Long Game 51: A Traitor in the Obligators

Straw

[Writeup to be edited in later]

I think I am here was lynched, but survived!

Vote Count:

I think I am here (3): Cadmium Compounder, Gancho Libre, Furamirionind

Jondesu (3): Araris Valerian, Alvron, Devotary of Spontaneity

Cadmium Compounder (1): Mailliw73

Lumgol (1): i think i am here

STINK (1): Amanuensis

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

The Night will end at 5:30 PM on December 19th.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless)

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5)

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo)

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden)

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind)

Coinshot, please shoot Itiah tonight.  Either they are a Thug or the Seer.  If they are a Thug then they should die and we won't have to worry/waste a good deal of discussion next day on if we should lynch them again.  If they are the Seer, then we either kill them (yay) or remove a bead of Atium from them (also yay).

Well, I knew my Thugness would get me killed in this game eventually. Too much of a chance that could interperet it as a Seer move, especially because I have a habit of being lynched semi-early.

Other than that, the Coinshot is probably inactive, so I don’t know how much they would be do tonight.

That’s all.

Lord Flamingo strolled back into obligator headquarters.  With all the talk about a traitor amongst the obligators, he'd decided to take a brief vacation at his country estates.

~~

Hi everyone, I just got back from a trip to Florida (I'd hoped I'd still be able to be a bit active during the time...but that didn't really happen)  Looks like I wasn't killed off during this time, so that's good.  I'll try to catch up on the thread as I'm catching up on work.

4 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

^^^^That^^^^^

I agree with everything Furamirionmind has to say.

Also, I heard some people asking for a time frame of when I got the PM?

I got it on Monday at 10:20 pm.

Sorry, I meant more of if the PM said when CadCom had been scanned. 

So, the biggest thing I've picked up on a first read-through of what I missed is that no one seems to be able to to voice any suspicions and no one seems to want to commit a vote to anyone.  This is somewhat expected at this point I'd say *ninja Gancho...oh, just announcing the return of Gancho* since with only one elim to start the game, there's not a lot to go off.  So, here are a couple thoughts/things I may have found fishy...or in some cases not fishy:

• I don't think anything can be gained from the D1 voting.  There was a random lynch due to a change in rules...but really nothing that seemed to be the seer protecting him/her self.  There may be something to be gained from the fact that there was only one vote on all the targets.  It may be that the seer also wasn't thinking about the rule...but also that the seer wasn't actually voted on.  So, who didn't get voted on day one?
    • Araris
    • Malliw
    • Lumgol
    • Coop
    • Karnatheon
    • Nohadon
    • Amanuensis
    • CadCom
    • Gancho
    • STINK
    • Walin
    • (Someone please verify) - so, I think it's slightly more likely that the seer lies in that group of players.
    • Well, guess it can't be Walin.  (strikethrough added)

*ninja Malliw*

• Speaking of Malliw...super tunneled on me right now...not sure why.  Would like to get some explanation of this gut feeling so I can respond in turn.  (Basically, if I somehow end up getting lynched at some point based on one person's slight gut feeling, something is definitely wrong)

So if I were elim this game, I cant help but think that one strategy that would pass through my head is to lay silently, while the village kill themselves. Once I am lynched once, then at that time, I would be able to stop laying in wait, and I would pass out as many beads as possible before I'm completely lynched, if I didn't manage to convince them that I'm a thug.

-CadCom

I kind of see where you're going here...but that would put the elim at a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage...basically, say you start with 4 beads...then you get lynched...you use one that night but I'd assume the coinshot would hit you that night as well (based on most current playns), so you're down to 1...you're definitely getting lynched the next day if you survive twice like that, so you're now out of beads with only one convert.  With 5 beads, the seer would be in slightly better shape being able to get a second conversion in...but still, that's a rough way to go.  Maybe you make it long enough into the game where that works, but I wouldn't think that would be a good strategy for an elim in this game.  The second part of your quote is an interesting idea - basically don't lynch anyone to force the elim(s) to action.  That is a temporary measure at best, but could, I guess, be helpful to basically get this to a more standard game mode.  Basically, D1 would have been a good day for a no lynch...D2 not as much so, but still maybe, and from now on, I think we'd only be helping the elim team.

Thank you for reporting but given conversions happen after Seeking we can't take that at face value until after the Seer is dead and another seeking happens.

-Alvron

I believe Straw clarified that seeks would be after conversions (which is contrary to the original post)...so that information, if valid, would be good for a full cycle

RULE CLARIFICATION:

Someone asked a question about the order of actions for this game. I did a bit of looking around, and interestingly, I couldn't find an order of actions list for this game. To fix this problem, here's the order of actions:

Converting

Tineye Message

Smoking

Seeking

Protecting

Killing

Yup, there it is.

That's kind of it for now...sorry, not a ton of addition to the conversation, but hopefully this can help spark some conversation. *And just for good measure, another Gancho ninja just as I'm about to submit*

@Gancho Libre Perfect, thank you. So the scan isn’t entirely helpful. @Ookla the Lumgol What about yours? 

@Rathmaskal I couldn’t explain it the first two days. Just something seemed off, but after I talked to you a bit more in PMs, I’m not as suspicious. But I’m struggling with suspicions this game. I’m really grasping for what I can. 

