBA, which he treats as a new family.

LUSK

Spoiler

Name: Lusk Uwik

Investiture: Atium Ferring.

Skills: Can store and tap age. Can also order people around, though whether they listen is another story. GB Council Member. Very skilled in using Harmonium cubes.

Items: A knife, an ego, some Atium-minds, and pouches and pouches of little Harmonium (Primer) cubes. They are all charged in a different Investiture and can be used for different purposes. One time use for each, as Lusk can’t recharge them.

Weaknesses: Insecure about liking poetry and wanting to go to space ever since he was a boy. Egotistical and has too much confidence in himself. Insecure about being an Atium Ferring. Can only use each Harmonium cube once.

Personality: Despicable in every way. If people had taglines to go with their names, Lusk’s would be: “Lusk, a Complete Cremling.” He has a little depth through his projected aura of confidence even though he’s really insecure about most things.

History: Originally from Threnody, parents were pretty tough on him which is how he develops his insecurity and projected narcissism. As more and more people started following his orders his ego started to become more than just a projection. Made his way to become a GB Council Member.

Let the games begin!!!

Edited by Darth Woodrack

"You're insane. Absolutely rusting insane. Are you hearing me?"

Lusk quietly ignored Wradin, the Ghostblood Elite trying to dissuade Lusk of taking the duel. If a Council Member died in a duel, that wouldn't be good for HR. Lusk sighed. That didn't matter. Most wanted Lusk dead anyway. he knew Wradin wanted Lusk dead too, secretly, which was why he wasn't doing more to stop him from taking the duel, if he really was so concerned. The Ghostblood probably even came here so he could look good to Lusk in the event he didn't die.

"You know everyone is cheering for that Drown kid out there, right?" Wradin said as Lusk prepped his Harmonium cubes. He had a lot of the small things, all around aluminum pouches around his body. "Literally no one out there is cheering for you. Well, maybe I'm cheering for you, but that's about it..."

Steel, Pewter, Tin, Chromium. Check. "You're old, Mr. Uwik!" Bronze, Copper, Duralumin, Iron. Check. "You're just an old man now. What are you, fourty?"

"Fourty-five," Lusk replied, straightening his leather coat, a solitary blue stripe running through the right arm. It was small for Lusk, but he could handle that.

Atium. Check.

"And you're forgetting something, Wradin," Lusk said as he opened the granite double-doors that led into the main arena. People cheered, and some booed. Lusk turned around, closing the doors. "I'm an Atium Ferring."

Wradin looked baffled. "What? That's not something to brag ab-" But Lusk closed the doors and turned around to face the Drown kid, who was on the opposite side of the arena. Walking forward, Lusk tapped Atium, becoming a young man of about 25 again, fitting perfectly into his coat, hair turning black again. He took his knife out and grinned.

This would be fun,

Edited by Ookla the Guacless

Love the signature.

Walker saw Lusk. He was happy. He then saw his niece in the crowd, "Oh crap," He said. His niece was soooo annoying. Well, better get on with it. He pulled out a devastor and sent a spray of plasma at Lusk, tyin to catch him in the midriff.

His niece is going to be my Era 3 character. Just putting her in continuity.

Cheers, mate. Like yours too, simple and funny.

As Lusk walked forward slowly he saw the Drown kid bring up a deadly-looking weapon, and sighed. Kids these days. Always playing with new technology. Back in Lusk's day, it was all knives. Though, technically, when you were a Threnodite, hammers worked much better.

As a spray of concentrated plasma came shooting towards him, Lusk realized he might not be able to guarantee a dodge by stepping aside and instantly stored a large portion of age into his atium-mind, shrinking his physique and body to the age of how Lusk looked like when he was five instantly. Due to the age change, his height immediately shrank as well, and he looked up as the plasma sailed over him. The leather coat was also way too big for him.

Lusk hoped father wouldn't beat him for looking so dumb. Wait, father? Lusk hadn't thought of father for a long time. Yet, he felt scared, he hoped mama was here, so she could comfort his fear. Wait, he realized. The age-change was changing how he thought as well. Laying off the atium-storing, Lusk grew back to the mid-twenties body he was in before, familiar thoughts coming back to him, arrogance stronger than ever. His ego had always peaked at 25ish.

Fitting into his coat once again, Lusk yelled again, walking forward. "Is that the best you can do?" He asked, grinning, preparing some Harmonium.

That's cool. I like newer characters being linked in some way to older ones. Will she have any powers?

Walker smiled. He then ran around behind Lusk, left his katana and then returned to where he was, before laying of the steel mind and spinning to the side, to get a shot off at Lusk's foot. At the same time, he called his katana to him, blade first.

Rapid fire, short range teleportation, and resurrection. Not as OP as it sounds.

Edited by Darth Ookla

As the Drown kid circled Lusk in an eye-blink, Lusk thought of the mechanics of tapping Atium. It appeared to change how he thought slightly, as well. When he was five, he had feared his father. When he was twenty, he had been a egotistical cremling. Somethings never change, he thought as he stored more of his age into the atium bead. He grew a little shorter immediately, and a few pimples began to crowd his face. His body was thin and lanky, but his mind was keen. Ah, teenage years, he thought as he tried considering what Mr. Walker was doing. He needed to prepare for his Investiture exams.

Um, he left a katana somewhere behind me, and he's in front of me with his scary gun out. Sounds like an attack on two fronts, like when Ter Smith and Susana Hasting bullied me for liking poetry. That means he'll Pull the katana at me, if the Geran v. Olson duel is anything to go by.

Studying was hard, teenage Lusk decided, but brought two harmonium cubes out anyway, a Pulser-cube and a Lurcher-cube. Throwing the cadmium cube at the direction of the bolt, it detonated a time bubble around the shot. Plasma bolts were pretty fast so the cube would only delay it a few seconds. Seeing the Katana glimmer in the light as it flew towards him Lusk threw the Lurcher-cube far away to his side. The cube, charged with a large amount of Allomantic iron Pulled everything in sight towards it, Pulling the katana straight off its course. It would also Pull Mr. Walker's gun.

Lusk's knife unclasped and flew towards the cube as well. Shadows. Should've studied more, he thought as he stepped back and around the delayed plasma bolt, aiming a punch at Drown, growing back to twenty.

The katanas heavily invested, so it went mildy off course, and the cadmium bubble would have stopped Walkers gun from being pulled off course. The katana would still miss you, but only by about a foot.

Walker leaned back and only caught the punch on the tip of his nose, and it mildly hurt. He put his gun away and with hi left arm, he tried to grab Lusk's arm and twist it around and used his right hand to try and punch him in the gut.

Well, if we’re going to introduce our Era 3 characters preemptively...

Her character sheet is in my sig.

Seom sat down into her seat, excited and anxious at once. She looked down at the arena where the contestants would be fighting, a buzz of nervous energy releasing itself via a grin. She didn’t like to see people harmed, but pit fights of this kind were apparently common entertainment, and the contenders usually didn’t die. At the same time, the crowd of cheering, screaming spectators terrified her; living with her father and only occasionally seeing other people. Most of her time, she’d only seen her dogs and horses, so all of the yelling people disturbed her greatly. 

She leaned forward in her seat as the fighting began, cringing as the combatants struck at each other. She had never before seen  real violence, and she leaned forward, eyes fixed on the two figures below. She blinked, that reaction of hers, focus instead of horror, was likely a result of her Koloss blood. She settled back into her seat, watching the fighting below with a more appropriate mix of confusion, disgust, and sympathy. What could drive people to like fighting, to enjoy putting one’s self in danger to cause others harm? It made Seom slightly nauseous, but she stayed in her seat anyway.

Ah, sorry, I forgot the blade was Invested. The Cadmium bubble was meant to be around the plasma bolt as it fired, not the gun.

The punch connected but Lusk's arm was quickly caught by Walker. His opponent punched Lusk in the gut and Lusk gritted his teeth trying to fight through it. No matter what age he was, pain was still pain. Attempting to get out of Walker's grasp, Lusk immediately started tapping atium instead of storing, growing into an old man in an instant. His ski turned wrinkly, his teeth became yellow, and his arms became weak and twiggy. Immediately he felt his sight begin to dim too, but that didn't worry Lusk. Pulling his suddenly very thin arm away from that rusting Drown youngster's hand, old Lusk took a weak step back. Any more and he wouldn't be able to see his opponent.

He hated kids. They always thought they were some sort of hotshot. Darn meddling teenagers. Lusk thought through his memories, trying to remember notable events in his life he could use to his advantage. There had been Lusk's year-long span of depression after his mother had died, where he'd locked himself in his home and grown obese and anti-social. Only his determination had brought him back, but the memory was still there. Storing his atium precisely to the year where it had happened, at age 29, Lusk felt as a bout of fresh sadness flooded through him and his body suddenly became large and chubby. His coat and pants hurt a little as they suddenly became tight.

He just wanted to get away from this duel, away from everyone. And the only way to do that would be to take down this Walker. Yelling, he charged his heavily increased-mass (read: obese) body into Walker, trying to throw him to the ground.

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Meme-Thief said:

usually didn’t die.

Usually. *remembers Mara*

liek if you cry everytiem

2 hours ago, Darth Ookla said:

pouches

Plural. Mwahahaha :P And yeah, the pouch would fall to the ground.