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Lumgol said:

@Mailliw73, the PM said the scan was as of night 2.

Yay... So I am innocent right now, but may not be tomorrow...

The real use of these scans I think, is that they tell us who wasn't converted on a given night, not who to trust.  Trust will come and go as you can trust me now, but not D4...

I think perhaps we should try to focus on trying figuring out who would have been converted D1. Every villager scan, tells us they weren't converted D1, and it will probably be the easiest thing to check, as all our info is relevant to D1, but less and less to each day going forward...

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Lumgol said:

@Mailliw73, the PM said the scan was as of night 2.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Lumgol said:

Also, I'm suspecting ITIAH for being so quick to jump to conclusions and also for suspecting me.

Try not to double post unless you feel you need to for some reason. Instead, just edit your second mesage into your first, and start it off with an "EDIT" or something, so people know it was edited in. Mods don't tend to like double posting... *looks at Alv*

Hmm, I read ITIAH's concerns of Lumgol, and I think they really make sense.  The fact that Lum used the phrasing "Red Herring" especially is strange to me. A "red herring" would imply that we should disregard the message mostly, if not completely.
This with this past statement... People originally went after ITIAH because they went after Lum, I don't know what is to be gained from restating those convictions... ITIAH has said nothing against Lum this turn...

It would be an interesting strategy to go after the new player N1. I think Rae was the Seer last time(?), and she specifically tried to shake up her normal strategies for this kind of game...

2 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

I believe Straw clarified that seeks would be after conversions (which is contrary to the original post)...so that information, if valid, would be good for a full cycle

He also further clarified the next cycle that conversions happen after seeking after Maill pointed out that it was already in the OP.  He was going to ask Orlok to edit the post containing the OoA given the thread had already been locked and merged by then.

13 minutes ago, Alvron said:

He also further clarified the next cycle that conversions happen after seeking after Maill pointed out that it was already in the OP.  He was going to ask Orlok to edit the post containing the OoA given the thread had already been locked and merged by then.

Hmmm, I see.  I'm assuming you're referring to this post?

Huh, I took that as meaning that the conversion happened during the Night. However, I do see your point. I'll ask Orlok to edit the OOA.

That still seems somewhat ambiguous.  Would the edit be 'edit it to say what I said when I clarified' or 'edit it to say what's being interpreted here'?

Edited by Rathmaskal
typo

2 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

I don't think anything can be gained from the D1 voting.  There was a random lynch due to a change in rules...but really nothing that seemed to be the seer protecting him/her self.  There may be something to be gained from the fact that there was only one vote on all the targets.  It may be that the seer also wasn't thinking about the rule...but also that the seer wasn't actually voted on.  So, who didn't get voted on day one?

There was never really a push to have an actual D1 lynch, and the two vote minimum rule that was theoretically in place meant that a single vote would not have been fatal. This turned out to not be the case, but a Seer who happened to have been voted on D1 should not have felt an urgent need to protect themselves. 

As conversions went after Seeking in the original game and in the rules that Straw posted, I'm assuming that without a clear follow-up statement of a rule change, conversions do indeed take place after Seeking.

[Writeup to be edited in later]

Devotary of Spontaneity is dead! They were a Smoker!

Tineye Message:

faohomefweluplz

~Ookla the Cryptic

GM Notes:

PMs are open.

Please submit your actions in your GM PM.

The Day will end at 5:30 PM EST on December 21st.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Ookla the Phoenix (AKA xinoehp512(Neddih) Obligator

2. Ookla the Guacless (AKA I think I am here) (The Legendary Guacless)

3. Araris Valerian (Ookla the Inherited)

4. Malliw73 (Matarn Wachtrot)

5. Alvron (Nameless Obligator #5)

6. Ookla the Lumgol (AKA Lumgol) (Teraval)

7. Coop772 (Ihcnoux)

8. Ookla the Ring (AKA Karnatheon) (Bessum)

9. Ookla the Gambler (AKA Nohadon) (Velrond Tarot)

10. Amanuensis (Xemalun Renaud)

11. Ookla the Duck (AKA Cadmium Compounder) (Palessi)

12. Ookla the Libre (AKA Gancho Libre) (Erbil Ohcnag)

13. Rathmaskal (Lord Flamingo)

14. Ookla the Heretical (AKA Devotary of Spontaneity) (Jesorden) Smoker

15. Ookla the Skeptical (AKA Snipexe) (Snipexe)

16. Jondesu (Remart)

17. STINK (Flans Mastic)

18. Ookla the Walinevitable (AKA Walin) (Nedran) Obligator

19. Furamirionind (Furamirionind)

Well, poop.  Either the Coinshot is inactive, evil or didn't want to kill Itiah.  Or Itiah is the Seer and we cost them another Atium.  Now we get all the fun of deciding if it's worth lynching them again.

In the mean time, Maill.  You publicly claimed as a Smoker, a very valuable role for the Obligator during the cycle you revealed.  You are also a very convincing and cunning player.  I told you when you revealed that lynching you D4 would be the best course of action and here we are.  You have not gained any votes nor much in the way of suspicion making you a great target for conversion.  The fact I'm alive makes me think you aren't evil but at the same time, not killing me would be more fun for you.  As things currently stand you are my best bet for a successful lynch.  Aman and Itiah would be my next top suspects.