As the crying Lusk stomped and charged, he completely missed Walker, he felt sad. I'm useless, he thought. I'm so, so useless. He turned around. I even lost a pouch.

As he watched with tears as the pouch fell towards the ground and Walker about to catch it, a part of him wondered if he could make use of the cubes that were in inside. In that pouch, there were six different types of cubes. If he could activate all at once...

Storing just a smidge more Atium than he'd been doing before, depressed Lusk morphed into a version of himself from only 7 years prior, popular Lusk. At this point, Lusk had switched schools from the bullying, and begun again in a new high-school. At this point he'd decided to completely change his demeanor. Goodbye to the poetry nerd, hello to the narcissist. Sure, he was suppressing who he was, but he also had gotten popular immediately. 22 was the age Lusk had decided to never tell anyone where his real passions laid. If he acted confident, people liked him. They liked Lusk the cremling. Was that a good enough excuse.

This Lusk was one that was almost always drunk. The age-change didn't bring the alchol with it, but it did bring the addiction, the wish of having that sweet, sweet drink again. he was disoriented, and happy. Popular Lusk didn't know a thing about fighting or strategy. Popular Lusk didn't care if he one or lost as long as he was popular.

Popular Lusk was also storms-good at beer pong. Taking out a solitary nicrosil-cube, he expertly threw it, acing it right into the open pouch of cubes that Walker dude had grabbed. Immediately, every cube in the bag exploded into its Allomantic effect, enveloping Walker in a bubble of whatever nicrobursted effects it had.

So, there's six types of cubes in the pouch Walker has, all of which is suddenly being activated at once, with Walker in the epicenter of it. I used a random number generator and paired it with the Allomantic Table to see what metals got activated. Looks like Copper, Chromium, Bronze, Duralumin, Alumium and Gold are all happening at once, nicroburst-level. The Copper and Bronze won't really have any effect on walker (actually, the very loud bronze pulses might distract him). The Chromium would leech him of any Allomantic metals he has, and maybe a few metal-minds (since its nicrobursted). The duralumin would briefly enhance Walker's metals (drat), but since they'd be leeched at exactly the time it wouldn't do much. I don't think the aluminum would have much effect, and the nicrobursted gold would probably confuse Walker with gold shadows more than anything else.

If his metals were being nicrobursted, and leeched at the same time, the effects should cancel each other our. Also, how did he activate them, without touching them?

Walker saw a series of shadows. He didn't care. Weran at Lusk and tried to drive his invested katana through Lusks's heart, while flaring his speed so much, that the human brain cannot respond fast enough to block him.

Good luck blocking this.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Phoenix said:

Storing age makes you older, not younger.

You are correct. Please assume so far Lusk’s tapping and storing have switched. :P I am befuddled.

Also, Darth, I don’t think the nicroburst And chromium would cancel each other out. Either your metals would be nicrobursted and then immediately leeched (if the nicrosil took effect first) or the metals would be leeched, in which case there would be nothing to nicroburst (if the chromium went first). I don’t think they’d cancel.

Also, he activated them by throwing a nicrosil cube into the bag.

Lusk stepped back, wondering if any of his friends were in the crowd. Maybe they could take like a video or something. He grew a little older to his normal mid-twenties age.

Looking at the cubes activating around Walker, Lusk held his own cadmium cube, and took a cautious step back. If he threw this at Walker, maybe it would buy hi-

Walker was suddenly gone, and from the corner of his eye Lusk saw his end. The electrical synapses in his brain literally would not be fast enough to be able to convince his body to dodge.

He wouldn’t move in time. But he had a Cadmium cube. A quick flick of the finger and Lusk activated a Cadmium bubble around him almost as soon as Walker disappeared. A bendalloy bubble would’ve been better, but Lusk didn’t mind as long as he lived.

So, Lusk just activated a Cadmium bubble around him. (He was already holding it, he just needed to press). Since time bubbles absorb kinetic energy (there are WoBs on that), Walker hitting this bubble at the speed he’s going (where the momentum is probably not going to allow him to stay off course) would be equivalent to him hitting a brick wall, at whatever super-fast speed he’s going. Fun :) 

Alright. Since I don’t want to be unfair I won’t say “oh he already had the Cadmium bubble” up and edit my post to fit, but I will edit it for another reason. This sort of attack, where you say “he can’t see it, or respond to it” is... problematic (godmoddy? Idk) I edited my post to say Lusk took a cautious step back before Walker ran, hopefully something he would believably do. This way, the distance (and subsequently time) from Walker to Lusk would increase, and Lusk could actually react. Because of the distance increase, it also makes it a little more likely for Walker to dodge the bubble (if he knows it’ll crush him), so this change is fair for both of us and doesn’t bind anyone’s hands.